I wan't to join a gym so when I get to my goal weight I'm not skinny fat...

I wan't to join a gym so when I get to my goal weight I'm not skinny fat, but I have terrible anxiety so I'm scared to do it. How bad is it really?

AlsoI'm Australian and my closest gym is a Jetts, are they good?

Listen to your own music, concentrate on your own lifts. Shut the world out if you have to and suddenly the gym seems empty.

>when
Pffthahahaha listen. There are people out there with actual obstacles to overcome. Don't kid yourself. You should develop a backbone and a pair of testicles.

lmao aussies are such pussies
we should kick you cucks out of the anglosphere tbqh

Just grow a pair brah.

You may get looks your first days/weeks but they're the looks of "how long will it take this cunt to bitch it and give up".

Besides from when i started straight up skelly i had to ask for a lot of advice and most people are polite enough to help, yes even the roided/shredded looking blokes.

The more you consistently go bro the more respect you'll get and trust me you're even sure to make some friends.

As for jetts i've never been but i've been to Snap Fitness when i was starting out and they have friendly staff and it was mainly girls desu, the big dudes go around night time 6pm-11ish, either way a gyms a gym its all the same shit bro.

Just start and don't give up brah you can make it.

Ok thanks.

>You should develop a backbone and a pair of testicles.
I already have some but they're clearly shitty.

Please don't, it's the best sphere.

>my closest gym is a Jetts, are they good?
No. All those 24/7 gyms are complete trash. They have minimal facilities, small amount of weights and have the cheapest equipment they can afford, and management might as well not exist once they've gotten their monthly payments out of you. I remember when I went to quit Jetts I couldn't get anyone on the line for over a week, so I had to cancel all future payments from my bank to get their attention.

But at the end of the day it's a room with weights and treadmills in it and they tend to be cheaper than the good gyms, plus if you want to work out at 2am so nobody s around to see you crying while curling five pounds then you can do that. Just ask someone to show you around and see if you like the look of the place.

As for your anxiety, stop being a little bitch, nobody is going to give you a hard time, most people at gyms ignore each other.

>we should kick you cucks out of the anglosphere tbqh
>we
You've never done anything to contribute to your people and no, prepping the bull doesn't count, so stop being a faggot.

can't you just box with kangaroos until you're slim or something?

>this fucking assblasted
i thought you cunts were supposed to be good at banter?

>Boxing with kangaroos
That's the advanced routine m8.

>no management
>a bad thing
Living in a decent community is nicer than I thought.

It is basically about picking the right time

My gym (also in Aus) is completely different on a saturday morning compared to a Sunday night. You end up learning which times have decent people

>assblasted
What makes you think that?

>But at the end of the day it's a room with weights and treadmills in it and they tend to be cheaper than the good gyms
This is all I really want ay the moment. Right now I just want to lose another 10-12kg and not be skinny fat.

I know how you feel OP, I want to join a gym too I'm 135kg but have no idea how to gym etiquette and worried I'll piss everyone off and look like a dumb cunt.

At least I'm a NEET and can go during the day when all I have to suffer is the judgemental fit mums laughing at me behind my back.

Gyms are generally a good robot place. People just try to lift and interact as little as possible. Go during a time when the gym is not full and you will feel like a ghost.

Everyone was beginner the first time. As long as it is not crowded no one will even notice you are there. You pick up the gym ethics after a few weeks, mostly by being pissed off at the kids doing curls in the only squat racket when you need to squat.

What part of the country you in man?

>135 kg
Don't bother wasting your money on a gym until you show you can actually stick to a diet plan and simple bodyweight routine for a few months ffs.

Melbourne, well down on the Mornington peninsula.

Also how should I dress for the gym?

I have an easier time to stick too a diet when i work out. It become more of a routine like that. I def think he should gym first and then diet.

runners, shorts or slacks, t-shirt
ie: workout clothes

An old t shirt, trackies or shorts, runners or other flat soled shoes if lifting.