Can Veeky Forums sit comfortably in a flat-footed resting squat? Where your flexibility gains at?

Can Veeky Forums sit comfortably in a flat-footed resting squat? Where your flexibility gains at?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BxOObDYl7Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=DYo2uk8wnkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i fucked my ankle trying to achieve the mobility needed to do this

How'd you manage that, and how badly?

herro

1. sure
2. i don't understand

I can do this and I don't do mobility work

I'm not asian and was very obese as a child

Nope. Injured my knee (Meniscus lesion) trying to hard to become that flexible.

I nearly died trying to achieve that, don't do it lads

Blew out both my knees, cracked my coccyx and lowest two vertebra PLUS one slipped disk, tore two tendons in my right ankle and completely detached my Achilles and every calf tendon from my left foot ankle.

Resting squat is a meme lads. Don't bother.

What the fuck

Too easy

Would never squat that deep with weight though

I'm not a burgerstani so yes, easily.

This is actually all genetics look it up faggots. I'm a slav and I can't lay my feet perfectly flat like that.

I worked on it a year ago but one day my lower leg just snapped and I've been recovering ever since thinking about amputate

same here but I'm thinking it's due to me being a fatfuck
>tfw can't join everyone memeing about slav squat

Are you fucking slav squating with 500 lbs or what ? How the fuck does one injure himself so bad simplysitting down ? I can understand not being to keep balance (this requires slav master genetics), but this shit is to extreme

how the fuck did you do that

>Can Veeky Forums sit comfortably in a flat-footed resting squat?
I can't because I always poo in loo
>Where your flexibility gains at?
increase in flexibility means decrease in stability so I only maintain the flexibility which I actually need

Tried to sit down slave style, my spine got ripped in half.

I used to be able to until I fucked up my left knee when snowboarding, now I can't bend my leg all the way

were you by any chance wearing sandals and denim shorts and thinking that "start with bodyweight squat" means your bodyweight on the bar?

Just didn't have the flexibility for that resting squat bs. Never will now.

yea i can
because i dont lift in a way that is not natural for human anatomy. like squating or doing leg workouts with heavy weights

this fucking thread

First time i tried I wasn't warmed up and when i did this i felt a sharp pain through my whole lower body, a loud snap happened and it turned out i tore my left glute, one of my patellas fractured and two of my spines popped out

>increase in flexibility means decrease in stability

Nope, last time I tried I impinged my shoulder and my dick fell off

DON'T TRY THIS

THE ONE FUCKING TIME I TRIED THIS
I WAS WEARING TIGHT PANTS AND
MY TESTICLES GOT CRUSHED

stability means difficult to modify, flexibility means easy to modify. they are opposites

im an chink so yes i can
>superior genetics

I don't think you understand how the human body works

Got it first time I tried. I was in Florida swamp though and didn't realize I did it right on top of a juvenile snapping turtle. Fucker ripped my balls off. So not worth it.

not an argument

are you stupid?

Stability comes with strength. You don't lose that strength by becoming more flexible. Your flexibility should naturally increase through lifting. If you're not stable during a squat, it's more often due to a lack of mobility, never too much.

desu it probably works, first time I tried
I wasn't under the influence of enough
alcohol and I had to get open heart surgery senpai

of course

I was pretty close to being able to do it, I could get down there just about but couldn't hold it

Tore my ACL trying to stay in the position for too long.

Of course, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go out with my comrades.

youtube.com/watch?v=BxOObDYl7Pw

you don't lift do you

My flexibility is great, thanks.
Whereas to answer the former question,
> 7pm on a wednesday
> doing usual cardio in park
> park is moderately filled with people
> running 3rd lap
> listening to some music
> go around usual bend on my path
> see infant crying on ground
> must have fallen and scratched knee
> slow down, take out earphones
> do the squat position
> mfw pants burst open, shitter unleases a torrent akin a 'merican in a mart
> spine heaves with the force of several megatons
> skeleton leaves my body
> soul leaves my body
> whole park is obliterated
Never doing flat-footed squats ever again

Haha that's a funny "green text" friend =), mind if I save it and maybe even post it somewhere else?

It's all yours, friend.

>projecting that everybody has to look like Seid, otherwise he deserves contempt

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

i do, i'm just weak as shit. better mobility than you though ;^)

Yeah, turns out in a slav though. I can also do the splits.

yeah, especially with that engrish

You dont need good grammar when you're a physically beautiful male.

squatting is more of a slavic phenomenon

it is well researched that acute stretching leads to a decrease in strength and speed

the issue is that there aren't any studies on the consequences of redundant flexibility in trained strength athletes, or at least I have not seen one yet

so the only studies available are the aforementioned ones about acute results. it has been shown that static stretching acutely increases flexibility and that it acutely decreases strength. thus it is reasonable to conclude that redundant flexibility weakens you but more research is required

Vietnamese here, I can do it with ease

> it is well researched that acute stretching leads to a decrease in strength and speed

nigger, why do you think you're not supposed to do static stretching before a workout?
dynamic stretching before a workout, static stretching later in the day.

no flexibility, why do you think most people who do this in america are on their toes, they cant flat feet because no flexibility

Also if you faggots don't stretch after your workout for wahtever day it is you're missing out on gains. It's crazy I see people just walk out the gym and not stretch. Don't say you do it at home, nigga you aint warmed up unless you live next door

and that's why you don't do static stretches before working out.

you stretch to get more flexible, to improve mobility.

look at Klokov. he's huge, was an olympic athlete, has won gold. he's also flexible as fuck.

if you honestly think flexibility is a bad thing, you're stupid.

>decrease in strength and speed
Nigga put a retard cap on for life. Tell that to any sports trainer or physical therapist then unsubscribe from your gym membership

This is types of stretching before lifting, not overall flexibility.
Warm up sets are part of mobility work. You shouldn't stretch like a gymnast before lifting, but to not do a couple movements to get your shoulders or hips a little loose before benching or squatting is a good way to get injured or cause issues down the road.

okay and why should you do static stretching afterwards when there is no evidence of any benefits from it?

and dynamic stretching is a meme. what you have to do is warm up. and the only reason dynamic stretching "works" is because it is like a warm up. but warming up with the actual exercise is better than dynamic stretching

>he's huge, was an olympic athlete, has won gold. he's also flexible as fuck
do you think stretching has made him huge and strong?

look at jesse norris. he barely does anything mobility wise yet he is the strongest in his weight class in a much more competitive sport. jesse is smaller and much lighter yet he squats and deads more than klokov

what do you think why our body regulates flexibility?

well, do whatever you want you physics and biology illiterate dumbfucks

Jesse Norris does a lot of mobility work you idiot

Yes I can squat like this, always could. It's very comfortable. Sometimes I squat like this and lean up against a wall and that's nice too. I actually take my weighted squats to this depth because it's just the bottom of theovement for me. I am half Asian though, so maybe it's genetic.

when your skeleton gets destroyed from sitting down, you know you're too weak for this life.

flush yourself

are you retarded? it's common knowledge that you don't do any static stretching before physical activity/weightlifting etc

kay, show me

I have only seen him do mobility once

>I have only seen him do mobility once
and this is what I meant btw youtube.com/watch?v=DYo2uk8wnkg

> okay and why should you do static stretching afterwards when there is no evidence of any benefits from it?

the benefit is more flexibility, you dense mong.

> but warming up with the actual exercise is better than dynamic stretching

have you not read the fucking sticky? you do both, not either.

> do you think stretching has made him huge and strong?

stretching obviously hasn't made him weak, now has it?

also Klokov does olympic lifting, not powerlifting.

enjoy your quarter-squats.

Yeah, I've been able to do it my entire life with no problems.
Then again, I'm like 1/4 Slavic, so it's in my genes,

Are you autistic? He posted the mobility work he does before lifting. Do you expect him to keep posting the same video over and over again? He also incorporates lifts that help his mobility
Deficit deadlift is a solid example of that.

Basically it's the only way I sit, or cross legged.

Since always. My knees and ankles are fucked from years of it and my back is all pinched up in back too.

It's actually uncomfortable and anxious to sit like the regular person diagram shows

Yes easily do this. If you can't do this you've got some awful mobility and flexibility

>Klokov does olympic lifting, not powerlifting
dont lie. he does a lot of powerlifting. and btw of course olys do more mobility work because oly lifting has much much higher mobility requirements. but I am talking about excess mobility, not necessary mobility

>the benefit is more flexibility
flexibility that won't give you any benefits but in fact have a minor negative impact on your lifts

>le stiggy
show me any evidence that doing both is better than only doing warm up

not an argument

so youre talking about the video that I already posted here >some rolling
>3 half assed stretches glutes, hams, quads for 15 seconds each
>for bench he only does very quick wide grip shoulder dislocators
okay and how does that contradict my statement "he barely does anything mobility wise"

>elite lifter does mobility work every time he lifts
>hurrrr stretching decreases strength!
>flexibility is bad!
It disproves everything you've been arguing about. You also seemed to dodge my statement about a lot of his accessory lifts are more mobility work than anything for the guy.

> flexibility that won't give you any benefits but in fact have a minor negative impact on your lifts

you have posted exactly ZERO studies or other proof that flexibility has a negative impact on weight moved.

acute stretching (static stretching) before heavy lifting is bad. no shit, everyone already knows this. what everyone else also knows is that acute stretching and flexibility are not the same thing.

BUT HE CAN SQUAT ATG 135 WITH PUUURFECT FORM

315 SQUATTERS THAT CAN'T ATG ARE SUBHUMAN FILTH

what he does with his mobiity work is unlock his existing mobility because of tightness. he does not do any mobility work to increase his flexibility. therefore he exactly proves my point that redundant flexibility is pointless at best and hurts your lifts by 1-5% at worst

If you're not going to address the fact that his deadlift and squat variations are mobility workin itself, then stop posting. You don't lift. You don't know anything about lifting. Leave this board.

holy shit are you stupid. I stated many times that I am talking about excess flexibility that you do not need to correctly perform the exercise. yet you keep talking about necessary mobility which is obviously achieved without any stretching whatsoever, simply by doing the actual exercise itself. you must be legit sub 70 IQ that you are unable to understand this