Just your daily motivational reminder bros: We're all going to fucking make it...

Just your daily motivational reminder bros: We're all going to fucking make it. Story time because hopefully I can motivate some of you depressed motherfuckers. I was there.

I went from a civil engineering undergrad to massive depression because I fucking hated it and my family relationships were estranged. I quit the gym, got out of shape (but not fat though, just dyel) and in general contemplated suicide for a while.

From there, after a year and a half (This was circa mid-2013), I decided to quit being a faggot and make a change with my life, with support from my now fixed family relationships, switched to CS, the career I love, and have been pushing myself with activities until I have now a QT gf (pic related), a job at a startup and as a Ph.D Research assistant, and I'm back at the gym grind pushing myself. I have mentorship and guidance all from busting my ass because while I'm a few years more advanced than the students at my level, I'm much more mature and experienced, and reached out to the right people. Having been given a second chance, I'm not going to fuck it up.

There's times when shit looks fucking grim and you hit rock bottom. I'm not talking about the /no gf/ faggots claiming to want to die because no vagina; I'm talking about those of you with legitimate issues reading this board, understanding that many of you on a day to day basis feel like ass and in the back of your mind, you want to end your life but something keeps you hanging on. I want to tell you I've been there. I want to tell you it WILL get better. I want to tell you, no matter if you're a dindu or a fatty, that in reading this far, a part of you within your almost-defeated mind still wants to succeed, and you will succeed. At one point, if you will it, you can begin to make a change about where you are in your life, if just a little, by starting small at whatever it is you need to do to dig yourself out of that hole.

Let's all fucking make it bros,

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/open-source-society/computer-science
github.com/Michael0x2a/curated-programming-resources/blob/master/resources.md#python
github.com/open-source-society/computer-science/blob/master/extras/free-courses.md#algorithms
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tl;dr good for you

Thank you.

>Were all gonna make it
>Posts some chink bitch with skinny DYEL legs

Didn't make it.

good for you faggot, anyways im in high school is engineering that depressing?

also how do you get depressed? man up you fucking pussy

not op but engineering can get depressing if you get too involved in your studies, and you start to just do schoolwork 24/7 and not going out/lifting/socializing with anyone ever

Needed this. I'm sorta where you were 2013, now.
>losing interest in my science degree at Uni
>contemplating quitting gym due to anxiety and pretty hefty mood swings, plus money is hard to get, work is hard to find here.
>alone
>feel isolated with family, """"""friends""""""

I think I'll keep with gym for the time being, and although I'm dreading this semester at Uni, I'll try push through till the end of the year and hopefully I'll have made up my mind.

Nigga shit happens, depression is srs and while I do agree it's mental weakness, a lot of people can't help it due to situations like being estranged with your family, being under economic pressure, etc.

Also no, engineering isn't that depressing, I just hated the career because I only went into it due to family pressure to continue the business, when I never liked it. I have always been good at physics/mathematics but it was lack of motivation being stuck at a job I would hate the rest of my life, on top of estranged relationships and economic pressure that I caved.

You're going to make it user

Ty op

Everyone else is being a gloomy grapes but well done user, I was in the same boat as you, last year I was depressed, doing shit at uni, no friends or gf, DYEL as fuck. The first day I started getting suicidal thoughts that wouldn't go away was the day I knew I needed to change. Now though, I have a small but solid group of friends, a beautiful gf and im doing well at uni and making all kinds of gains. No real moral or point to my post other than to say keep it up bro and we're both going to keep making it

No
You're simply a coward who can't accept reality.

What reality? I'm on my way to making it and life is great now. Job prospects are looking up, I'm making money during school on flexible hours (working from anywhere, including home, no office required) and I have a GF doing her masters degree who loves me, cooks for me, lifts with me and given the little time I have sometimes, studies with me so we have at least some time together.

I work hard for a better life for the both of us someday. Reality is what I'm going to make it motherfucker and you can't put me, or any of the anons that have gone through similar shit down.

You basically described my life but without any if the success and I went from mechanical to cs. Thanks for the post man, I honestly feel better for the time being.

If you want some success: Get ahead of the curve if you have spare time by either one of two ways that lead to the same path:

1. Get involved in projects right away, github or projects within your closest programming community.

2. Reach out to a Ph.D student, a professor or someone along those lines for mentorship. Note: This works best if you actually do really well in a professor's course, requires hard work.

3. Strengthen your fundamentals through coursera and MOOC style courses. github.com/open-source-society/computer-science and then go try #2. This is especially useful.

and github.com/Michael0x2a/curated-programming-resources/blob/master/resources.md#python

and github.com/open-source-society/computer-science/blob/master/extras/free-courses.md#algorithms

as well as sources your can find on your own to help with point #3.

The first approach sometimes may be difficult if you feel like you lack fundamentals to meaningfully contribute: I don't blame you, but at times it's actually less about learning fundamentals (i.e you never really have to implement quicksort from scratch, libraries do that for you, but you should understand how things work on a low level and on a high level). In that case, Strengthen your fundamentals then contribute.

Alternatively, start your own projects or go #1 if you feel you are good enough. It looks great on your resume to be involved, but going through and finding something meaningful and paid to contribute like an internship is worth a lot more when it can be a serious job reference.

Cheers OP

Your childish rant speaks volumes :)

I apologize, made a small mistake, didn't remove the hotlink to algorithms and python.

lol k.

Do you even know what lol means. Of course you don't. You'll probably an hero when your Mc job is replaced.

Why do you clowns think ppl are depressed because they don't desire plastic toys from China?

what the fuck is up with all these faggots thinking that because they got a girlfriend their lives are perfect/complete

that is so sad

Holy shit do you Engifaggots not have friends?

Some of the best times I had were with my engineering college friends working on projects and assignments.

Come on man. Engineers have the best buddy/groups most colleges.

Did you study in Toronto op? In starting civil engineering at ryerson next week

Not OP but starting Social Work at Ryerson

>shit-pay career tier ftw

This

Engineering is awesome. Study hard all day then go get smashed with your study buddies to let off steam. I'm in my first job out of school now. Miss uni already

>Some of the best times I had were with my engineering college friends
>engineering colleagues
You mean Indians and Pakis?
Group projects are the worst thing ever.

t. physicist

Waterloo eng.

Lettuce be srs, engineering bud groups are a cockfest, and honestly not everyone is made for big friend groups.

The school matters less than what you do with your degree, but if you can try to apply to a swap to UofT or loo. Ryerson eng not very stronk. Then again, a lot of the knowledge is standardized so if you make your own opportunities on the side it doesn't matter.

At least you'll have qts in your classes, have hardly seen females in engineering

>tfw studying biology and 60% are females

This.
OP's story didn't motivate me at all. He doesn't seem very successful.

I'm in CS and do nothing outside of schoolwork, am I fucked? Can I at least get a shitty IT job when I graduate?

what does this have to do with me making gains

where is that pic from OP?

want to try out kayaking, but can't swim and don't know how.

how much does it cost to go kayaking? do they have life vests if you can't swim?

T
O
R
O
N
T
O

>asian
>qt
pick one

im starting mechanical engineering at a top school in the usa soon

any advice for a new lifting and university faggot?

only be in your room to sleep / socialize. Be out as much as possible

You won't be much of an asset in the job market.

What do feels threads have to do with making gains? This is for motivation for those who would need it.

It's not about the gf ffs it's about life looking up when shit was in the gutter.

Toronto Island.

Azn gf master race. I've dated and fucked white. They're less attractive, less intelligent, less likely to land a good job and with loose roastie pussy.

Work hard, make sure what you're doing is what you love, acquire social life depending on what you like (i.e large group or tight knit small group).

Bro no offense but getting an ugly Asian chink gf in Toronto (hurr durr the 6) is nothing to be proud of. You're a disgrace if you're white.

But if you're Asian ... I wish you two the very best! :)

>And you're right man, so many men on this board have fucked up issues.

>A disgrace.
I'm neither white nor asian, but white women are honestly a gigantic waste of time. I could go on as to why but gf-less anons that have gone to /pol/ too much will never get it.

Regardless, the gf is icing on the cake, what matters are the career prospects and happiness found in doing what you love.

>I'm neither white nor asian, but white women are honestly a gigantic waste of time.
I hope you're not brown.

And I agree with you, but its not relative to white women anymore. They're "all" whores now. Why did I quote all? Because there ARE good women out there.

My gf and I have been together since she's been 18. I was her first (first everything, kissing etc). What's the difference with her.. the family structure and belief in God.

Long story short, if you want a good girl:
>solid family structure
>belief in God

Cheers pajeet!

I got drunk as a kid and went down to some railroad tracks and fucked around there at like five in the morning

It still makes me have panic attacks thinking how I don't even know if the train arrived or not. Should I be dead?

Am I dead

Great fun :^)

let's lift at the mac next week

I go to george brown but lift there because gb sucks dick

>making it
>living in Toronto

pick one

Not brown either, latin american-canadian mix.

Lol belief in god. Nice bait doe. I will agree though that a good family structure will help in making her both interesting and a non whore.

If you care little about the girls education and ambition I guess I could agree with you, but if you value someone that shares your values in the job market and career wise, just a belief in god and a family structure won't do.

Ps. I'm non religious and would have a hard time dating anyone religious.

holy shit this is the biggest first world problem story I've ever heard. Are you delusional enough to think that you went through some kind of struggle?

Your story is literally, I was bored majoring in engineering and I didn't bother making any friends or getting a hobby, LIFE IS PURE SUFFERING.

Jesus, you need to have some perspective instead of acting like some kind of martyr.

i need that juicy 8 hours sleep for maximum gains though

honestly i dont know if i love engineering or not. my parents refuse to pay for anything else but engineering (unless i decide to become a lawyer or financial analyst or something)...

i love physics but hate/love math at the same time

who knows

Realize what you'll be doing in mech eng: You will be building machines/engines and things of the sort. Do you like the end goal of what you'll be doing? Don't think of just what you will learn, that is an accessory for what you will do. Once you think you will love what you will do, you can work hard at things such as vector math and differential equations knowing they will help you in the future.

If not, think about what you want to do.

>Literally this

When I read this kind of faggot suffering stories I remember that a bomb feel on my grandfather's house during WWII and that his sister died in the hands of his mother, we are soft right now.

>18
>was in USAF DEP for around a year
>wasn't what I wanted any more
>had depression and social anxiety my whole life
>situation with my parents (divorce) gets worse and worse
>can't take it anymore
>try to kill myself 4 days ago
>told parents I can't do USAF
>going to see shrink and whatnot soon
>dad still trying to talk me into military
>says its still my choice, etc they will support me no matter what

The plan as of now is to get a job and stay with my parents for a while, until I can get into a trade like welding or masonry or being an electrician or something.

I live in 315, so the cost of living isn't too bad here. I gotta get my own place as soon as I can.

Thanks, OP. I needed to read what you said. I'm gonna turn this shit around. I'm gonna make it.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

Next time use green text when telling a story.

Sorry, I didn't know Descartes lurked fit

google search: delusional faggit

>race mixer

yeah you didnt make it

So... you got a job and an average bitch?