Done with SS. i'm starting texas method tomorrow with volume day. what should i expect?

done with SS. i'm starting texas method tomorrow with volume day. what should i expect?

You should expect failure.

Don't go too heavy on volume day. Take 90% of your last 5RM and round it DOWN a little. Then do your last 5RM on intensity day, and work forward from there.

If you go too heavy on volume day, you'll stall within a few weeks.

do NOT start too heavy. it's so easy to get carried away on TM, but the routine is hard as fuck. set your ID lifts to your last 3x5 and set your VD lifts to something like 90% of that.

You should expect massive gains. After finishing, turn to german volume training 10x10 to literally feel the final solution from within. Strength through joy and Arbeit macht Frei.

finishing? wouldn't that be when i read advanced levels?

You think the final solution is just a name and not backed by results?

Volume day sucks ass man.

i do madcow for lower body and TM for upper :)

>tfw im not dealing with 5x5 Squats and 2 hour workouts

expect to eat a lot or you'll stall. the routine challenges your ability to recover quickly. another thing I noticed is that VD used to absolutely wreck me and the day after I felt physically sick, but after a few months I seem to adapt to that and it got better.

>not even doing TWO hour workouts
cmon

God it feels good not to be in the gym more than 1hr per session

how long rest do you go for on volume day? i used to do about 7 minutes inbetween sets the last weeks of SS (and get stuck when i cut it short).

its okay i don't have a lot of friends anyways so it's not like i'd be doing anything else

What are your lifts exiting SS and entering TM?

I'm curious cause I want to start TM but my lifts still seem pretty shit

wew lad. Dunno how you manage that. I was resting up to 15 minutes after my heavy squat set at the end of SS (1 heavy, 2 backoff at 90%.)

PPST3 and Rip's web article on the texas method recommends doing a weight that you can recover from in around 8-10 minutes between sets on volume day.

There's many more things you can do with that time breh... to just increase your overall quality of life.

If you're still making progress, don't change program. However...

If you're struggling to make progress on either the deadlift or the squat (particularly the deadlift if the squat is catching up to it) it might be time to switch to Texas for just those too lifts and keep the pressing movements on SS till the bitter end.

67 kg press
100 kg bench
162 kg squat
165 kg diddly

8 minutes rest at 5x5, sounds like a long day

>Dunno how you manage that.
getting stuck a lot is what made me decide to switch

The difference between 1 hour and 2 hour workouts is like 3 hours per week. Not that bad

that 3 hours could be used for many other things. Can you imagine what 3 hours to learning another language can amount to?

I haven't seen the sun in weeks.

Still don't understand how you did it even with multiple stalls if you're the guy who posted his lifts - they're about the same as mine were at the end (my deadlift was higher, bench was lower.)

i was not doing the programTM. i didn't go three times a week the last few weeks. i went maybe once or twice a week. my recovery didn't hold up for three.

Eh, more or less Doing The Programâ„¢ - last ditch effort to keep making linear progress is to reduce frequency by adding in extra rest days (e.g. Mon-Thur-Sun, Weds-Sat-Tues, etc etc etc.)

3 hours per week of rosetta stone isn't gonna do shit sempai. The secret to fluency is immersion.

Besides, are you telling me you don't have 3 hours of spare time in your whole week?

Just my opinion here but you should consider Candito's 6 Week program. I did TM for a while after leaving SS and it certainly keeps you getting stronger but I found it pretty boring and a bit of a grind tbqh. I made the switch to C6W and it was so much more interesting. Higher volume weeks, more variety, and more upper body work as well. Overall I think it's a much better program.

Someone who actually did SS right. Good job bruh.

>i said rosetta stone
>i said only 3 hours a week

sorry what were you saying?

Agreed. TM is good for a few months in order to squeeze out those last beginner gains, but after that, it's better to switch to a more specialized intermediate program for your goals (for example PPL for bodybuilding or C6W for powerlifting)

Then what's the fucking point of "progress"

>Yeah I made this and this progress on SS
>Now I'm gonna dial it back and keep making the same progress I've already made but it's gonna take several weeks longer and I'll eventually end up just a slight percentage ahead of where I was
>"Linear progression"

do you even know the program dude? you're supposed to do 80-90% of your 5RM on mondays

>said to use last 5RM as starting point but cut back volume slightly
>SLIGHTLY

Are you literally a nigger or just illiterate?

Cool deflection

Yeah

Which will again be about 60% of your SS lifts.

So you're going backwards just for the sake of the weekly progress alone. Which isn't really progress since you've already lifted that weight.

>hit 100kgs 5RM PR on SS
>Go on TM
>Go back to 80kgs as working sets
>Add 2,5kgs every week because progress
>Eight weeks later
>Back at 100kgs

But at least you made weekly progress for eight more weeks I guess.

Are you SERIOUSLY this stupid? Read up on the program again. This is not advanced fucking mathematics.

what are fridays xDDD

\>5x5
\>VOLUME day

Rippetards, LUL

enjoy your cardio, faggot