Carbs Dont Make You Fat

Browsing this board and in general I always see that people think that carbs make you fat. There is a process to convert sugar(all carbs get broken down to sugar) to fat. Its called De Novo Lipogenesis. This does not happen often in the human body even if your diet consists mostly of carbs.

Fat is efficient to store as energy and thats also why a gram of fat yields 9kcal. The only way to store the sugar as fat is to turn it into fatty acids first, and then store it as body fat. So this would mean that FAT is easier to store as bodyfat. And this is where the truth comes out, eating fat is the easiest way to get fat. The carbs you eat mostly gets stored as glycogen. Converting carbs to fat is very inefficient so it doesnt happen often

>but insulin spikes make you fat
Nope, You would need to eat like a hamplanet to get fatter by just eating carbs.

Sources, there are more but these will tell you enough:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24814684
>De novo lipogenesis (DNL) is a complex and highly regulated metabolic pathway. In normal conditions DNL converts excess carbohydrate into fatty acids that are then esterified to storage triacylglycerols (TGs). These TGs could later provide energy via β-oxidation. In human body this pathway is primarily active in liver and adipose tissue. However, it is considered to be a minor contributor to the serum lipid homeostasis

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10365981
>It is concluded that DNL is not the pathway of first resort for added dietary CHO, in humans

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6755166?dopt=Abstract
>These findings challenge the common perception that conversion of CHO to fat is an important pathway for the retention of dietary energy and for the accumulation of body fat

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839937?dopt=Abstract
>We close by speculating on potential functions of DNL in physiology and pathophysiology if storage of surplus carbohydrate energy is not an important function of DNL

Other urls found in this thread:

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/6/737.full
youtube.com/watch?v=l1-HQel1AGM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24075505
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18175736
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19368291
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21521539
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9216575
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11029975
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also most people have been shilled by the media into thinking carbs make you fat

ps;
Donuts, pizza, chocolate, etc arent carb sources. They consist of 50% fat

>Durian rider please go

who

>Eats small amount of fat with nocarbs
>fat gets burned
>eats small amount of fat with carbs
>suger burned,fat stored
irrellevant unless you are on a zerofat diet, which is super unhealthy

not irrelevant just as long as you limit the fat intake

you obviously dont want to be 0% bf so you have to eat some fat, but if you want to cut its better to reduce the fats

>Durian seriously plz go

Low fat is bad

As is low carb

A balance is always best

depends on what you mean with low fat, obviously trying to eat 0% fat is not good, 10% is fine

doing keto isnt though

You realzie those bottom 3 studies are extremely old and the top is is far from conclusive.
There are just as many studies on that site showing that KETO is healthy and effective for weight loss. Take your webmd degree with you and go home.

>keto is healthy
kek

I just linked a few studies, there are way more which support this

look it up you will see

Keto might be effective for weight loss but it is in no way healthy long term. Plus you'll be on low energy the whole time and your workouts will be like shit

>kek
Nice source to dis prove me

>but it is in no way healthy long term
Source please
>Plus you'll be on low energy the whole time and your workouts will be like shit
ya thats why there are variations where you can eat carbs right before a workout or carbload once a week.

You're misrepresenting the information. No, carbs, in and of themselves, won't make you fat, just like protein and fat, in and of themselves, won't make you fat. However, if you consume an overabundance of carbs(or protein or fat) to the point of excess, you will get fat. And since most people's diets consist of something like 60% carbs(maybe even more), it's somewhat reasonable to say that it's the carbs that are making them fat.

>You realzie those bottom 3 studies are extremely old

Not OP but what does the age of the studies have to do with anything? One was published in 1999, one in 1982, the last in 1996. The human body hasn't changed in the last few decades.

>There are just as many studies on that site showing that KETO is healthy and effective for weight loss*

*compared to an even more horrible diet

The more carbs you the more energy you have, so the more you want to do therefore burn more calories therefore your in more of a deficit. Since i have more carbs less fat I have felt way better

>The human body hasn't changed in the last few decades
No shit idiot but the methods and scrutiny of studies and knowledge has. Based on your logic i can cite a study done in 1700 that says eating mercury makes you live longer.
>compared to an even more horrible diet
Wrong again, they compared HFLC to LFHC and the HFLC group is always healthier and looses more weight.
Finally someone else with a brain.

I'm a type 1 diabetic and i've tried everything to keep my blood sugar in control. Keto is the only thing that has worked for me. my a1c was 9+ and now it is only slightly higher than a non diabetic. Not saying it is for everyone but it has changed my life.

Did you even read the sources my man? Even if you would overeat carbs you wouldnt get fat because of the carbs but of the fat that already was in your diet. Storing carbs as fat very rarely happens and it would be very minimal contribution to your total bodyfat

Heres a study where they overfeed women by giving them plain sugar
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/6/737.full
>Dietary fat intake during this period was 512 g, of which ≈233 g was oxidized, leaving all subjects with an average positive fat balance of 278 g (Table 4⇑), of which the de novo lipogenesis contribution was clearly a tiny proportion.
And voila, didnt get fatter due to the added sugar which led them into a surplus, but due the fat that they already ate

Its like asking why the chinks in asia are usually skinny, because they eat 90% carbs

It's not for everyone.

Low carb can mean low testosterone.

>No shit idiot but the methods and scrutiny of studies and knowledge has.

What's wrong with the methods and all that then? You can't just assume research done 17 years ago must be bad

>Wrong again, they compared HFLC to LFHC and the HFLC group is always healthier and looses more weight.

Low carb studies almost always use horrible strawman diets to compare to.

youtube.com/watch?v=l1-HQel1AGM

If you consume more calories than you burn, you will get fatter. That's about it.

>using some shilled half assed american corporation sponsored research to encourage people to eat sugar, carbs and HCFS

totally not suspicious at all.

I guess all bodybuilding competitors were just wrong all this time.

some pajeet who got paid to do a rigged study by mc goldstein wonder bread enterprises definitely convinced me!

>>. The only way to store the sugar as fat is to turn it into fatty acids first, and then store it as body fat. So this would mean that FAT is easier to store as bodyfat.

god, that is a cheap bait

every biology student knows that fat first needs to be broken down to simpler things, then again converted to fat if needed

>However, there are concerns that because highly refined carbohydrates constitute an increasing proportion of the diet, de novo lipogenesis may play a more significant role in the general increase of fat stores at a population level
Did you even read your own study? Guessing you just skimmed it like an idiot.
>Low carb can mean low testosterone
Wrong

>Low carb studies almost always use horrible strawman diets to compare to.
>always
So youve seen every study?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24075505

except that bodybuilders who are all the anabolics on the world still eat carbs you fuckhead, why do you think that they eat chicken breast and rice? chicken breast has no fat and so does rice

>there are concerns
nice reading comprehension

it means that people like you who think carbs make you fat made them do the study to see if its actually true

pro tip, also the conclusion of the study: it isnt true

I can pay a pajeet immigrant to make a study that 2x mcdonald meals a day increases your testosterone (under very specific and unrealistic conditions which ill ommit).

nobody gives a shit about your 30 year old outdated garbage.

Not an argument

ketofags on damage control

>pro tip, also the conclusion of the study: it isnt true
wrong

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18175736

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19368291

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21521539

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9216575

Carb fags on suicide watch

>There are a few limitations to the current study. First, our sample size was small and we had a high attrition rate, which limits our statistical power to do multiple comparisons. Our sample size calculation was based initially on FMD as the primary outcome. We estimated based on our previous work, that we would require 34 participants per group, powered at 80% (alpha=0.05) to detect a 20% change in FMD from baseline. We were only able to retain 15 subjects in the LFHC diet group and 18 participants in the HFLC group.
>we did not obtain follow-up data on subjects that dropped out of the study.
>This study was supported by a research grant from the Dr. Robert C. and Veronica Atkins Foundation

This video addresses those low carb studies

>posts studies on keto
that literally does NOT disprove my posts

ketofags on suicidewatch, cant even think properly ahahahah shouldve ate dem carbs nigga ahahaha your brain is glucose deprived lmao you cant even think right

>You can't just assume research done 17 years ago must be bad

Old papers are bad
Papers from shitty journals are bad
Papers by nobodies are bad
Rarely cited papers are bad

Majority of the remaining papers are bad

you literally do not need to consume any carbs. We have this thing called a liver.

They aren't bad unless you can explain why the data is no longer relevant

>ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/6/737.full

This says different:
>The increase in body weight, fat free mass and fat mass showed great variation, the mean increases being 1.5 kg, 0.6 kg and 0.9 kg respectively. No significant differences between the C- and F-group were observed.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11029975

Carbs aren't magically immune to CICO.

Also where in your study did they measure body fat % change?

He cant explain because his brain is so glucosedeprived which cant make him think properly

Besides that he is very likely to be a fat faggot since only fatass' do keto anyway

>durian rider please go again

This.

I like how he stops replying to people who prove him wrong then jump to another argument.

The lack of glucose is probably giving him brain fog.