Anyone of you guys have a home gym? if so is it worth it in your opinion?

Anyone of you guys have a home gym? if so is it worth it in your opinion?

Dat filename

Weights are weights

Yes
Yes

how are they so big? I thought these people dont eat thats why we keep donating???

roids

Yes. No.
But my home gym only consists of a pair of 20 kg dumbbells tho

testosterone is cheap as fuck
or they raided an AIDS clinic and stole the TRT vials

No. You cannot beat the atmosphere of a good gym and your equipment will probably be no where near as good.

yes its worth it, so comfy watching malick flicks while benching

for me yes cause the closest gyms to me are stupid expensive

and i dont have to worry about weights being in use

Yes
Yes
Otherwise I wouldn't have started lifting again. Too lazy to go to the nearest gym which is quite far. However I'm starting to gains out of it and my motivation is a lot better now so I might end up selling it and getting a gym card.

OP here. The only decent gym around me is only $20 a month, but only 2 squat racks which is normally inhabited by curlers, shitty benches where your entire back barely fits on it, and usually crowded with DYEL's when i get done work.

WHATEVER IT TAKES

the only downside I see is a cable machine. I'd love to do cable flys, but I'm too poor for that. Been considering a cheap Bowflex off Craigslist

Yes it's worth it. I use my home gym far more than I went to the gym - shower is right there afterwards and no driving back and forth.

shitpost between reps and play whatever music you want - pretty comfy especially when your just sitting at home doing fuck all and you see your weights looking at you like "do you even love me anymore senpai? am I just here for looks?" and you slam out a new PR :3

pic semi-related, not my setup but another anons

>tfw no home gym
i hate living in an apartment

Yes
Best investment I every made in myself

>a cheap gym membership is 50 a month
>total homegym cost was 1500
>paid for itself in 30 months
>usable for well over a decade

have you ever seen a bodybuilder get big with his own home gym?

What are some must things for a home gym?

In my opinion?
>Power Cage with security bars and pullup station
>Oly bar
>enough weights for your strenght, buy only when you're progressing and running out of weight.

And that's about it. Compound exercises will pretty much help you with every single needs with low maintenance, low cost equipment that doesn't hoard a lot of space.

>What are some must things for a home gym?

Must Haves
>power cage
>quality barbell (Ohio Power Bar, for example).
>adjustable bench
>horse stall mats
>plates (preferably 2-4 bumpers, the rest can be all metal)
>decent clips
>chalk

Nice to Haves
>dumbbells
>resistance bands
>dip attachment for rack, or standalone
>EZ curl bar
>deadlift jack

Fluff Stuff:
>most other stuff

Maybe $400 total for barbell, weights, something with safeties and rack (a little more if you want something rated above 500lbs for a rack, but I am just barely hitting 4pl8 squat).

A gym membership for me is $35/mo. plus ~$1.30 in gas per roundtrip (figure 12 trips/mo. And it is a $50.60 membership).

Add to this the time I soend in the car driving to the gym (~10-15min in either direction, so 240-360min/mo.)

A one-time cost of $400-500 vs. $600/yr plus 2-3 days of my life in a car per year?

It seems like a no-brainer given my current situation.

>workout naked
>have a beer or two while lifting
>watch whatever you want on tv
>ditto for music without dumb headphones
>decorate to your hearts desire (I stare at certain paintings that seem to engage me while I do certain lifts)

you need the space though if you want a really effective home gym. otherwise it feels cluttered and claustrophobic.

>A one-time cost of $400-500
Not to mention you can always sell it and get your money back

Yes / Yes

>tfw you can't scream, beat your chest, slap your ass, dance, or spit on the ground between sets
Can't wait until I get a home gym.

It's worth it. You can just lift at any time without having to travel. I only have a gym membership cuz I don't have the cash/space to get a power cage and a fucking pool.

Working out naked is fucking cash af in my home gym

that sounds so very nice
someday id lake to have more than just a single room to myself

Squat rack/power cage with weights and barbell
Pullup bar

That's it

I paid $700 AUD a year for my gym membership and had to drive for a 30 minute round trip to potentially wait for the rack to be free.

Now I get up, go to my $650 home gym (oly barbell, oly weights, rack, bench, few bits and pieces) that's 20 seconds from my bedroom. I can even chuck on a podcast on a laptop instead of listening to the mind numbing top 40 over and over and over and over.

Worth it, OP.

I forgot to mention this
I can sell this back for at least half of it's value or move it when and if I move.

Genes

underrated post
bonus no waiting to use equipment
no stranger's sweat and filth

Dumbbell flies have been shown to give a better peak contraction with lower weight anyway. You're not missing out on anything too significant.

I just managed to set up my own home gym and it's the best decision of my life.

Got power rack, barbell and bench off Craigslist for $300. 300 lbs Olympic weight set from Fitness Gear for $200 (weights are weights) and sold the barbell for $40.
EZ bar for $50. Some floor mats for $40 And one of those Dumbbells that you can add weights to from Amazon for $100.

For me the driving wasnt the problem (5 mins drive to gym, EZ parking) but the waiting for the fucking bench and squat rack. Now I can just work out whenever I want and take a shower right afterwards and don't have to carry around my fucking protein.

Plus naked gains man.

you'll never make it. People with homegyms don't take lifting seriously

The gains I'm about to make in my home gym at 2:18 AM are for you ;)

It's very worth it. Im on house arrest pending trial. so yes... very worth it.

This. I find it so hard to get motivated at home. I have decent equipment to do nearly all my regular exercises but I can't get pumped up for the life of me

Does anyone know a good rack/cage for low ceilings?

Apparently they don't sell sumo racks anymore