/cut/ - cutting general

Did you cheat this weekend? How IS that cut going user?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24814684
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10365981
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6755166?dopt=Abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839937?dopt=Abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

binged so badly I will spend the next week recovering. tempted to go on DNP to get this bullshit over with once and for all.

I don't cut because I'm not a fat fuck

Oh, well it's a cutting thread. Sorry for not making it clear enough.

What made you binge and what are you going to do about it? DNP ain't worth it, hard work is better in the long run.

I lost another ten pounds last week 205 to 195.
Didn't cheat but I'm having a hard time fitting 2 hours of exercise a day in between full time work and full time school.

Weekend went great for me. Survived a family cookout on Saturday and remained true to my meal plan, while eating awesome food. Sunday was interesting, dinner was 6 hours after lunch. I seem to be going longer and longer between meals. No cravings and no intense hunger.

I did alright for the week but had a slice of pizza yesterday.

Is it even cutting if I'm still at 2700/day? 1 lb/week over the past couple months, pretty consistently. Might mix in some lower calorie days on rest days.

I cut for about 4 weeks on 500-700 calories before I started realising my hair was falling out. Increased to just a normal diet but added much much more cardio (7 sessions a week instead of 2) so hopefully that balances it.

back on campus which makes it so easier to cut. unofficially started today, but on paper i start tomorrow.

i got big(fat too) and strong over summer, hit 1.5/3/4/5 1rm so the accidental bulk wasn't all bad..

12.5 weeks until thanksgiving... lets so how far i can push myself. hoping to look lean by then but i might be underestimating how fat i am.

lol my grammar is all fucked up

>Did you cheat this weekend?

No, but I'm currently around 200 calories short of surplus.

Feels good, man.

I am thinking of cheating next weekend though, but with some very careful planning.

Started a DNP cycle yesterday, keeping the calories low and feelin good on 400 mg planning to do this for another week n a half. Wish me luck.

Starting tomorrow. I noticed I'm gaining weight. Time to focus more on my diet now that I just graduated uni. Too much beer and alcohol :(

i binged today too bro. i did a dnp cycle last year, and i have a full bottle from dinitro i just bought. i've been trying to lose weight for 10 years. i need to get my fucking self to stop eating bullshit this week. i'm honestly just going to chug water for the rest of the month. i'm so tired of being fat.

whered you get it, dinitro? how low you keeping them? first time? i did a 500mg 25 day cycle before. i felt like utter shit.

>tfw finally got down to normal BMI range
>fly back home
> eat Carne asada and pizza with the family
I'm going to stop right now before I lose my progress, even if that means arguing with my parents

That's fucking nice bro, good job

Yes ate like 20 kettle jalapeno chips like 6 tostitos and like 10 fritos and a low carb monster

Seriously considering being an hero

I went up from 1500/1750 a day to 1800/2000 a day, as I'm doing 4 days lifting and e days running a week with 2 rest days, haven't gained or lost anything which isn't a major problem, I won't cut much longer, I'm at 160lbs now and I'm the lightest of all my friends that workout, gonna switch to 3x3 for my major compound lifts and 4x10/12 for everything else and try to get my numbers up.

Been going for 2 weeks, lost 2.5kg (5.5lb). Hoping to keep it at a similar rate for about 12 weeks.

This is my dinner, could be a lot worse senpai. 300g chicken breast, 100g chips, 50grams white rice (pre cooked weight). Sub 600 calories. Today I had:

>Instant coffee with Equal and full cream milk, 40 cals approx.
>2 apples, less than 100 calories.
>Banana, strawberry and mango smoothie, probably 150 cals but I like to round everything up higher so that i lose weight quicker.
>This dinner, so I'm on a bit less than 100, plus I worked for several hours on my feet today (waiter) and I trained. Not gonna count those calories burnt though.

Currently 67kgs, aiming to get down to around 63kgs and I should be about 9/10% body fat then. After bulking for a year I'm keen to finally see my abs and have more defined arms.

I hope I make it.

me 2 cutting to a lean skelly mode before bulking

>tfw I had a grand total of 1200 calories Friday, Sat, Sun

I'm gonna die

Doing ss on a cut(500-700 cals) to lose 25 lbs. Will do some hiit too. I don't care about stalling on weights I just want abs for once in life. Thoughts?

why SS? basic PPL every day will maximise muscle retention. 700 cal deficit is OK as long as you hit 100G+ protons. you can lose weight at this speed, just dont be a fuckwit about it

source: recovering fatty, recovering skelly, recovering fucking idiot noob lifter

I was doing great for 3 weeks staying under 1000 a day. It's a bit easy being in a foreign country feeling too inept to order food, just sticking to raw vegetables from the market and almond snacks most of the day.

I cheated this weekend though. I got some street meat and my stomach went it circles. Ate all kinds of different food to settle my stomach. Probably ruined over half a week in less than 48 hours.

>chips
>white rice
>banana

Nigga what the fuck are you doing? Hope that you make it, really, but not with those insulin spikes...

what app/website?
pls respond
>tfw no phone to track calories with

Like the simplicity of ss and sticky recommends.
What is ppl?

>eat 1400 calories per day
>Weekend comes along
>get drunk
>eat chipotle burrito, whole pizza, 2 milkshakes

Who else here /nevergonnamakeit/

>Tfw 3000 normal tdee
>Tfw took 800mg dnp
>tfw ate 1500 cals instead of 1000 yesterday

I have brought dishonor on my ancestors, what a fucking bitch I was.

>Angry 16 year old detected

Day 2 of 50 of T3.
I'm not too worried about muscle, I need to get smaller. I have hypertension and weighing 215 at 5'7" isn't good for my heart in the long term, according to my doctor. (Hypertension, blood pressure issues, heart disease on all sides of family) Plus, I want to be lighter for martial arts. About to go run.
T3 is way nicer feeling than DNP , btw

Started in mid-july, went from 79 to 76.3 kg.

Last time I tried to cut I crashed because I was afraid of carbs and just stuffed myself with meat.
A word of advice: rice, lentils and other low GI carbs give you energy for activities and help you feel fuller for longer. Contrary to popular belief, carbs arent literally Hitler, just try to get 1.8g of protein per kg of bodyweight and a reasonable deficit (no more than 500kcal or you'll end up binging every third day)

I ate 2lbs of baklava yesterday

>have been sick for 2 weeks now
>cheetday everyday
Fucking kill me

>tfw from an Arabic family and have a fuckload of baklava and sweets at home
how am I supposed to do it?

I cheat a bit every weekend, cutting or bulking

>How IS that cut going user?

Pic related.

dont eat it?

Every fucking time.

bro just stay at 1500... even 2000 if you need to. the dnp will accelerate your cut fast af on a 1000 cal deficit, you don't need to starve yourself.

Starting the cut again after a week of doing whatever I wanted aka dreamers bulk

I'm up 7 kg in 7 days lads I don't know how skeletons do it.

Also gonna do DNP after a couple months right before vacation to get super lean. Hoping to go from 70kg down to 60 before vacation without losing any strength, which may just be possible cause I think the first few kg may be food in my intestines.

Yes I did, and I wasted another week of discipline in just 24h.

myfitnesspal

>be college student inna cut
>Going pretty well for the first week back
>Bro's gf has leftover mac n cheese, free food why not?
>Go to her room to pick it up, offers me free muffins and danishes
>3 muffins and 3 danishes later, realize my error
>Still take mac home

I'm never going to make it.

>roommate brings home a bunch of weed
>smoke 2 bowls (been clean for over a year)
>other roommate is a fattie with endless junk food supplies
>proceed to eat 30 cheeseburger rolls, 4 cookies, a bag of chips, and soda
I fucked up bad, but I can recover this week if I focus.

anyone else find it way easier to cut when at school/college vs at home?

i think the trick is to stay as busy as possible.

when you have shit to get done, you aren't worried about food unless you're TRULY hungry... even then, when you're really focused hunger goes away.

Anyone ever cut successfully by forcing your self to not eat much but counting calories. I pretty much just try and eat a lot of protein. I get bad hunger pains all through the day though.

So you decided to join a cutting thread?

>lift 3x a week
>bjj/muay thai 3-4x a week
>~1800 cals a day

I think I need to eat a little more. I can make it close to a week before I end up binging cause I'm so fucking hungry.
Feels bad, man.

Finished my first month of cutting. Each week was a 4 k deficit or a little more. No cheat days , feelsgoodman. Eating about 1600-1800 a day. Down 7 lbs.

how do i get into IF? i get really bad hunger cramps if i dont eat

No worries brah. You shitted/will shit most of that. Waaaay too many sudden cals.

You can start skipping a meal for the first two weeks so you can get used to not eating.
After that you can move to 16/8 and after a while 18/6.
If you want you can do one meal a day if you are fine with the previous.

I have corrected my craving issues doing one meal a day. Your body gets used to not eat pretty well.

I don't understand how you guys binge on chips and soda. If I overeat it's on an actual meal because I'm hungry as fuck

happened to me last week brah, it's gonna be OK keep going

Good! Down 10kg in 3 weeks, currently 120kg. Goal weight is 95kg.

You do DNP don't you?

Was going great, work midnights. Decided to fast Saturday night into Sunday then Sunday after morning 6mile run to eat one huge meal. Get halfway through home made Fries and morning star farm chicken and can't eat anymore. Decide to eat some dates for carbs before workout, end up throwing up. Think it's from just eating to much at once. Eat some fruit about half hour later, get dressed to go to gym, taste steel fuck.jpeg throw up. End up eating saltine crackers and gingeral rest of the day about 1000 cal from that. No idea how many calories I eat and stayed down tho. Slept for 12 hours woke up at 4:30 am today and started the day with a 4 mile run, just finishing up deads, had to do squat and bench also today for missing yeasterday.

Nope, scared of DNP. My diet is like this:

Breakfast: Hotdog, with cheese and sauce.
Dinner: 300g meat with gravy and boiled peas.

Done, no more food for the day. And lifting hard.

I wish I could loose weight that easy, either I higly underestimate what I eat or I have a shit metabolism.

I gain and lose weight easy as fuck. One year I'm ripped, the next I'm anorexic, the next I'm obese. I'm going to not fuck up this time, and remain ripped.

I was also eating like 4000 calories a day before I decided to cut, so that could be why my metabolism is so ramped up.

I dont cut

not eating is very easy. but the result is even lower energy than I already have which fucks up my life. and I also fear that cutting will mess with my long term progression. I wanna get as strong and big as possible natty. but I definitely would look better if I cut

reminder that carbs dont make you fat so dont cut out the carbs but the fat instead

I ended up mashing together 2 bananas, some rice milk, and some of the whole foods version of cinnamon toast crunch with an egg beater to see if I could make a healthy pudding-type deal to satisfy sweet cravings after already eating breakfast. not the worst thing to fuck up on, but tryna stay slim for a tinder date wednesday night. gotta stay strong.

I did not, thanks for asking.

Yesterday I cheated hard. Banana for breakfast, one pouch of peanut M&M's, deep fried catfish sandwich with french fries, half a bowl of penne ala vodka, 4 slices of a large spinach and cheese pizza, two chips ahoy brownie cookies, and some chocolate pudding.

Weigh 3lbs heavier today, but I'm sure a lot of that is poop and water retention.

QTDDTOT isn't answering
Fatty doing a cut
I was thinking of changing my 1/2 cup oats (reduced fat milk) to a protein shake with berries/banana mixed in
Y/N? Can give more details on diet t if need be

>banana
>penne
these two arent cheatmeals

But let me guess, you cut back on the sweet stuff? Thats what you get if you cut out carbs, you binge eat

eat both

cut back on your fat intake. Make sure you eat a lot of sweet fruit so you dont binge eat like some anons in this thread

You naturally want sweet things, thats normal so keep eating those but dont eat things like donuts, chocolate because those are 50% fat

I'm a skinnyfat manlet trying to put muscle on.
5'6, 135lbs.
I've a bit of a pot belly. Not massive, but it's noticeable when I sit and after a big meal.
Presently, the only thing I am interested in is getting enough protein. A lot of this is coming through shakes and lean meats like chicken breast and steaks. I'm not cutting carbs at all really, though the only carbs I get are from bread - I rarely eat potatoes or pasta.

Should skinnyfat manlets like me continue on this protein above all course?

I ate a whole box of frosted sugar cookies, a medium portion of boneless at buffolo wild wings, and sushi.

Could have been worse.

Good thing I love mandarins then
I'll admit I sometimes cave and get myself a bottle of pic related so it might help keep me from caving

eat more carbs, eating more protein than you need provides no benefits

and with carbs I mean clean carbs, not donuts, chocolate etc. But rice, pasta, potatoes, fruits, etc

reminder to all you cutting fags to eat high carb on a cut and to cut back on the fat

benefits of high carb
>no cravings
>no binge eating junkfood
>feel energized 24/7
>energized during workout>can workout harder>preserve more gains and burn more fat
>mood is always great
>literally cant make you fatter as opposed to eating fat

source for any ketofags:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24814684
>De novo lipogenesis (DNL) is a complex and highly regulated metabolic pathway. In normal conditions DNL converts excess carbohydrate into fatty acids that are then esterified to storage triacylglycerols (TGs). These TGs could later provide energy via β-oxidation. In human body this pathway is primarily active in liver and adipose tissue. However, it is considered to be a minor contributor to the serum lipid homeostasis

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10365981
>It is concluded that DNL is not the pathway of first resort for added dietary CHO, in humans

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6755166?dopt=Abstract
>These findings challenge the common perception that conversion of CHO to fat is an important pathway for the retention of dietary energy and for the accumulation of body fat

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839937?dopt=Abstract
>We close by speculating on potential functions of DNL in physiology and pathophysiology if storage of surplus carbohydrate energy is not an important function of DNL

Is spag bol a good way to go? I love making it.
I get plenty of fruit in, didn't mention that.

But of course I forget to attach the image

Yeah, badly. Sunday was one of those days you never feel full.
Tried tons of veggies but it wasn't cutting it. Had a bowl of cereal, some brauts, can of beans, and some peanut butter. It was pretty bad.

thats high in fat but if thats your main fat source its ok

>18,6g fat
man you fucked up dirnking this milkshake im guessing

drink a soda pop next time instead

For the record it's a bottle of iced coffee
I'll remember what you said for when I go to get another

>40 year old studies paid for by the grain companies and their "low fat diet" jewery

enjoy looking like javon genova.

>le old studies dont mean anything man
ahahahhahah I buttblasted you yesterday you fatass ketofag

shoo shoo now

I didn't cut out carbs? Or sweet stuff? I started my day with a banana then had cheat meals after. I usually start my day with a banana.

Penne is not bad-- but the ala vodka sauce is tomato puree, vodka, and heavy cream, loaded with sodium and topped with more cheese.

>I don't know how basic nutrition works
Kek

Was 193lbs about a month ago. Went travelling for four weeks and am now down to 180. Lost a bit of muscle for sure but I feel a hell of a lot leaner. Face looks better and I can run for longer too

>40 year old pajeet shit with no real proof other than "we said so"

Guess every olympian, model, bikini contender, etc were cutting all wrong.

Pajeet, you truly hold the world's knowledge, despite your 25% bodyfat with your naan and basmati diet.

>telling user to cut back on fat without even knowing his fat intake
???

hmmm thats must be why bodybuilders eat lean chicken and rice right, hmmm what do these 2 foods have in common, low carb oh wait no the;re both LOW FAT

ketofag you already got btfo no need to pretend and make stuff up

I know him personally

Just because a bodybuilder eats high carb doesn't mean he eats low fat. All of his macros will be high because eat eats A LOT OF CALORIES.

The problem is these DYEL need 1500 cals to cut. You need fat to maintain body functions. What are you supposed to do, just cut out all fat so you can get in your precious carbs?

Fuck off with the carb bull shit. Protein and Fat first, fill in rest with whatever you want.

I already lost 20kg and now at 12% bodyfat mesured with calipers. my goal was to go down to 8-9% but recently I'm stalling. I still count fairly accurately the 1500kcal i'm allowed to eat. Does anyone have an explication? Is it possible that 1500 is to much for a 5'10 male?

a bodybuilder tries to eat low fat, low fat does not equal 0 fat

most people here already eat way too much fat, so instead of cutting the carbs to meet a deficit its better to cut the excess fat that the're already eating

Carbs give you energy and cutting these out will make your workouts go to shit and this will not preserve your gains. Besides that carbs literally almost never get stored as fat even in excess so you dont even need to worry about this in the first place

>carbs literally almost never get stored as fat even in excess so you dont even need to worry about this in the first place

Jesus christ that is dumb. Let us all know how all those carbs work out for you

>I deny scientific research because I know it myself that it isnt true
the earth is flat too right

I ate 4k calories of it on Saturday bro

Need more info, but probably a case of DYEL. Cutting under 10% bf with no muscle mass is hard and probably not worth the effort.

I do lift but I started at the begining of my cut, so yes my lifts are shit. what other info would help?
I do SS 2/3 times a week with light cardio on off days (started recently)

holy fucking dildos how have I only just discovered the magic that is fage 0%?

Literally 57kcal per 100g, 10g of protein, no carbs or sugar.

Adding 2tsp of sugar to a bowl of 250g makes it feel like a cheat meal but its like 150kcal and really filling.

This stuff is fucking awesome.