I hope you didn't get memed by the 'strength base' meme

I hope you didn't get memed by the 'strength base' meme

Fuck off and stop spreading your shitty advice, fag

Jonnie only looks the way he does here because of his insertions and his body fat percentage when this was taken.

Except there's like handful of guys who actually get a good body with strength training and thousands of almost deformed retards.Strength base is the worst meme. Don't agree with me ? Post your physique or don't reply

>falling for the twink meme instead

Why don't you post your physique if you claim your way is superior?

>he thinks he can become big and/or aesthetic benching 1pl8 3x10

nice bait

You DO NOT NEED a strength base.
But it is nicer to have for the gaming/progression sense, but obviously if you just wanna look good, training for hypertrophy will also let you gain strength.

yeah it's a really bad meme
but the worst meme is the "you can't get strong on a routine with enough volume and exercise variation to build an aesthetic physique" meme

PIC NOT RELATED A BODY MADE WITH ZERO STRENGTH BASE. GUESS WHAT PEOPLE PREFER, WHAT PEOPLE LIKE, WHAT GIRLS CRAVE

the only difference is that he didn't trained his traps which is basically 101 classic aesthetics

>Lifting for girls

PEOPLE HERE GIVE ADVICE TO NOOBS TO WANT TO LOOK LIKE A SWIMMER TO DO FUCKING STRENGTH TRAINING AND ARE 100% CONVINCED IT'S THE WAY THE GO
HAHAHA POOR FUCKERS, FAT LEGGED MONSTROSITIES

LOOK AT THAT STRENGTH BASE, LOOK ! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE HIS LEGS AREN'T FAT AND HORRID, LOOK THIS ISN'T POSSIBLE, THIS IS A FAKE PICTURE, PHOTOSHOP!

>I have never participated in a competitive sport in my life

These swimmers look like they do because they swam since they were in kindergarten, not because they lift weights.

t. Former swimmer

who the fuck lifts for women? you mean the dudes that stop lifting after 3-12 months because their gym time sucks?

I lifted starting with SS and I still look aesthetic yet I can still pull 2/3/4/5 after 2.5 years

He looks pretty good desu pretty strong looking hope I start looking like that eventually

That's the point you retarded fuck
>who the fuck lifts for women?
Millions of men from all around the world. If you believe most men lift to be le strong you are deluded and should get friends or at least visit websites other than Veeky Forums

Pic related is what lifting for strength + bulking will do.

If you want aesthetics, do a bro-split and keep your calorie intake low.

Look at all that strength! In about 2 years he'll finally be ready to work on those aesthetics!
All this swimmer pictures are obviously just fake, you literally can not look like that without a strenght base

desu he would look good if he cut.

but yeah i hear you. im starting with a 4 day upper/lower split. full body 3 times a week is boring as shit, and a meme.

Looks pretty weak desu. Decent chest, arms and delts.

I'd rather actually be strong than be a pathetic "aesthetic" twink. Just because you're insecure about your exercise routine doesn't mean you have to lash out at everyone else.

*tips fedora*

Looks like you are the insecure one.

How the fuck did you get that picture of me.

He looks good, strong, a real man.
Fucking twinks do they even lift ? Lmao at those legs ! I could take their girls any day but I don't want to!

muscle makes you sink. i was watching hard knocks once and one of the densest mofos ive ever seen jumped in the pool and just sank. literally couldn't swim because he had too much muscle and not enough fat

Considering that 99% of newfags on this board just want to look like a ottermode 160 lbs DYEL I'm comfortable doing what I do.

I lift so that I can help my old man when we hike and landscape.

If you think being aesthetic is more important than that you're the definition of degeneracy.

lmao

>the definition of degeneracy.
Oh wait you are a /pol/ tard ? oh man pfffthahahahah

no strength base here

Gear users don't count. They all look almost the same anyways with the exception of fat powerlifters and people with god awful genetics

If that guy cut 3 months he'd look like a fucking model

Stfu DYEL I can even see his muscle mass under that fat layer. He's like 20% at most and that's easy to cut down

There are literally hundreds of thousands of bro-splitter chads out there who are 1/100th times his strength that look like that.

How come so many strong dude have their hands in that position?
Like they're so strong they can't completely open it or something.

do you walk around with your hand open?

No, a little more open than those guys,
Kinda like if i was holding a compuuter mouse.

hahahaha

What part of it is a meme exactly? Are you saying you don't need to build strength to build a reasonable physique as an untrained individual? Are you saying a 1plate bench 5x10 will yield better results then 2plate bench 5x5?

Well in terms of pure volume, 5 x10 at 1 plate is more than 5x5 at 2 plate. Most studies have found that overall volume is the the main contributer to hyper trophy.

Not that I care, I just want to lift heavy shit.

What the fuck are you talking about retard. The reason that guy looks like that is because he keeps chasing strength gains well past the point of being strong as is his prerogative.

May as well ditch the gym membership and just do 5x50 push ups, its all volume anyway right?

>Not liking /pol/

Top kek m8. Good way to identify numales tho.

>Most studies have found that overall volume is the the main contributer to hyper trophy.
I don't even believe this shit anymore. I think it's the same mass gains no matter what. It's physiologically impossible to get stronger without building muscle or to build muscle without getting stronger

You can indeed get very strong just through body-weight exercises.

Why is it mutually exclusive anyways?

You need to get strength to do heavier weights for more reps, so you have to change between the two no?

I did a 5 day a week PPL routine that worked great at balancing strength and hypertrophy, but even if you switch between focusing on strength and then on volume it'd be better than sticking to just one.

If only there was a way to train for strength and hypertrophy...
shame

Also beginners aren't going to look aesthetic (usually) in 6 months whatever routine they do. Might as well get strong in that time then add in some hypertrophy stuff.

Volume is the main factor for muscle growth but you still need intensity to build strength. Just did 6x 3 at 100kg then 4x6 at 80kg for bench to get intensity and volume.

>It's physiologically impossible to get stronger without building muscle or to build muscle without getting stronger
If that were true, all the Mr. Olympia contestants would be the best powerlifters as well.

To be fair, most of the strongman make the top body builders look like twinks.

Big ronnie started out as a powerlifter.

only because they are a foot taller. Bodybuilders have a much higher FFMI than strongmen

cringed

>all the Mr. Olympia contestants would be the best powerlifters as well
to be fair, I doubt they try to compete when bodybuilding earns more money and fame than any powerlifting contest.

I mean, even the no name swimsuit type guys can easily swing lifetime careers as trainers and models and get sponsorships for all kind of shit.

So many fags in this thread.

mad that none of them will be your husbando

OK, let's be serious here: I am a skinnyfat asshole. If I start doing a good PPL 6 days a week will I do mad aesthetic gains? Even without the strength base? I would do a compound at the beginning of every workout

tight wrist wraps will slightly close your hands, try it.

I actually did.

Compounds make you look like OP's pic.

Avoid them at all costs if you want aesthetics

you will get great noob gains no matter what you are doing if you are untrained as long as you are lifting something moderately heavy enough to make you fail within 15 reps

Idk.

I didn't start SS because I found out about it on a Mongolian carp spearing board, but because all the huge guys at my University's gym recommended it.

I did SS for 6 months, got a little higher than 1/2/3/4 excluding bench, where I stalled a bit. Then after that, I added a bunch of accessories that I did 3x12 while continuing to do the main lifts 3x8. My body isn't anything special due to shit diet, poor sleep, and skipping a lot of days, but I'm aiight for lifting under a year.

well, 5x5 at two plate is not mathematically double what 5x5 at 1 plate is... did you realize that when you posted? there's a 45 pound difference for every rep hidden in there...

true. Olympic gymnasts still lift heavy weights and do heave conditioning though.

nice pic though lol

Of course youre going to look like shit gaining weight on a caloric surplus if you over do it. *Honestly a 2month cut with low-ish fats and mid carb and mid protein intake and he'll look good.

*Assuming he trained heavy and did ab work + cardio during his bulk.

Usually people who look like shit after a strength program either over bulked or weren't consistent enough with their training and still ate at a caloric surplus.

PPL is too much for a novice. If you want aesthetics right now go for greyskulls LP; if you want to be strong and aesthetic later do SS or SL with cardio and accessories.

Says the dude literally posting 'top kek xD'
Just leave bro, go back to /pol/ and /a/ or whatever
>TOP KEK DEUS VULT XD NUMALES KILL NIGGERS BTW MAGA MAGA TOP KEK t. NUMALE HAHA KEK ! PRAISE KEK !

/pol/ is taking over Veeky Forums. If you don't like it, you can move to Reddit.

When the fuck is that Faggot gonna upload another video

Good thing global rule 3 exists and shitposters from /pol/ can be purged and quality discussion will eventually exist again

fuck the bodybuilding meme