Should we buy Ethereum?

Dear ETH holders/bulls, please provide your most convincing arguments for buying this coin over BTC or LTC.

My greatest concern is that despite a valuation in the tens of billions ethereum does not seem to have any useable smart contracts besides the one or creating tokens. Are there any other smart contracts running on ethereum that I can use/see in action?

AXA recently created an insurance contract which automatically pays out when your flight is delayed. I cba to source it, try Google. What makes Bitcoin better as a transaction method considering Ethereum_featured_on_wsj_markets_today can do the same shit but at like 2x 3x the transaction speed

>inb4 btc scaling nonsense and FUD

How about you look at the roadmap for ethereum and watch devcon3 in november? Maybe research more about the projects you are investing in before you come to Veeky Forums to hear shills shill their own bags.

I think the general consensus is split here .

A) It isn't booming because people moved all of their money to BTC for now, and should boom after BTC forks are done and after ETH announcements and conferences are done early November.

B) Its a shitcoin and will continue to stagnate

My opinion? well I'm holding a shit ton of it so I'm biased, but if its not A then I will never forgive ETH, my first true love.

Because it's going down

Buy low sell high

>pajeet here
>i have 12 ethers
>pls buy ether sir, you will notbe dispaonted
>thanky ou very much sir,

block reward 5-->3

very simple. all the developement and developers behind ethereum and the projects on ethereum. if u want to invest. invest where all the tech development is. ethereum is where all the devs are at right now. thats why im in eth and the eth projects i like

but the block time will be half of the current time, so the eth mined in the same amount of time of a single current block will be 6

I got 1.3 bitcoins but I wanna turn it to ETH for a November ICO...

Just choosing the right entry point...
Maybe 0.05

web3 is a trash can in terms of code quality

> smart contracts platform
> born in 2014 yet doesn't have smart contracts to show for it by 2017
What did meme skelly mean by this?

thanks
just market sold 100K

>inb4 the best thing ETH has going for it
I'll answer your question by copy pasting from this forum.

>I just transferred .035 btc (~$190), it took 5 hours and I replaced the fee twice to try and get that stupid shit to confirm.
>The fee ended up costing me $4.12, bitcoin is the biggest pile of fucking shit I have ever used, I sold it obviously.

Retarded. A bank would cost five times as much. May as well invest in digibyte by that logic

> Wahhh my transfer wasn't as cheap as I would have liked
> Spend $300 on a premixed coin which is literally just fuel for smart contracts (which at the moment is just used by conmen to fleece """"investors"""") and thus is literally fuel for a speculative system which is itself speculating on actually good projects emerging (which they haven't).
Bagholders, top fucking kek. Vitalik even hinted that he thought Eth was overvalued. What ratio will you finally snap and acknowledge that the bag holders on r/ethtrader are 20 year olds who bought Eth in May and who don't understand btc?

Everything Ethereum does is on smart contracts....fucking Etherdelta itself is just a smart contract, as is every ERC20 coin.
I have personally written smart contracts even. What the fuck are you talking about?

BTC is faster and cheaper than bank wires.
The Bank Wires market is not worth $91 billion.

Retail adoption is required to propel market cap to $1 trillion
Retail adoption means beating banks who charge 2% & can confirm in 10 seconds.
BTC costs $2- $10 and 10 minutes to 12 hours to confirm

I'm fully aware I could be wrong. There are too many unknowns with how LN will pan out, and how quickly it comes out. Both are WAY MORE IMPORTANT than the market currently realizes.
90% of Bitcoin HODLers don't even know what the lightning network is.

We are in a time of mounting regulation and quickly changing circumstances. The coin that is going to make it isn't what is the best coin now. The coin that is going to make it is the most malleable coin. The coin with the greatest development community. Btc fractures, it's governed by warring factions. ETHs development community is the biggest, smartest, and by far the most aggressive of any coins.

rent and loan payments use ACH even for medium-large businesses