Is it possible to deadlift 500 lb or more and still have shit forearms?

Is it possible to deadlift 500 lb or more and still have shit forearms?

Yes

Yes, if you only use straps for example. Use double overhand or hook grip.

no. you'll need some solid grip and forearm strength for anything past 3 pl8

Wrong, I diddlylift 210 kg without straps and my forearms are skinny as fuck.

i can one hand diddly 100kg easily. Shit forearms too.

My forearms grew quite a bit ever since I started doing straight bar barbell curls. I always thought curls were a shitty meme, but they really helped me develop size and strength in my forearms.

Fuck you, Veeky Forums, for making me think that curls are a bullshit meme.

Sure. I can do 450 x 5 and I have shit forearms.

What weight did you use?

35kg 3x8 with no cheating at all. Sometimes I put my back against the wall to minimize the risk of cheating.

PULLUPS
CHINUPS

seriously, they'll train pretty much everything except legs (even then, toss in leg raises at the end of a pullup). they should be considered as important as compounds

Only if you are natty.

Source: 250 kg natty dlifter here. Such are the ways of the testes.

That's because they are compounds

I'm pic 2 and I deadlift 200kg. How fucked am I?

>pull ups train everything except legs
>leg raises train legs

Can u r8 my routine for me?

PPLPPLx

P:
Pull ups 1xF

P:
Pull ups 1xF

L:
Tossed in Leg Raises 1xF

I eat three preoteins every day too but only before 7pm otherwise my metabolism will become bad

Technically he's right, chins train pretty much everything above the waist. Of course most of the muscles just act as stabilizers and doing just one exercise will result in a shit body.

But chins are pretty much the sixth main lift. With rows/cleans as fifth.

>Bench/OHP
>Rows or Cleans/Pull-up or Chins
>Squats/Deads
Everything you really need for a strong and balanced body.

This meme is freshly baked...and i love it!

Rippetoe was right all along.

atlastitrulysee.jpg

Chins and pull ups barely train the rear delts and don't touch the lower back and barely touch the traps. Rows are objectively better for everything except hitting lats.

But sure, let's just pretend curls train triceps and chin ups train chest because we don't understand the difference between antagonists and stabilizers.

>Rows are objectively better for everything except hitting lats.
>That's why I said rows or cleans are the fifth most important compound.

>don't touch the lower back and barely touch the traps
When doing chin from a dead hang and touching the bar at upper chest you definitely gets traps and erector working. Also you don't seem to consider the negative work done.

Again, not saying chins are the be all end all - but a vertical push and pull, horizontal push and pull and a floor push and pull are pretty much everything you need for a complete regimen. Those six exercises cover that. Not that triceps kickbacks or leg curls don't have their place occasionally - but if you're not doing those six you're missing out a lot.

He may be wrong on most aspects of nutrition, but exercise wise - yep, the man is just spouting what everyone has known for decades. There is no ambivalence there.

I double overhanded 350 easy one day while messing around, and my forearms still look tiny when I let my arms naturally hang.

is this purely genetic, or am I missing out on forearm mass by only training deadlift grip?

if it's double overhand, probably not.

at worst they'll be developed but not huge

I have a similar problem.
>Look in mirror - decent forearms.
>Look down at them - why do I have a ten year olds forearms?
Maybe it's just perspective, or maybe it's because I have 8inch wrists that screw up the proportions.