The same fag that uses the assisted pull up uses the smith machine

>The same fag that uses the assisted pull up uses the smith machine

Veeky Forums, are these people just self conscious about being observed using low weight on regular equipment?

What is the actual purpose of these machines?

probably if you can't do pull-ups you use this one until you do you humongous faggot

I mean it's great if these people are working out, however I see these tough acting guys that do 2pl8 bench on a smith and like 30+ pull ups on the assisted pull up. I just don't quite understand it.

The assisted pullup I can see being used to develop the strength to do a few unassisted ones if you literally cant do pullups.

I see them as a shortcut for pussies, pullups may be hard at the beginning but if you're consistent you reap huge rewards in form of strength and hypertrophy.

These people think they're actually doing something when they're not at all.

I M B A L A N C E
M
B
A
L
A
N
C
E

And if, when you start, you cant do a single pullup or chin-up? Be reasonable brah.

I'm at 268 right now (down about 10 pounds in 4 weeks) and I have a hard time even doing negatives. Are there negative effects of using the Gravitron as an accessory to SL5x5 until I can unload enough fat to use the real bars?

Assisted pull up machine is completely fine if you cant do pull ups. You're a faggot OP.

That said fuck smith machines.

Its all good m8. Dont listen to fags like OP. If you need to use machines/assistance to get strong enough for pull ups so be it.

then do lat pulldowns? Or just negatives?

Anyone who uses this either needs to be old as fuck or fat as fuck. No other excuse.

Should I start doing dips with weight assistance or nah? Never done them before

I'd much rather see people doing an easier variation instead of using a machine for a bodyweight move.

Don't even think about it.

I weigh 96kg with a 185kg HBBS and a 135 C&J.

I'm not a twink mode 60kg faggot so I'd never get 5x5 pullups without assistance.

KYS OP

>Such lifts
>Can't manage his own bodyweight

What's the point of being strong or having a huge back if you can't get a single rep in such a basic exercise? Even in the Army they ask for them.

Ooohh. I feel dumb for not thinking of this earlier. Thanks

I'd rather see someone do 5x5 assisted with proper form over fags kipping weighted 1/4 rom "pullups"

Same guys that load 3pl8 and do box squats 6 inches above parallel.

If you needed assistance to do a lift correctly then so be it. Strength will cover eventually but shit form can ruin you for a long time.

I-I squat in the smith machine

>tfw in a cardio/dyel-oriented gym with no squat rack

Nigga I'm 200cm and 118kg I can't do a normal pull-up.
Smith machines are for fags though, but I don't understand the comparison.

>don't do a compound, use a machine

Whats an easier variation to a pull up?

Yeah just be sure to use as little weight as you need to get the boost.

Do you pee sitting down also?

They're both machines

You know what I meant.

I use the smith machine, but only for shrugs.

Why does the movement even matter? They're both compound movements that work the lats/biceps. Who gives a fuck? Stop being so fuckin autistic

Why not barbell or dumbbell shrugs?

I only want to be working my traps. I don't want to be having to use any other muscle to help besides my forearms for holding the bar, and even then I'm probably gonna get wrist straps.

I don't get why these fags just use the assisted pull up machine.
Hold onto the fucking bar, struggle until you cant anymore, do that until your hands hurt and you cant even grip the bar
THEN WHEN YOURE ALREADY WORN OUT, use the assisted pull up machine.

>what are negatives

Did you start lifting in prison, Jamal?
Why would anyone ever do that?

True, who wants to excersize stabilizers?

Basically doing drops sets m8.

>Implying you should be hitting you stabilizers every workout on every exercise

Stabilizer muscles need rest too you inbred

I've never used assisted pull up machines. I just did lat pulldown, barbell curls and overhead press until I was strong enough to do chin-ups, then I moved onto pullups.

>implying your stabilizers dont rest on your programmed rest days

I workout 6 days a week. And that's like saying just go fullbody every workout and every exercise because all your muscles will rest on your rest days so it's fine.

Stabilizer muscles aren't some magic muscle that can take a beating every single workout and still recover properly

Compound exercises and machines are in no way self excluding so no, I don't

You're using every single one of your stabilizers every single workout?

Yeah,you're right, machines aren't known for extremely limiting your movements for most excersises.
Way to meme, dipshit.

>implying you're working your abs on a lat pulldown
You just don't seem to know your shit.

That doesn't make them self excluding Lat pulldowns are one example of a compound exercise done on a machine.

>What is doing both the eccentric and the concentric