Caffeine 420mg

hey guys i'm about to take 420mg of caffeine before my cardio training but i'm a little scared, should i take less or is it safe?

You'll most likely be fine.
If you never have caffeine then maybe take half first.

I take 400mg caffeine before plenty of workouts.

ACSM talks about 3-9 mg/kg, so it won't kill ya. If you don't normally take caffeine before your workouts, I'd advise starting with 200mg and gradually titrating up as necessary.

yeah i think i'll start taking 200mg so i can feel how it affects me. I'm a pussy, i know it.

>I'm a pussy, i know it.
You might very well be, but not for starting with a low dose of caffeine, that's just good sense. Can't train if you're crapping your guts out.

>3-9
nah, im fat as fuck.. i weight like 115kg right now, so i guess i'll be fine.

420mg is the exact correct dosage for a reason. No more, no less.

15 years from now when your doctor tells you that you have developed left ventricular hypertrophy and your heart is fucked, just remember a guy on Veeky Forums told you this was a stupid idea

i take 500mg caffeine first thing in the morning, ive been *mostly* fine.

citation needed

unless you meant to attribute the LVH to cardio, in which case 10/10

Yes, and this is why all endurance athletes will die of heart attacks.... fucking idiot.

I've taken over a gram of caffeine before

I was hallucinating but I'm alive

Don't be a pussy

>yfw my cardiologist said daily caffeine in the 400-800mg range is fine.

>hallucinating from caffeine
How so?
Consumed over 2.8g of caffeine in two hours when I was in middle school, just felt like my heart was working overtime, and I was overall very energetic.

I take 200mg about every 4 hours for study and working out. Stopped drinking coffee every morning though because it just bumps your tolerance up and I've got enough energy until around mid-day anyway.

how did a middle schooler find 2.8g of caffeine

I used to do fasted cardio on the treadmill after snorting .5g of adderall while drinking a 24 oz monster

Did this every other day for 3 months

You'll be fine

U think that's hardcoar? I used to do 3 lines of coke (Bolivian, uncut, phat) followed by two dexxies (plugged) and a triple-strength Polish energy drink (now banned in the US).

12 pack of monster energy drinks= 2160mg/2.16g
3 rockstar recover drink = 480mg/ 2.64g
2 of those super sized nascar redbull cans=??
Can't find it online, and I'm too lazy to do the math.

The staff at braums were concerned, but they didn't do anything but warn us when a friend and I were chugging them down.
We'd come there pretty often and down 4-12 energy drinks+ in a sitting, never more than 12 save for this one time though.

How did you stand the taste?

the dude you're responding too probably meant pure, undiluted caffiene that he could take all at once rather than the amount of time you'd have to take to drink all that shit

If you take that much caffeine all in one big megadose it can make you hallucinate, but not in a good way

I've always thought they taste great.
I can see that, I guess.

Redbull tastes like chewing gum with no flavor left.

I admit I like the taste of Nos. Gave me horrible insomnia though.

I knew a guy who drank 3 or 4 energy drinks every day and started shitting blood because of it. Was pretty funny.

That's fuck all, I was a 1g for over a year and im fine

It tastes like a vaguely flowery sweet tart to me, if I had to compare it to something.
Unless that person had a very unusual condition, caffeine and B vitamins were not the cause.

Stop being a walking meme.

don't take it unless you're ready to give up your natty card forever.

i take about 1.5grams + DMAA

you're fine