Alan Thrall

Is this guy legit?

>alan thrall

my favorite fitness channel tb,h

It seems like it talks sense, or am I just being tricked?

Pretty equal split between memey nonsense and spot on advice.

He's way too fond of stupid stretches for my liking and there's really no good reason to ever do lunges unless you're a metropolitan trophy wife.

>Too much emphasis on stretching. Rippletits approach works much better for me ie. do the fucking movement and it will sort itself out.
>If you have fucked up something or have terrible posture then some of his vids are gold.
>Cringey in general but seems like a decent guy.

APT can happen with weak hamstrings and core and tight quads and low back

lmao

If Veeky Forums thinks he has some solid advice, he is all good in my book.

I went to a $250 weightlifting seminar given by a world champion

Learned more from Thrall's how to clean video.

>there's really no good reason to ever do lunges

JUS LOW BAR BACK SKWAT AM I RITE

he has a gift of explaining body movements in an understable way
the streches are good if you were an immobile fat fuck
his food advice is shit-tier, I wouldn't feed the shit he cooks to my dog

Well, you can throw the stretch videos in the bin, it's not that they aren't good videos on stretching - it's just that you don't need to start every session with half an hour of band work or rolling or someshit.

The posture correction and how to vids are gold.

Seems like just yesterday half of the threads in the catalog were fedora threads

Where does the time go ;_;

>trusting an imageboard ran by a bunch of gymcels who are obsessed with working out yet have no gains to show for it
confirmed not making it

Spotted the insecure lungefag. Why don't you just do a better exercise instead of getting embarrassed by the one your choosing to do now for some reason?

My post must've made you angry huh?

It's okay bro. I'm a normie really.

His recipes are pretty good for bulking. Certainly wouldn't say they're good for cutting weight.

I suppose you could argue that some of his stuff is too high carb but how many carbs you should consume on a bulk is gonna depend on your workload and metabolism.

I wish there was more of this series...

FECK ARSE GIRLS DRINK!!

>lunges are gay
>no they aren't!
jesus christ you fuckers want to argue please pretend to have any arguments

>lunges helped me through a squat plato so I figure they work for me

My post must've made you a little mad huh?

Have you ever seen Olympic weightlifters warming up, honestly I would rather do what those guys do than stretch too little, they are the most athletic, best trained and probably way stronger than a lot of powershitters with comparable weight

5 to 10 minutes is fine generally, but warm up and stretching is important

that picture

Honestly, back when I was warming up like Thrall and many others suggest - I had constant minor injuries and aches.

Once I ditched stretches and simply extended my warm-up sets (barX15, 25%X10, 50%X8, 75%X5 vs the old barX10, 50%x5, 75%X5) I had zero issues.

The only stretches I do are after workouts, mostly for my achilles tendons and to correct a bit of thoracic flattening.

Absolutely oblivious about nutrition

diaper squatter

hahahahaha

Lol perfect. Jabbed with her facial expression and hooked me with the board. Knocked out

High decibel kek

Yeah his advice is generally spot on. When he's talking about training. His stretching and prehab seems a bit excessive, but whatever, it's not like it matters too much. Bonus points for also being legitimately funny sometimes

I don't really agree with his programming, it seems a bit random and gimmicky. The fact that he does so many things (PL, WL, strongman, etc) means that he can't really be good at one of them, just decent at one of them.

His nutrition videos are fucking grotesque though.

>just decent at one of them.
*just decent at all of them

He looks like he smells

He would be a lot stronger if he didnt do that stupid 30 min stretching before everyworkout. Do what an oly lifter would. Quick 5 mins then on to warmups

I haven't watched a ton of his vids, but his advice seems overall pretty decent. He's also a goofy sonofabitch, which sometimes is funny and sometimes lame. I dig Jeff Cavaliere's stuff more, although the styles are way different

Oly lifters spend forever rolling and mobilizing

>Olympic weightlifters warming up, honestly I would rather do what those guys do than stretch too little

what does that have to do with normal people doing a normal routine, jesus christ.

I haven't warmed up or stretched before a lift in 5 years. I don't do warm ups and do sets across weight, haven't been hurt.

This makes me moist, also lost it