Mfw read Rip's book and he says this

>mfw read Rip's book and he says this

"To get stronger and more fit we need to consume somewhere around 200 to 400 calories more energy than we expend. This is a relatively small caloric excess, and much more than this should be avoided, since a huge caloric surplus can and will be stored as fat."

>tfw go on his forum and read pic related

What do I believe lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

richard-pye.talktalk.net/practicalprogramming.pdf
startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/Wit_and_Wisdom_of_Mark_Rippetoe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you should believe a pic you saw at Veeky Forums my friend

Maximum Overtraining (Max OT) is a much better program. It balances strength and size as well as fleshes out a workout program for those who are not beginners.

Otherwise I recommend HIT training that Mike Mentzer and Dorian Yates constructed.

Vince Gironda is a sage of bodybuilding who is little known but has some of the best advice.

>Yates
>Doing anything the steroid abusing father of the retard row recommends

the gomad thing was literally for skinny twinks who complain that they can't gain weight no matter what they eat. He doesn't give it as actual advice to most people.

Except he actually says this shit on his forum. Pic related

One more

Thats completly different from the pic though senpai

>listening to rippletits
>at any time
>for any reason

Wow you sound just like this goy.

The point is that in his book he recommends eating no more than 200-400 surplus. But on his forums he advocates eating 7000 kcal/day and McDonald's for a year. I understand the long quote in OP is a meme.

Which book? Because the one I have says

"To get stronger, the conventional literature advises the consumption of around 200 to 400 calories more energy than we expend. This is woefully inadequate for most people who are serious about their training, and absolutely positively inadequate for an underweight male who is trying to gain muscular bodyweight. It has been the experience of the authors that a more reasonable intake to ensure recovery and strength gains would be at least 1000 calories per day over baseline requirements."

I just read SS and I assure you he said to eat 3500-6000 calories a day, and says that a gallon of whole milk just happens to be the easiest cheapest way to do this

no he just makes a rhetorical question suggesting that young man are able to handle "unhealthy" methods fine.

Practical Programming for Strength Training. It's on page 59 of this PDF if you're interested.

richard-pye.talktalk.net/practicalprogramming.pdf

>2008

That was 8 years ago and two editions of practical programming have been released since, both of which have that part altered.

It depends on goals, training advancement, how small you are right now, and how fat you are right now.

Well shit, thanks brah. I just read that part from the updated edition on Amazon. That's why I asked Veeky Forums because I knew something wasn't right.

Which says?

>both of which have that part altered.
Was there any editorial comments stating he was wrong and a fucking idiot about diet and nutrition?

Well the book was coauthored by different people first time around, so the initial recommendations might not have even come from him. Wrong about what?

"To get stronger, the conventional literature advises the consumption of around 200 to 400 calories more energy than we expend. This is woefully inadequate for most people who are serious about their training, and absolutely positively inadequate for an underweight male who is trying to gain muscular bodyweight. It has been the experience of the authors that a more reasonable intake to ensure recovery and strength gains would be at least 1000 calories per day over baseline requirements. If a gain in muscular bodyweight is the primary goal, a surplus of at least 2000 calories per day, and perhaps more for some people who are inefficient metabolizers, will be needed."

>2000 surplus
Now, I'm not a competetive lifter and don't claim to be but unless you're roiding like hell, that's going to result in heaps of excess fat. Sure, you're going to get maximum gains, but with the cutting period required it's basically no difference.

So realistically, would you say a 1000 surplus is ideal?

gomad was advice literally conceived for annoying retards who claim to eat 3000 calories a day but still can't gain weight. it's basically complete overkill for a person who's trying to shit talk a programme because he's retarded. the intro for texts method literally has an addendum where it says something like "don't shit talk the programme if you don't eat enough and sleep enough" which is a little more obvious.

the book says eat as much as you can while maintaining your bodyfat at around 20%

I would say 500-600 is enough tbqh, worked for me at least. I've still had to cut quite a lot.

> Sure, you're going to get maximum gains,
That is all that matters to ripptoe i guess. He is concerned about strength and that is it. And eating grossly much and doing the compounds gets you strong so.

based Rip is based

He clearly stated that these methods only apply to under eating young teen twink. Go search YouTube he even said everyone else who does this is stupid and don't get the reference
>I read the book
This is where you fail. You clearly didn't. Because all these b8 thread every fucking day simply did not read the book

This. Ok every video he talks about GOMAD and calories surplus you can see his sarcasm from eyes
Some skinny pussy faggot claim eating gives them cancer and "le how can you pig eat 3000+? I can't even force down 1000kcal" fucking type of faggot on Veeky Forums

Sometimes DYEL twink is more annoying than fatties. Both delusional

He outright states that people no matter how heavy they are need to do GOMAD.
There is quite honestly no way he, a man who made his money off of pushing a slightly altered version of the strongest shall survive then selling that to crossfit, to fat highschool football players could have possibly meant this is only for skinny young kids.

Book directly states that unless you're a muscle-deprived teenager DON'T DO GOMAD. He literally says this. It's written.

Keep in mind this is what Rip looks like

A program of this nature tends to produce the correct bodyweight in an athlete. That is, if
you need to be bigger, you will grow, and if you need to lose bodyfat, that happens, too. It is
possible, and quite likely, that skinny kids on this program will gain 10-1 5 pounds of bodyweight in
the first two weeks of a good barbell training program, provided they eat well. "Well" means four or
so meals per day, based on meat and egg protein sources, with lots of fruit and vegetables and lots of
milk. Lots. Most sources within the heavy-training community agree that a good starting place is
one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day, with the rest of the diet making up 3500-
6000 calories, depending on training requirements and body composition.

One of the best ways to move in the direction of these numbers is to drink a gallon of milk a
day, most especially if weight gain is a primary concern. A gallon of whole milk per day, added to
the regular diet at intervals throughout the day, will put weight on any skinny kid.

Eating correctly may mean 6000 calories/day, including a gallon of whole milk, or it may mean 3500 calories/day on a Paleo-type, lower-carb, nodairy diet, depending on your initial body composition.

And this is how a shitty old guy looks like. I bet this guy knows nothing about weightlifting and coaching.

>it's written in the book
>it's clarified in the video
>NO HE WANTS YOU GOMAD
Kys

nothing wrong with what he's saying here... did you actually read?

>Mark
>Proven program for novice lifters to quickly power through their first stage of lifting
>Yates
>Father of that horrible row you see every idiot in the gym doing
>Roided out of his mind
>Helps perpetuate retarded fitness industry broscience bullshit and pushing bunk routines to idiots who wouldn't see gains on them without steroids
Wow, you sound just like a fag.

> tfw bear mode and don't ever have to bulk

Feels hungry breh

and rip has a stronger deadlift than 99% of the people on this board

startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/Wit_and_Wisdom_of_Mark_Rippetoe