It's been so great rock climbing with you, Jean Claude!

>It's been so great rock climbing with you, Jean Claude!
>user back at home just works his arms all day, he has no core to come out here with us.

fuck ur mom xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

>rock climbing
>core
>using your biceps, lats, and forearms
>core

>jean claude

lol

>user, why aren't you doing X to impress me?

bitch if you ain't bouldering, i don't got no time talking 2 u

I can tell you don't climb. Core and legs are both very important, you don't just do pull ups all the way to the top.

>Implying a strong grip isn't the single most important thing in rock climbing
Core is on the list for sure, but I'd say for 99% of people a weak core isn't the thing limiting them from being a rock climber

That niggadocio is not even wearing his shoes wtf

lol nobody talks like that in real life you autist.

thats because they're supposed to be so small they hurt, so you'd want to avoid wearing them all the time

For real tho, climbing is the dopest shit.

>We evolved to climb or at least evolved from climbers. No one doesn't get that instinctual pleasure from climbing shit.
>no fat climbing chicks. They don't exist.
>getting out in beautiful natural areas.
>mad forearm gains.

>no helmetĀ·to

many people who start rock climbing and have done other sports before usually feel their forearms or core lacking

limiting factors usually are a lack of technique/ability to conserve your energy and not wear yourself out on half of a problem/route

core becomes essential when you're in an overhang

>no fat climbing chicks. They don't exist.

Lies. I've worked in rope gyms and currently work in a bouldering gym in the pacific northwest (low obesity stats). There are still fat girls, they just never get much above 5.9+ routes or V2 boulder problems.

Also, it may be true that most climbing chicks are fit, but a high percentage are lesbians, tumblrettes, or massive attention whores/actual whores. Probably a similar distribution to lifting chicks or various other fit girls.

Athletic, attractive, non-crazy girls are rare regardless of which sport they participate in.

t. never climbed
t. never worn a climbing shoe

>legs
L E L
E
L

>never climbed in his life
>shitposts anyway

>doing the equivalent of pistol squats requires effort
DYEL?
I climb 3 times a week btw :^)

>implying that people who haven't trained legs can do pistol squats
Legs are important in climbing. If your legs are weak you're going to be shit.

t. lift and climb 5 times a week

That's still weak af senpai

Meme

>live in south florida
>no mountains
>no problem

>pull ups all the way to the top
I just had the greatest mental image

Paracommando here.

Some people are faster by pulling themselves up and not using your legs.

How do I get into climbing? I wanna go climbing and bouldering but I'm socially retarded. I haven't really thought about it, but I'm willing to go out and do shit, I just don't really know where or how, or what equipment I need. I've always enjoyed climbing trees and still do it now even though it makes me look like a retarded manchild, so I guess it's time to step it up to more important shit.

Also, does it cost loads of money?

If youre bouldering you literally just have to buy shoes and you're set. No need for social interaction or even a membership if you can find a free bouldering location

Are there any books out there I could read for this? I don't mind meeting new people and actively do my best to, but in this case I literally don't know where to meet someone who could show me stuff about rock climbing. I'd like to get into "alpinism" as it's called in Europe since it seems more fun, but I'm not really sure what it entails.

There's no climbing gym in my city, I've been looking for one for a while, so I thought I'd read up about it as much as I could till I can find a location.