I've been doing SS and when I was deadlifting 225x5 the bar slipped out of my hands...

I've been doing SS and when I was deadlifting 225x5 the bar slipped out of my hands. Should I do mixed grip or does that make me a little bitch?

Other urls found in this thread:

yournewswire.com/chair-bound-granny-now-deadlifts-225-lb-weights-in-the-gym/
youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If your grip is what's holding you back from doing more, by all means do mixed. Still better than using straps. I usually switch to mixed when I go above 2 plate anyway

get chalk and work on your grip, but don't let grip be your limiting factor. use mixed grip/straps/hook grip if you have to

Are you resetting your grip each lift?

Most likely do that. I was having the same issue but I just release my hands and grip the bar again each time and no longer have the problem.

Switching to straps or mixed grip is retarded at 225, you won't be training your grip strength as well

i do mixed grip when i get over 3 pl8, and every time I do i wish i never started doing mixed.

Be smart and learn how to hook grip. Trust me. Your future self will thank you

this. hook grip or regular double overhand. mixed grip just stagnates your grip strength. you need to make it stronger.

nope, fuck mixed grip. it might be broscience but I feel that mixed grip creates imbalances and just hinders overall performance. I started getting grip problems around 275lb. I started using chalk on my heavy sets and at the end of the deadlifts I would just do a dead hang with my max for however long I could hold it. I also started using dumb bells on other exercises which helps my grip strength. I will never use mixed grip. Too many videos of bicep tears.

tl;dr - more deadlifts, more grip training, chalk

I had the same damn problem myself, and I am considering getting straps to be able to do more weight. Mixed grip has helped me as well, and don't worry about being "a little bitch."

If you are going to be a massive pussy who is so self-conscious about how others see you, especially an anonymous board of people you have never met, then that is what will make you a little bitch. Your attitude. Not using different means to do a higher amount of weight in your deadlift.

no, do not switch to mixed. if you switch to mixed you are the definition of a bitch. use double over hand or hook grip.

There's nothing wrong with mixed grip, and using mixed grip and chalk will still help your grip strength. Still, if you can't hold 225 you need to work on your grip strength.

you shouldnt be needing mixed grip at 2pl8 m8

So KK is a bitch because he uses mixed grip?

you were deadlifting 225?

yournewswire.com/chair-bound-granny-now-deadlifts-225-lb-weights-in-the-gym/

HAHAHAHAHAA

okay I'll do 4 pl8 next time

"no lift!"

"WOT"

youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

/wrist curls/

Don't listen all this Veeky Forums faggots, if you have short fingers regular grip is hell for you.

Just use mixed grip, although would recommend to change which hand faces front every other set to avoid muscle imbalance.

Any muscle imbalances you'd get from doing mixed grip are easily made up for by various other pulling exercises. Go ahead do mixed grip. If you want to avoid bicep tears like in , just don't flex your supinated arm and don't do steroids.

You're welcome.

You're not going to be doing 3pl8 with pronated grip unless you train yourself to do it

Use hook grip.

You can reduce the agony of this by using self-clinging gauze on your thumbs.

What workout accesories can I add to help with grip strength?

Short fingers have nothing to do with it. If you train your grip strength, you will get stronger. And you don't want the slightest imbalance when lifting heavy weights.

Chalk or liquid chalk, you don't want to be taking it easy on your grip yet, try to increase dat grip strength

hook grip plus chalk

I frequently forget to cue my lats using hook grip, it's a bit bizarre.

>mixed grip

doesnt count

>Short fingers have nothing to do with it.

Are you fucking retard? Next time deadlift with fattest bar you found on gym and think how your reach of fingers affect on your grip.

> If you train your grip strength, you will get stronger.

True but are you training mainly your grip strength with deadlift, or perhaps hamstrings and back?

>And you don't want the slightest imbalance when lifting heavy weights.

What the fuck does this mean? You wanna tell me how I get imbalance with mixed grip when I change my hand positions every other set?

ITT retards don't realize that they literally have more muscle imbalances as a result of being left or right handed than they could develop as a result of mixed grip while deadlifting

they do nothing for grip strength though

my left lat is fkn huge compared to my right
I can't remember which hand ive had supinated for most of my deadlifting, so which one would hit my right lat more, left or right hand supinated?

>Should I do mixed grip or does that make me a little bitch?
No, being insecure about doing mixed grip is what makes you a little bitch

Uh guys i Did a deadlift today and I had a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen area for 0.5 secs while i was deadlifting. The weight was my work set 75 kgs(started SS a week ago)

It hasn't hurt again and 3 hrs have passed. My groin region seems to be fine and no odd fat protrusions anywhere.

Was it a muscle tear or hernia? Anyone else experienced this?

Probably a pull at the worst. Your whole stomach would turn purple if you tore a muscle. Was your grip uneven? You might've wind milled it.

Grip was fine. my right side is slightly weaker than the left though. or maybe because i exhaled because it was so heavy.

just double overhand until you can't anymore during the set and then switch to mixed. never start with mixed if you can help it.

>having bent arms while pulling

snap city lol

No, learn to hook grip.

A proper hook grip doesn't increase grip strength. It is basically just using your thumbs to serve the same function as straps.

Fucking hell, the amount of hook grip memeing on Veeky Forums is absurd. I bet 99% of people who parrot it don't ever use it anyway.

Start jacking off with right arm

Did mixed grip for ages. When I finally started doing deadlifts again I realised that I couldn't go back to 3 plates with double overhand. Could only do it mixed. Didn't like that. Now I've bit the bullet and moved below 3 plates and trained doing it the proper way until I want to PR and do it mixed.

just get a strap.

Mixed grip is for pussies.

Anyone in this thread saying you shouldnt do mixed grip is a dyel nerd. Hook grip is okay too.
Do grip work, but don't expect to use double overhand for reps after 3pl8.

I am lifting around 2 plates and I mixed grip at my max

This. I use hook grip solely for cleans because it's pretty much a necessity. Deadlifting with hook hurts your thumbs like a bitch. I just use straps when I go above 4pl8, mixed around 3pl8.

I have 6" wrists and hands literally the size of the average female's hands. Don't mixed grip 225 pussy.

The progression is:
> natty grip
> hook grip
> chalked natty
> chalked hook
> mixed

Doing mixed messes up your symmetry as one hand is supinated and the other is pronated. Muscle engagement is different.

mixed grip is for dyels. it only works up until a certain point. once the weight gets heavy, you start to face risk of bicep tears. i'd say up to 4pl8 with mixed grip is fine, but you could invest in some chalk and/or hook grip it.

> once the weight gets heavy, you start to face risk of bicep tears

you're retarded. the only way you can tear your bicep is if you're pulling with bent arms.

Use mixed grip when you have to. I started using mixed grip at 225 when i started lifting. How do you expect to get stronger don't increase the weights you are using because of your grip? Mixed grip stops the bar from rolling out of your hands. Straps are for people who are deadlifting 700+. The few people in this thread that can actually deadlift over 500 all use mixed grip or hook grip with chalk.

Why would you wait to use chalk?