Deathlifts lmao2pl8

>deathlifts lmao2pl8
>struggle to bench lmao0.5pl8
how
HOW

the entire bench feels like my triceps are doing 80% of the work, with my delts+biceps pullin in that last fifth

Form is fine, arms perp. to the ground when at the lowest part of the lift, hands positioned correctly, wrists straight, 2 points of contact with bench etc.

how the fuck is the bench supposed to feel? I always thought it was a chest workout, was that just a meme?

A close grip works your triceps a lot more than a wider grip.

grip leaves my forearms perpendicular with the bar when just rigth above the chest, which is what it is supposed to be at, is it not?

>Form is fine

no it's not. people who struggle on the most inanely easy activity yet still insist their "form is fine" need to fucking check themselves

pause reps bud
accessory work
VOLUME

>lmao0.5pl8
how much exactly are you benching?

ring fingers on the rings. or wider. and just keep practicing. it took me a very long time to learn how to target my pecs.

bar + 15-20lbs depending on how i'm feeling

literally been at this exact same weight for almost 2 months now

Are you a woman?

Switch to DBs helps move your arms to center chest and get a better contraction.

6'0 175lb 21y/o male

No idea what I'm doing wrong, have read everything I could about bench form. I feel like I could bench more, but my triceps cant do anymore than they already are, my chest gets literally nothing from doing bench, most of the time I don't even feel it flex when doing a few form reps with an empty bar

came here to post this
try it OP

grip wider

here

I had the same problem as you except I actually progressed. Didn't seem to grow my chest much, so I switched to DBs added flys and my chest actually started growing.

You are 100% doing something wrong

they'll wind up perpindicular regardless of whether you're doing close OR wide depending on your fucking elbow position. how about you try fucking gripping wider and see how it feels? you're obviously limited by your tricep strength and your chosen grip is working your triceps more then your chest. grip wider and see what happens. meanwhile do isolation other exercises to stengthen your triceps like skull crushers and seated presses.

>OP wants to get better at barbell bench
>tell him to switch out barbell bench and do another movement

Fuck this memery. If you wanna get better at bench then you fucking bench better. Not switch it out for another movement. Fucking retards.

Fix your fucking bar path; you're supposed to press towards your face from your sternum. Eat more food. Sleep more. Do pause reps, those helped amazingly with my bench. Fuckig add some bench volume goddamnit

how I went from hitting a wall to repping 2pl8
> fix your arm width
> fix your ROM - the bar should get so low that it's lightly touching your chest
> add accessory work. dumbell incline bench is a great exercise and it's almost impossible to screw it up

alright will switch to DB bench from now on

also I've been doing something recently, which is lying face up on a bench, then pulling a DB from below my head to over my chest

is this an exercise or will i fuck up my rotators? sometimes it feels uncomfortable afterwards, but fuck i can feel myself growing stronger every time

Check your autism bro. It's the same movement, except it's not fixing his hands on the same X plane. He can do the exact same motion as BB press with dumbells, except with DBs he can move his hands in the X plane and increase the contraction of his pecs.

BB offers nothing more than DB other than being able to utilize muscle imbalances and using less stabilizers to preform the movement.

Since DBs don't confine your movement like a BB, you can adjust the movement of the weight to whatever feels natural for you. Find a movement where it doesn't hurt, but still gives you that contraction.

You are benching on a flat bench? Hands 22+ inches apart?

it's more like a skullcrusher but my arms go back even further, with the DB almost touching the ground

i have to replace it, i can feel a rotator tear coming soon, what should I replace for delt+lat?

pull downs

any with only freeweights?

pendlay rows

Doesn't sound good, i would just do DB press for chest. Delt+lat? Rear delt? Pull downs/pull ups, and if you want to isolate Rear delt, face pulls.

what should the ratio of weight be from BP to DBP? if I'm benching 155 lbs should I be using ~70 lbs DB's?

i had this same problem for a year. had consistent trouble doing more than 1.5pl8, and i finally just sat down and learned how to use my chest. gains increased dramatically.

1) learn how to flex your chest. this is your first problem. pic related is the best way to really flex your chest.
2) do cable flies while applying that same chest flexion. youll feel a large, wide burn across your chest.
3) time for the bench
4) before touching unracking the bar, hyperextend your spine via squeezing your glutes to create a taut glute bridge. this will pull down your shoulders and create a larger ROM.
5) unrack the bar
6) lower the bar over your chest
7) try to picture the same movement you preform doing cable flies as you lift the bar. you want to simulate lateral movement.