There's a girl at my gym who goes to the SQUAT RACK then ties herself to the bar and does push-ups like pic related...

there's a girl at my gym who goes to the SQUAT RACK then ties herself to the bar and does push-ups like pic related. she's pretty fit (or at least thin) and only does like 5 reps so can someone explain to me what the fuck she's doing so I can stop wondering

Assisted pushup, she's probably not fit, just thin and weak

She's working out, so now maybe you can stop staring at her the entire time and act like you've spoken to a woman before. Fucking creepy you've been keeping notes on her and have a routine of hers memorized, let alone allowing it to culiminate in now asking strangers specifics in explaining her habits.

It's too bad everyone is autistic or depressed otherwise you could explain to her how she's being a silly bitch

Someone in shape did it in a magazine or YouTube video, and instead of taking half a second to think about what that exercise actually was, or how annoying it would be for everyone else, she just started doing it and probably swears that it maximizes her workout or something.

>Fucking creepy you've been keeping notes on her and have a routine of hers memorized
you sound pretty insecure if you think looking at another person for 20 seconds in between your own sets is "creepy". do you stare at the ceiling while in the gym to make sure you don't offend anyone by your eye rape?

This. First post, best post.

Maybe this, too.

Maybe she has a joint issue

this was my first thought too but I would've expected her to do longer sets if she just wanted to ease the load on her wrists or something

Not "her", but yeah lots of us do. We stare into our phones and shit because we don't want to be branded the gym rapist that scares girls into never leaving the treadmill. This is how it is when you're fucking ugly, m8.

grow some balls
>bringing your phone to the gym
never gonna make it

My buddy who is a personal trainer does a very similar method like your mysterious girl because he also has joint issues. He uses rubber bands to kinda secure his lifts and stuff. But who knows, people can be tards in the gym and was probably doing some workout that she invented that doesn't even work.

Even us attractive guys do that too, because we don't want to seem thirsty and/or we don't want the chance of ruining are gym experience if she's a bitch that takes offense to attention

No it does work. Most girls have difficulty doing pushups, and instead of trying really, really hard for a long time doing one or two at a time until it gradually gets better over time, they'd rather ask their phone the easy way out. I'm sure she found it online. That said, it works because it's like doing wall pushups. You're essentially starting at a lower weight and working your way up, just like we do with our bench.

>don't want to seem thirsty
there's a difference between ogling somebody and just sitting on a bench looking in the general direction you'd naturally look while sitting there and observing your surroundings
fucking millenials raised by tumblr I swear

Oh I'm sure and I know that there are many ways to make that work. I just made that statement because most people in gym doesn't know what the hell they are doing even if they were doing something right.

This so much. If girls don't want people to glance at them, they can stay indoors all the time and wear a burka.

Girls don't belong in the gym. Get out.

I wish I was that young. I'm going through a damn midlife crisis.

My favorite moment in the gym ever was when this skinny, suave guy that looked like he was from Spain or France came in the gym with tight jeans on. He walked around the gym and dicked around on the leg curl machine for about 27 reps of almost nothing. Then he walked over to the DB rack and picked up one 15lbs dumbbell and did about 20 reps or so with one arm, put it back, and then used the lat pull down machine like a rowing machine for one rep and left.

He seemed really cool though. Lifting just isn't his thing.

8/8 m8

Why wouldn't he notice people doing retarded shit? If you can't do push-ups then do push-ups on your knees. If you can't do push-ups on your knees just kI'll yourself.

That's a shame. My gym has one of those too. They seem like a real nice people and all they want to do is get gains but don't know what the hell they are doing. known them for years, made zero progress. But I guess some people go to gym to socialize and at least they are having a blast I suppose.

>He seemed really cool though. Lifting just isn't his thing.
Nothing as cool as not being bothered to learn the most basic fundamentals of what you're doing.

I do love it when I see guys in jeans at the gym though. Haven't noticed any yet in the 6 months at this new place. There is one asian guy who only uses it as a shower and bathroom though. Comes in, showers and leaves in new clothes.

You're bein mouthy there bud