Please can someone that''s not a troll help me...

Please can someone that''s not a troll help me. First of all yes I read the sticky a dozen times and for beginners it says it's best to do starting strength. But in every threads you see people calling others retards for doing SS and that it's a bad idea and useless.
I am 6'1" and about 138 lbs and want to gain muscle and have some aesthetic but I just don't know what program to do. Every time I ask in the QTDDTOT I get meme'd with SS + GOMAD.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/content/what-is-the-best-5-day-workout-split.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do starting strength with accessories
After each session do
5x10 DB flies
5x10 lateral raises
5x10 Curls
5x10 Triceps (only do these after OHP)

Chin-ups are dog shit for building a wide back. Do dumbbell rows alongside them. 5x10

Starting strength is good for starters. I added some pullups/chinups and dips to it and was fine.
Especially since you are completly auschwitz mode you can even do SS+GOMAD

Don't think curls are needed at any time in any fitness career though.

it doesn't matter what programme you're on as a beginner

just eat at a maximum calorific surplus, lift heavy and you're fine

Kek. Fine don't do curls moron, enjoy your elbow tendinitis :)

This is WAY too much volume for a beginner. Do those accessories but 2x10-12 except skip tricep work.

Ask yourself who's more reliable.

Someone who took the time to write all that in the sticky, or someone who shitposts on the internet?

Also read the SD book if only for the insane level of detail on how to perform the lifts plus what the actual point of the program is, which is to get big and strong.

SS + GOMAD is good for building STRENGTH
It won't get you shredded
It won't give you zyzz body
It will make you big and strong

SS isn't best for aesthetics, but its a good base to build upon. I'd recommend SS, SL or greyskull for any beginners, and throw in accessories, or volume days according to what you need.

1. No its not too much volume
2. Do NOT skip tricep work, it only aids your main lifts
3. 2 sets is dog shit, mark rippetoe explains why it does shit all in his book Practical Programming

SS book*

You are probably the biggest idiot i've ever encountered on Veeky Forums, and thats saying alot

Im 18 years old, been lifting since I was 14, I've been running sheiko for the past 2 years, I squat 250kg, deadlift 260kg and bench 162.5kg at 93kg bodyweight

I didn't get this far not knowing how to lift you pathetic moron.

SS is not complete without leg extensions and heavy shrugs after power cleans.

Bullshit

I compete at IPF worlds

Fucking novice, more sets equals more gains. It's the key to mad gainz

Greyskull with accessories.

ausfag?

This is the correct answer, I ended up doing allpro but on pretty heavy routine after a few more months I'm going to switch to greyskull

No you don't

he does tho

Tbh, SS for a total beginner is idiotic. If you don't play a sport/never exercise, you should just do bodyweight exercises and light machine work for like 4 weeks to get your body used to exercise.

Oh really? What gym do you lift at?

SS is not a meme, do it and learn your form, then after 3 months change routine to something that will suit your needs

>train triceps 5x10
>not affecting recovery
Pick only one.

I've been doing this for the past two months. It's been working. bodybuilding.com/content/what-is-the-best-5-day-workout-split.html

>roidsplits
When will this meme die?
>2 months
>working
Define working

SS is fine for a complete beginner learning form. After your linear gains stop, switch to a PPL split with the VIF management of TM. Ask here fir a sample template.
Excellent mass and strength gains.

probably someone already posted something like this, but here's a good plan for a year of training, starting skinny±fat:

1st three to four months:
> do GSLP (rotating lifts or basic scheme) or SS
> do light chin-ups and push-ups at home 3x-6x a week
> eat at slightly surplus

For the next three to nine months
> start PHUL or similar routine
> focus on getting all reps done
> do cardio 2x-4x a week (off days)
> adjust diet accordingly to goal

It's very important to eat at surplus at the begin, except if you're starting fat. Do not eat at large surplus tho (except for Auschwitz-mode, then eat like a bull).

Cardio will help you with 1 aesthetic gains 2 better health condition overall.

> on the 1st month you'll start feeling stronger
> by the end of 3rd month usually relatives start noticing gains
> by the end of the 6th month colleagues in general may notice your gains
> by the end of the 1st year, you may look fit for normie standards

Heh, he got all quiet now.

Forgot to add:

If you're not used to exercising regularly, it's advisable to get your mobility done before starting squatting and deadlifting with weights. This will postpone your gains for a month or so, but you recover the lost time by doing the training with proper form (thus reaching your potential). Allan Thrall has some nice videos on this matter.

bump

SS is a meme is a meme
Do SS for ~6 month and then think what next.

> SS is a meme is a meme is a meme

I've lost 24 pounds, from 312 to ~288, and have become much stronger. I define that as working.

Forgot to add, I stretch this program over roughly 2 weeks, and I do cardio on the in-between days.

bumpo

do pic related