/OWG/ Olympic Weightlifting General

>tfw OWG keeps getting bumped

Does anyone have a copy of the recent sticky?

theres not even one anymore in the archive. god, what a summerhole.

nothing to really discuss about. and plenty of posters preferred to talk about things other than weightlifting.

R.I.P OWG
You will be missed

TIme to go the leddit I guess

This. If you're a beginner, you will be told to read the resources given and to fuck off. If you aren't a beginner, all you can do is post your lifts, circlejerk over the strong guys, and talk about things unrelated to weightlifting.

if i post /owg/ waifus will this thread stay alive?

How hard it would be to get good snatch/c&j without coach?

>supposed to be saving up to go overseas with m8s
>just got asked to pick up some shifts for co-worker who can't do it adding at least an extra couple hundred to my pay
>seriously considering buy adipowers

HELP

i found clean and jerk to not be too hard without a coach (3 years of weightlifting experience) but snatches are hard for me rn mostly because of mobility

if u already have decent wl shoes dont waste ur money, if not then buy some, love mine

it helped when people would post webms of lifts, but nobody does that anymore apparently :(

if only poor Salami learned to keep his elbows unlocked like Godelli :(

I drop the bar every time and there's nothing you can do about it

whats your total you cuck

>You can only reply to this post if your total is 220 or more

IDDS DIS GOOD TEGG??!?!??!?! 1/1/ XDDD

I'm in love with her, help

>tfw i would absolutely destroy the womens 48kg class
feels good men

What do you guys do when your body just starts falling apart after long periods of consistent lifting?

>all kinds of lower back pain
>inflammation of both wrists
>upper back inflammation
>quad tendinitis
>other minor injuries/problems

Progress is also slowing to a halt

Yeah, I'm smart enough to realize I need to take a good fuckin break
But how long should it be? What should I do during that break to keep active?

do any of you take breaks from lifting regularly?

Stop throwing your head forward like a retard. You've pulled that high enough to power. Just catch it where you catch it lad. Don't be dumb.

Really should've been a no lift #behdadsalimi

i trained through patellar tendinitis because everyone around me said
>yeah that's just your body acclimating
>don't be a pussy
>everyone has to deal with pain if they want to be great
and it just got worse and worse

stop training
do yoga
go to physio

it will be 6 months minimum before you're good to train

look at pas for how to do it completely wrong. he trains through injuries constantly and he has made 0 progress in like 2 years

yeah, it fucking sucks. but you need time to heal

Anybody got the private playlist where klokov is teaching how to snatch and CJ on youtube?

Watched the entire playlist and it was. I reset my computer couple days after and lost the link

Please if anyone it would be a great help.

hasnt gone up since last time cause i havent lifted for about 4 weeks or so cause i was in vietnam on a trip

for reference 187@66
bw currently sitting around 70kg (got food poisoning on trip aswell, kill me), comp coming up oct 22nd

>tfw i wanted to get the red adipowers because red ones go faster but they were out of stock for my shoe size so i had to settle for white ones

just fucking murderise my shit f a m

I wish that was a career ending injury Jacob you absolute faggot.

Uhh do I know you
???????????????

Wew

Uhh do you know him?

trappy deleted the videos after she got doxxed

kek the red ones were the ones I wanted, I didn't know they were limited edition ffs. I am seriously considering some, still tossing up black/white and red/black

yo bro,
does this guy know the guy who knows him?

Guys I went full meme and scheduled a visit to a real weightlifting gym. What should I look for in a good coach?

Any coach will do for starters, don't worry about that too much for now. As long as they make you do the classic lifts often its correct.

Look at their athletes to see how they are at technical coaching, look at their competition history if you want them to coach you in comp. Don't worry about they're numbers so much, just that they understand weightlifting. One of the biggest mistakes noobs make is being seduced by 'my coached snatched x amount' it doesn't make them a good coach.

Knows what hes doing
Listens to athletes
Athletes respect him
Isnt a complete Knob

>he trains through injuries constantly
I feel like im guilty of this as well, tho my injuries are minor

>6 months
uhh
I thought more like 3 weeks to 1 month

it's not like I'm completely falling apart here

>hasnt gone up since last time cause i havent lifted for about 4 weeks or so cause i was in vietnam on a trip

is there a way to get lean without sacrificing strength

last time I cut my snatch dropped 10kg and my c&j dropped 20kg

right now im slightly leaner than commi, I really really need to cut

Wtf you doing to lose that much strength. Sure you weren't just weak while on the cut? Feeling weak while in a deficit isn't the same as losing strength

>o shit
>he's bout to deadlift that right
>HOOOOOO SHITTTTTT

theres no way thats 405 right? wtf are these olympic plates. there is no way this dude just put 405 over his head

that's 436 , how fucking new are you the weightlifting? ..

What are your guys' thoughts on overhead squats?

they're good as a warmup or if you have problems getting comfortable at the bottom of the snatch/have problems standing up snatches (which you're kinda fucked if it's the latter). probably doesn't need to be trained super heavy tho.

>she

Need some advice

I feel very comfy power snatching when all I gotta focus on is my pull and aggressive extension. When I full snatch I get wobbly and focus too much on that part and fuck my pull, meaning I can more easily power most weights than full snatch

I know this is largely down to flexibility and uncomfortableness in the receive, so will work on it, but once I have that sorted, how do I make a smooth transition between up and under? If I give the pull the aggression it needs I really jump up with lighter weight, if I try to pull under I short my pull and pull with arms...

Work from high hang and blocks? Will this naturally carry over in time?

Thanks for help

is the distance between plates on the bars shorter for oly bars than regular 7 foot bars?

I'm same height as klokov but I see him and that ukranian guy put their grip so wide their hands touch the weights. I have long arms too but I just don't see how I can go that wide

I know brah, im 75/103 @69 so i will take your status as resident twink soon bby

nice legs