Is trap bar a meme? Do you use it?

Is trap bar a meme? Do you use it?

It was originally designed for powerlifters with shit mobility I think.

I don't use it and never will. I have no problems with deadlifts. Also I don't know how heavy the bar is.

It's like the smith machine, a corral for retards. Avoid it and just use a conventional bar.

30kg usually

I use it as a last resort. If the gym is crowded and I'll have to wait forever for a normal bar I'll use the trap bar.

Had to use the other day because two people in a row had to use the only power Cage to OHP
Grip was different, felt different for my shoulders

>farmer walks

If you don't care about hitting the posterior chain as hard during deads and want to combine squats/deads into one lift it's alright.

Yes, yes. Very good, HOWEVER

>costs a bit of extra money for extra gear
>If you plan on competing you won't be training ideally.

If you have the dosh and want to do just this and farmer carries on leg day it's an okay investment.

>i'm a novice and have no idea what I'm talking about but I need to act elitist

I have never seen anyone who deadlifts heavy use one of these trap bars but whatever

probably because you go to a single gym and that sample size isn't very big, probably a commercial gym with very few actual strong people.

It's an assist movement and it has it's place if you need it, dismissing things because you haven't seen someone use it is retarded.

It's a hack squat when you deadlift it. Its good for farmer walks though.

Deficit deadlifts to increase the range of motion and making the lift harder, rack pulls to overload the lockout and training grip, pulling with accommodating resistance to increase speed off the ground, paused deadlifts to reinforce the stable position and increase core strength.

There are several ways to assist in the deadlift that doesn't require a meme bar.

Good luck doing hammer curls with a conventional bar.

used to use it for shrugs, and claf raises in high school because the straight bar pulls you forward

No reason to use it now

this. I only use it when the groups of chinks crowding the squat rack doing 7 sets of shit with 10 min rest between sets

It's fine and hits basically the same muscles. I use it when space is limited

I use it for farmer walks. I'll stick those Fat Gripz on it but that's all I use it for

I deadlift with it.

I'm a tallfag and an oldfag, and barbell deadlifts have never felt right to me. I switched to the trap bar and have made nice back gains since.

If you read up on it, it works the same muscles just in different ways (hits your glutes harder and erector spinae less), but still an effective workout overall.

Do what you like and stop caring what people think is a "meme."

3/10, made me reply

>No one posted this yet
Step the fuck up, Veeky Forums

stop spreading bullshit. trap bar only helps you do more trap bar dl. use dbs for farmers walks tard.

You're going to be out a lot of money if you're using DBs to do a respectable weight for farmer's walks.

The hex bar is far and away the best farmer's carry investment if you already have pl8s

>7 sets of shit with 10 min rest between sets
>not being alpha as fuck ans asking if you can cycle in between their reps

faggot

>hammer curls
>trap bar
hahahahhahaha

Good for weighted carries, shrugs, neutral grip rows, and can be used if you don't have a log to clean and press and you're interested in strongman training.

Good for trapbar deadlifts as an assistance exercise, or replacement for both squat/deadlift for the person who just wants general strength and athleticism. Sure beats just leg pressing or whatever. Possibly easier on the knees or something too.

Etc.
I'd say it's useful, but I'm just a shitty novice who wastes time reading bullshit on T-nation instead of reading books that would be several times more helpful.

highest i've seen 190kg from a guy that exclusively dl with a trap bar

there's 2 at my gym ,one is 36 the other is 45.

If I couldn't afford and didn't have space for or ability to use proper equipment it would be a hard choice between a trap bar and a straight bar

With a trap bar you'd be really limited on overhead movements but then you need space to perform overhead movements

You have one hell of a home gym setup with just a trap bar and plates.

Other than that, I don't see much use.

Put it on a scale you retard. Your own laziness isnt an argument against the equipment.

Mine says 50lb right on it

I want to buy one but it's expensive as shit in Canada

I do a PPL workout, and I started using the trap bar instead of the leg press (see picture) to work quads on my Leg day, because it really focuses more on quad development than anything else. It does help with other muscles being uses (primarily grip than anything) the same way traditional deadlift works, but it's nowhere near as effective as a traditional deadlift. But since I've included it both my deadlift and squats have gone up progessively faster.

The nice thing about the trap bar is it helps reinforce the movement of regular deadlifts (IE keeping back straight, stance, breathe control, etc)

TLDR; pic related, I've stopped using this and use the trap bar instead. Numbers have gone up. Won't go back.