What's Veeky Forums's thoughts on foam rollers ?

Just ordered this one...

Other urls found in this thread:

swolept.com/posts/critical-foam-roller-review-rumbleroller-vs-the-grid#.V8XZLZgrKhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are a meme.

i think they're useless . i just stretch

So I just spent 80 bucks on bs ?

I bought one and never use it.

Nah they're pretty good

there's literally a "Make your own foam roller" guide in the sticky.

they are good. i plan on pickling one up next paycheck because too lazy to build an ugly one with PVC. great for fixing posture and mobility in places that youve neglected your entire life and that SS pays no attention to

these people are probably fatstrong nevercardio uggos

Why on earth did you buy a set of three? I would have just bought the medium sized one and tried it out. BTW foam rolling has been great for me, relieves tightness in my back, legs and shoulders.

Seriously, you could've made one for less than 10 bucks. Should've read the sticky

how do you properly use them?
I've been just putting the roller on the ground, putting whatever I want to stretch on top of it and roll

gf and I can confirm it helps a ton with back pressure/soreness/ache

i'm the just stretch guy. the amount of fascia release you get with a foam roller is so minimal it's basically pointless

do bikram yoga you fucking pussies

your doc will not believe you when you tell him you accidentally fell on it. trust me, he will know.

Should've gotten the rumble roller.

That's the main reason I'm getting it , the
Legs are killing me.... From cardio. Idk if you guys ever noticed , but say you worked out yesterday , you woke up today feeling minor soreness , but after you do cardio it just boost the soreness everywhere ?

No, they're a real thing you can buy, not a meme.

(Whether or not they are any good is a different story, but that's unrelated to your comment.)

I just bought the big one.
That's what I wanted it for since I also do construction. There's plenty of YouTube videos on it.
I've looked around and most ppl pointed to the grid... Since its durable and a great foam roller.

swolept.com/posts/critical-foam-roller-review-rumbleroller-vs-the-grid#.V8XZLZgrKhc
this guy says PVC are actually more effective

Going to a proper physio is god tier in comparison

He's not wrong.

why can't i find anything bigger than 1" diameter on amazon?

Lol son of a bitch.... Fuck it I guess I'll try it out , they have a 30 day money back policy. Doesn't hurt to try.

Good to know. I might move on to PVC once my muscles are a bit more loose.

Starting out with the grid might not be a bad idea. If you go straight to PVC you might end up screaming in pain.

Not really sure what he's talking about, the rumble roller works great on my quads.

They're good for quad/ITB and upper back.

You can just get a thick peice of pvc at a hardware store for pretty cheap, works as well as anything you can get online.

thats sort of in line with what he says. he says the bumps are too small to be effective, and is liikely only referring to the back, which has larger muscles. quads are smaller, so rumbler gets in there better?

just a guess

It's proof that cardio is bad for you.

I use a ball for my back anyway, which seems better.

its pretty good for cracking your back mmm
kind of like a massage than pure mobility so u still gotta do stretches

i dont have a saw. can i buy a reasonably sized pipe online or do i have to trek to a brick & mortar? lowes? amazon? not seeing anything shorter than 10ft or thicker than 2"

They instantly relieve my back pain after work. Literally roll my back on those a few times and it cracks my spine and relieves pain.

This. Also the one in OP's pic is pretty good. I have the medium size one. Great for the quads and glutes as well. I don't get why anyone would make their own. $30-40 is chump change.

i bet you have less than $500 in your savings

Can you feel it in the glutes? I feel like I can't get in there unless I use a ball.

foam rolling is pretty fuckign improtant if you give 2 shits about mobility or injury prevention

if you squat intensively, you should foam roll IMO

What exactly should you roll then for squatting?
The back and front of your quads?

>The back of your quads.

That'd be impressive I'd like to see how you can foam roll something that's inside your leg.

Kek

when buying a pvc pipe, are there different guages for different strengths? like will any old pipe support my weight or is there a specific type

Like a tennis ball?

Rumble Rollers are JUST tier desu

Kek. I understood what days but made me giggle.

I like to roll my Achilles tendon, my soles of my feet, calves, shins, and around my knee

They are a God-send for certain muscles that are difficult to stretch, like the sides of your calves

>rolling on a tampon
>spending 80 buckaroos for said tampon
You do realize a lacrosse ball is more effective and cheaper?

Didn't know that...

So is a condom but here you are

Ball is great for smaller muscle groups but why not spend $7 on pvc so you're not rolling the larger groups for anow hour? Efficiency, breh

A pvc pipe and a tennis ball are all you need, not some $80 piece of shit.