Ass to Grass

I physically cannot go ass to grass squating. I can go parallel max, because my heels come off the floor.

Is ass to grass bro science? I've read conflicting articles about it being a meme and parallel is fine.

ass to grass is not a meme, but what ass to grass will look like depends on your morphology.

whenever i post a squat video here some retarded memer posts ''lower faggot'' but my absolute lowest squat is a bit below parallel due to limb lengths.

in any case you need to work on your mobility

>I am new at something that requires years of work to be great at
>why am I not good at it from day one?
Fuck off, retard.

look at how fucked up his knee angle is.
they do that because they have to. You don't have to.

>work on your mobility

As in stretching?

I'm just trying to squat correctly.

yeah its good if you want a hernia

yeah

I had really bad tendonitis on both knees and one knee bad bc kick boxing for like 10 years , the hospital x-rays showed bones/ligaments/blood to be fine and the physical therapy guy hinted tendonits, after alot of internet research I rebalanced my legs with a simple program I made that lasted 6 months (the physiCal therapy guy only did the most retarded exercises and the electroshock thing so I droped him after the second visit ) , after that I'm literally pain free and my squats are atg , no pain whatsoever anywhere during the set , not even when I wake up or going up the stairs as before , now my legs are strong enough to sprint a mile on 8 minutes and do 235 atg squat 5x5 . I'm 6.3 ft 260 lbs going for bear mode . Also atg squats are done by feeling the hip drive , go check Alan thrall how to squat video on jew tube for some good pointers

I started squatting ass to grass to be cool. You should too.

Holy fucking shit, oly lifters amaze me with their flexibility.

How the fuck do they even squat out of that position?

>I'm just trying to squat correctly.
No you're not faggot. You're coming here and telling us that it's physically impossible for you which is bullshit. It's quiet obvious that you just started since your shifting weight onto your toes. Fuck off you retarded child.

Your heels are coming off the ground because you have shit ankle flexibility. If you want to go ATG, you need to improve that. The question is, why would you even want to? If you aren't an Olympic weightlifter, ATG squats won't really give you any benefit compared to regular below parallel squats and might just give you more knee pain.

>Is getting more range of motion on a full body exercise better
Gee I wonder

when i go for high weight squats (for me) i find it much easier to go ATG than to stop midway (parallel). it just feels very unnatural and fucks up my form

i've always worked on my flexibility so I guess it's just natural for me

I honestly feel better whenever I squat ass to grass. I used to squat to parallel, but it didn't feel natural at all. Going as close to ass to grass as possible feels much more natural for me.

>I can go parallel max, because my heels come off the floor.
You have been lifting for under 3 months haven't you OP?
Keep your chest up and drive trough your heels.
Stretch before, during rests and after.
Keep going lower and trusting that your legs can carry you, so lighten the weight a little.

This is me exactly

Well, "squatting correctly" and squatting like a competitive Olympic weightlifter isn't the same thing.

Work on your mobility and get some lifting shoes.

It's called strength

Same here. I like to go as deep as I can so I can catch the stretch reflex. I could widen my stance out to catch it at a higher position which is what a lot of powerlifters do, but I don't have the knee flexibility.

same here
even when i was 320lb+ i always could squat atg

i think it's our bodies' limb lengths/mechanics

And lots of drugs from your complicit state-owned pharmacy.

Mobility. Practice.
Highbar back squats are properly done ATG.
Lowbar squats should be taken below parallel.
Try getting into the position without the barbell.
Hold on to something if you have to.
Try ATG goblet squats, they might help you learn the movement better for now.

>my heels come off the floor

this shit seems so fucking alien to me. i've been able to squat normaly since i was a baby and i'm barely physically active (been sitting in my room playing vidya in my spare time for as long as i can remember)

how the fuck is it you can't keep your feet firmly planted in the ground?

the stretch reflex has nothing to do with your flexibility, it's the eccentric part of the squat (going down). this is why when you divebomb a squat (lose tension halfway through and just freefall before coming back up), you don't have a stretch reflex.

The point is, at this moment I cannot do ass-to-grass, but what I'm asking is, if this is necessary successfully squat, or whether parallel is fine too. Depending on the answer I would either have to work towards ass-to-grass or keep doing parallel squats.

Let go of your ego and slap on some light weigh around 95 or even lower. Have feet pointed 45degrees. Let your body have a little lean (so if your body is the y axis have your torso give way to a ~15degree angle from the y. Squat and break at the hip first kind of a like a pliƩ dont stop at parallel if you go low enough your body will naturally spring you back up.

You're an idiot, if you can't squat properly don't make up some excuse for it. Every Oly lifter squats to depth (lowest as they can go without of course losing balance) do you think they are a meme too, there are guys squatting 4 times bodyweight, maybe more.

Look up "How to squat with terrible mobility" by Alan Thrall on YouTube. Your issue is flexibility which is common with new lifters. If you perform the stretches and get a pair of squat shoes you'll get better with time.

I go until the bottom of my ass touches my Achilles. It took a long time for me to be able to get that low with working weight

I've made to 137.5kg ATG squatting but I'm scared of snapping my shit up

I have uneven feet like klokov so my stance is really weird(pic related)
I have no pain or anything but I fear one day it might snap or something

it's also awkward to get into proper position so my knees are identical instead of one lower and the other higher, sometimes I just cant get into a decent one

The stretch reflex is exactly when you bounce the squat. By doing this the muscles and tendons "over stretch" and a quick reflex contracts the muscles which helps getting up from the buttom position.

not OP but if I try to squat with my heels on the floor I feel like I'm about to tip over backwards