How does Veeky Forums feel about chiropractic?

How does Veeky Forums feel about chiropractic?

Quakery or legitimate practice?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2564146/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWqExssg_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Would not go, never received a happy ending.

i saw one once and he did thing thing where i laid on the table in my boxers and he put his hands under my arse and held them there for 3 minutes doing nothing. he was extremely gay and i was/am a twink skelly type

he also spun my head around to crack my neck which felt amazing tbf

>Quakery or legitimate practice?

could be either depending on who you go to

>thing thing
this thing***

Can be helpful as a supplement to core exercises and better posture for back pain problems.

Don't expect it to solve back issues by itself, and don't beleive any of the shit about chakras or anything (though it's getting really rare to find people who still push that).

quackery

see a physiotherapist

Seems to be very mixed from what I've seen. I don't know why. Maybe some things respond well to chiropracty while other don't. Maybe some practitioners are useless. Also I've heard quite often that it gives relief, but only temporarily. For example you have a bad back and they will crack your back which feels great, but after a couple of days/weeks your back is just as bad again.

Quacks

Find a decent physio instead.

I'm actually currently going to one. On day three for a rotator cuff issue. My guy uses an ultrasound to massage deep tissue. It's good to have done at least once to check your back, feels godly when he aligns the spine. But, watch them. They make their money off making you believe you need a return trip, tomorrow will be my last since there's nothing more he can do and my hot tub provides the same benefits with me being naked.

I've been to two

One was a new age hippie who said he had to align my energy and that playing with my toes would clear my sinuses.

The other actually gave me an x-ray and told me about my subluxations and physically fixed my spine. I felt like I never even hurt my back after 2 visits.

> Quakery

total bs and they know it
see a decent physio or find a good stretching routine

This, while I stopped going to mine because they creeped me out I still think there is some truth to it. You sure as hell don't need to go twice a week though

Some of them can be useful. The underlying theory is mostly quackery, but then again so is most of physical therapy. I probably wouldn't go unless I had a recommendation from a lifter I trusted.

Quakery in the US
Legitimate in most developed countries, especially in Scandinavia, here it takes a 5½ year long education to be able to practice as a chiropractic

>allowing a pseudo doctor to manipulate your cervical spine

Op read about post chiropractic vertebral stroke

nothing but good things to say about the guy i go to. i went to him for a pinched nerve in my neck aw few years ago and it never came back, then again a little more recently after i got a pinched nerve more towards my hips. he is an a+ guy !!

Depends on the practitioner - I currently go to one chiro who is a fucking wizard and has fixed stuff for me that no one else has come close to figuring out.
But I've seen others who were almost entirely useless for long-term improvement.

Just like any health related field, really, except good chiros have to overcome the voodoo pseudo-science bullshit stigma

This.
Have actual joint/nerve pain? Go ahead?
Expect it to fix your cancer and asthma?
Lolno

>post chiropractic vertebral stroke

Get a massage or go to a physical therapist instead.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2564146/

>post chiropractic vertebral stroke
Oh shit nigga
Never went and never will go to a chiropratic

My sister is a physiotherapist and a chiropractor. She's got around 7 years of experience in other clinics and now she has her own.

She openly admits that both specialities are the ultimate snake oil of medicine and that nor she, nor the clients have any idea of why the treatments "work". In fact she exploited the "esoteric" aspect of the practique in her own clinic with amazing results in the number of clients.

Btw, according to her, kinesio tape (pic related) is the memest of medicine memes.

Truth. Went to one after having severe neck pain with throbbing shock sensation through my right arm. Was told i had a beginning discosprolapse. She realigned my spine and relieved my neck pressure in two sessions and also gave thorough advise for beginning my exercise again. Went two more times within a few months whenever the pain or stiffness would seem to reoccur, and i havent had any issues since. Still deadlifting squatting and olylifting. No spiritual bullshit here. Danish fag here

Science says it's bullshit.

Taking advice from a lifter over a physical therapist? Confirmed for retard

There a good chiropractors and bad ones same as doctors 90% of them are shit tho

They aren't practicing corrective care

Allowing a "real" Doctor to feed you poison and call it medicine stay stupid faggot

>>m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWqExssg_s

This guy...watched most of his videos...seems legit. 3 minutes in..

>Have actual joint/nerve pain? Go ahead
to an osteopath