That feel when you have an inguinal hernia

>that feel when you have an inguinal hernia
>that feel when you can't fucking go see your physician about it and have to make an appointment for next week.
>that feel when rather die then go to the ER and get fucked with costs for the surgery
Why is American health system against lifting?

Everyday I check for that shit and pray the god of form for this to never happen to me

Wtf how do I avoid that disgusting shit

Choose your parents carefully. Hernias are genetic.

Think I had one of those as a baby.

Doc had to do surgery on my groin or some shit.

you can get a hernia just from sitting or being a fatfuck, also it's

So, I was lucky enough to get inguinal hernias on both sides at the ages of ~14 and ~16. The first time around, it was just this freaky bulge all the way down in my scrote that would go away if I got onto my back. Didn't hurt or nothing so it took a long time for my idiotic ass to bring it up with my doctor.

At the time of the eventual repair, they needed to use a shit-ton of mesh and the surgeon remarked it was about as bad as an 80 year old's.

Needless to say, I took care of it much faster the second time around.

Anyway: be real careful about side-effects to dem nards. If you get any weird lumps afterward, you'll probably need to get them drained with a needle (terrifying but not actually painful). If you get any color changes...god be with you and don't hesitate to get an immediate followup.

Fourteen years later and it's like nothing ever happened. Every now and then I get a twinge or feel almost a bit nauseated after going all out at the gym (possible spermatic cord irritation), but definitely better than ignoring a hernia until it's too late.

>tfw free healthcare
>tfw can't own a gun though

99.9999999999% of the time, it's a pretty gud tradeoff bro.

Even for those that can afford good healthcare (I am one of them), it's still a pain in the ass here. Scheduling non-emergency visits are ridiculous, so much so that even something a couple days in advance is emergency-only.

Where do you live?

Fuclking disgusting
what happens if you make excess strain? Your guts fucking blow up?

>couple day wait

Dude you are looking at weeks here for shit like removing cancerous organs. Months or years for other shit and you pay out the ass for it in taxes. 6% of your gross goes to healthcare costs here in "free" healthcare land.

strangulation

Kek this is me. My hernia was a large one cos it didn't hurt or bother me so I didn't see a doc. Finally got it done with mesh not too long ago.

Protip: have insurance

I actually got insurance after I knew I had a hernia but it didn't bother me at the time. Still managed to claim the total cost of around 8k

>Free

Is it possible to have a hernia in the area between your anus and your balls? Because that spot and my balls have been aching for about a week especially when I walk

nah that's what we call prostate cancer

For someone who is not genetically predisposed it takes serious injury for them to get hernia. People who get groin hernia are usually genetically predisposed.

avoid hernia by training your inner core muscles everyday. And never let your stomach bulge out when you excersie.

Do the stomach vacuum excersie during the day

Yes its possible.

Medical tourism and self-treatment might be affordable options.

Dumbass.

Dude, when it passes through it's time for emergency. It can get pinched and be cut off from the blood flow, and the tissue will die.

It can happen in a few hours.

how does inguinal hernia feel?

did a really sharp groin movement 6 months ago with a football, 3 mris, ct scan, xrays, nothing is showing up. currently doing some nerve work to see if its a nerve injury but this shit is significantly ruining my life and my the sport I love. if anyone knows anything about groin injuries please tell me

dude me too. its a painful twinge. anyone know?