Why do people here insist on doing running for cardio?

Why do people here insist on doing running for cardio?

When I am in my bulk mode (5'7 - 190's) I can barely fucking run, it hurts to run. But when I cut back down to the 160's, I can run all day long without any problem.

IMHO, I don't recommend running unless you're already lean, it's too uncomfortable to run when you're carrying too much extra body-fat.

It's amazing how much of a difference 30lbs can make on a 5'7 frame in terms of what running feels like.

this sounds dumb and wrong

>5'7 frame
Thinly veiled

I'm 255lb, down from 270, and I run (albeit slowly) without issue. Running burns a ton of calories and is great exercise.

It's not dumb.

Running is highly inefficient when you're overweight. It's too risky, uncomfortable and painful to warrant doing.

There's nothing special or hard about running if you're lean bro. I've been lifting for 5 years & I didn't do any running for perma-bulking during the first 3 years. At the start of the cut, I started trying to run, and it was impossible. After dropping 30lbs and becoming lean again, I tried running, and it was easy as piss, instantly easy, didn't even have to train my cardiovascular system, just had to drop 30lbs of fat.

TLDR: If over-weight, lose the fat via diet, then when you're lean, you can start running.

I run at 270lbs and it's fine besides my terrible stamina and speed. I actually like the feeling of running, especially when it's cold out.

>Running is highly inefficient when you're overweight.
Wrong. It burns a lot of calories.
>It's too risky, uncomfortable and painful
Opinion. Depends what you're running on, your shoes, previous health concerns, and so on. If you have shit form and smash the ground every step you'll just kill your knees. Obviously if you're fat you should jiggle jog. Not like you can do more than that anyways.

the dude's right though actually, if you're heavy you aren't going to be running long enough to burn any significant amount of calories, and your risk for developing shin-splints or other overuse injury is so, so much higher.

As someone who ran throughout his teenage years into mid 20's, trying to get back into running at 31 and obese (290, @ 5'11) was fucking impossible. Even being someone who was fairly decent at it previously, and had been doing it for years. Woe be upon someone who'd never ran before, trying to get into it for weight loss.

I got down to 190ish via diet and lifting, and suddenly running *was* easier, and a 4-5 mile run was possible, along with the 700ish calories it burnt.

tl;dr a person with 40% body fat is better served on an elliptical or stationary bike, while cutting and lifting than trying to go out for a jog.

>if you're heavy you aren't going to be running long enough to burn any significant amount of calories
Wrong again. Being heavy means you burn more calories as is. Doing light cardio you'll burn quite a lot being a tubby whale.
>Risk of inury
Learn form, pick proper running places, get proper shoes, don't push yourself too hard till you drop weight.
And obviously if you're old and fat your risk of injury doubles easily.

You shouldn't do ANY exercise unless you KNOW you're doing it right. Doesn't matter if your big or small.

>too uncomfortable

Well there's your problem right there. You're a huge fucking faggot.

>you risk developing shin splints

just fucking kill yourself you goddamn pussy

>5'7 frame

lmao

I would also like to know why Veeky Forums insists on running, I've been losing weight with skipping rope for cardio.

no, not wrong. pick an arbitrary number of calories *running* burns at 300 pounds, lets' say 1100. fatty mclandwhale can do it for 5 minutes.

now pick some pretend number for someone at 180, let's say 650. Normal guy can do it for 45 minutes.

which is burning more calories per workout?

so much edge. ask me how i know you've never ran a day in your life.

The landwhale. Maximum amount of time vs burned calories.
Who cares about per workout? Time is also a factor. You could workout for 10 hours and burn more, that certainly isn't the point at all.

If a fatty can run just a little and burn a ton of calories, why the fuck would they not. The more they do it, the longer than can.

I think you're recreationally missing the point here.

landwhale should stick to something they can actually do for a decent amount of time to maximize their total number of calories burnt. (protip, it ain't jogging.)

The reason running is insisted upon a lot is because it's one of the better exercises to be good at.

One of the main goals of fitness is to be functional, and you aren't functional if you get winded jogging to the mailbox.

Be strong, carry your own weight well and you'll be able to do so much more in life.

If you run 3-5 miles per day you'll be as fit cardio-wise as necessary to do almost any daily activity.

>5'7" 190

Ime 5'7" and 140. What do you look like m8?

Sounds like you have shit tier shoes and form

Hopefully a barrel if he wears it well.

It doesn't matter what type of cardio you do...