Dumbell rack

How much does a dumbell rack coast?
>It's for my home gym

Other urls found in this thread:

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/spo/5734526233.html
detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/spo/5713891685.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much does a quality modern home gym coast?

How much does a home cost?

How much does holocaust?

Unless you are getting shit from yard sales barbell sets are highly cost ineffective.

Personally I have 2x35 and 2x25 lbs and won't spend a dime more till I can find some at a yard sale. I gym membership even for a year is more cost effective for most places.

6 million

A full dumbbell rack is several hundred dollars. That shit is crazy expensive. You could probably get the price down by going used and trying to get increments of 10 up to 90. Then just get a few magnet plates for in-between. I could imagine getting that for ~$300.

Most home gym people just get adjustable dumbbell handles.

let me google that for you senpai

It also depends on your goals. Honestly I just leave mine on a mat in a corner since I just use them for when I can't go to the gym for whatever reason.

$500 for 2.5 to 30 pounds

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/spo/5734526233.html

$1200 for 5 to 75 pounds.

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/spo/5713891685.html

Just get some bars you can add plates to.

I think the way to go is Powerblocks up to 90lbs then build pro dumbbells for 90+

how much does a google search cost?

or maybe Ironmasters past 90lbs but the quick adjustments on the lighter shit is nice for warm ups

>dat cost

for 500 you could probably pay for like 2.5 years at a decentish gym

Don't do this user, seriously.
You're going to waist a shit ton of money on a lot of weights that you will never use.
Get hand grip bars for low weights, that takes care of pretty much everything under 50lbs.

You definitely do use the light weights for

a) warming up to heavier sets
b) lifts that never require heavy weights

The really light weights don't add much to the total cost anyway and are still useful for shit like rotator cuff exercises.

At least Bing pays me in Amazon Gift Cards to use their engine for shit like this.

How much a dollar cost?

This is what I did. They're pricey up front but it'll pay off long term. I put together a pretty decent gym in my garage for the cost of about 1.5 years membership at 24H Fitness. I went with the powerblocks instead of a full dumbbell set because military (moving a lot). Worth it.

Buy these.
There are heavier ones too. Cost more though but if you're dyel tier you wont need them for awhile.

Buying specific weighted dumbbells would be dumb as fuck.

Or these.
Seriously, anything besides an actual fucking rack filled with worthless shit wasting space.

A rack of dbs is vastly superior don't kid yourself. Those are just great for poorfags.

Waste of space, money, and time.

>time

Wut

kek

Maybe you like having piles of standard plates laying around and having to spin off four twice every time you change the weight.

Just grabbing the db off the rack is convenient as fuck. Also feels more solid and doesn't have a handle sticking out the end.

It takes literally seconds and doesn't take up a stupid amount of room. Will also save you a few hundred you can use for actual plates and a better bench/rack, which is much more important.

Fucking google it
>What the fuck makes you think this is what Veeky Forums is for?

could always just buy multiple dumbbell handles or something. those are like 15 bucks each.

It doesn't take literal seconds unless you don't warm up. A single lift can involve spinning and un spinning handles several times. It's not like a barbell where you just slap the weight on each end and go.

that's true and you will do that anyway so you're not doing low weight lifts on an 18" handle but then you also have to have more plates to keep multiple sets.

And it's still nerve racking catching a dumbbell on your leg with a metal bar sticking out the end.

And sometimes you might just wanna warm up woth more/less or do work with a different amount that day. I vary my weight quite a bit so it's nice being able to grab the exact weight and not readjust every time.

Plus spinlocks come loose while lifting which is annoying.

>piles of standard plates laying around
You realise you'll get vastly more range with plates than a rack with an entire dumbell for every increment, right? Meaning the former takes up way less space?
If you're too lazy to take 3 seconds to change plates, I can't imagine how you're finding the will to workout.

What's a pycost?
What's a henway?
What's a dikfore?

and nothing of value was lost.

Yawn. It doesn't take three seconds. At all. It takes a minute at least and that's if you lift the same weight every day. I have a power rack, flat bench, olympic plates and barbell. It's far quicker to change those weights than spinlocks.

I actually grew up on spinlocks. I had a bench press and standard bar with db handles. It's great when you have nothing but shit compared to everything else.

>Warming up with dumbells
lmao

>A minute
Wow, all that time, lost. There is a huge line behind you right?
Have like 3 handles you can change the weights on. Super easy, minimal changing.
If you warm up with more than 2 different weights on fucking dumbells you're doing it wrong.

So buy yourself some steel-capped shoes and live on the edge

I have a 35 pound dumbell and just tie on a heavier weight with some shoe laces

Yes there are people who can lift several hundred pounds with dumbbells and noob lifters need to warm up with low weights as well.

Have fun with your piles of handles, plates and spinlocks laying around while I have everything on a self contained rack.

Also no coming loose and no handle sticking out.

Hell there are plenty of sets out there where you don't even have to worry about spring clips shitting out on you

>Have fun with your piles of handles, plates and spinlocks laying around while I have everything on a self contained rack.

You can put plates on a rack and leave hex's lying around just as easily. That's not a matter of which one is better, that's a matter of personal organisation.

So you're going to avoid hex dbs because the rack takes up too much space but then you're going to get a rack to organize all your plates, handles and collars

lmao @ you're life, kid

>several hundred pounds with dumbbells
Where do I get 350lbs dumbbells?
> I have everything on a self contained rack.
Okay, so do I. Wasn't a huge waste of money either.

300,000 ftfy

>Where do I get 350lbs dumbbells
you build them. they're called pro dbs.
> Okay, so do I. Wasn't a huge waste of money either
No you don't. You have to take the plates off and build them back up and take them apart and put them away each time. I just toss the thing back.

Spinlocks have only one positive
> poorfag

forgot pic

>No you don't.
I do.
I only use dumbbells for maybe 3 things. They're way less important than literally everything else. The minute or two to swap out and spin isn't an inconvenience at all.
Plus I have 3 handles. Set them up beforehand and that's pretty much all I need.

you could have just said you use dbs for bitchweight lifts only and skipped pretending like you had valid input

Barbell is better in practically every way aside from stability and flys.

nobody cares barbell boy

Just buy more handles moron, they're cheap as fuck

Very debatable.

yes more handles but then you need to buy more plates and have more shit laying around

If you had to pick between a barbell or a dumbbell the choice is pretty obvious.

The plates are also cheap as fuck. then buy a weight rack its cheaper than a dumbell rack

They're cheaper, yes. This is the only clear advantage.

Well, if you have the money just buy anything you want, a dumbell rack would look pretty neat in your home gym

Well no shit, but dumbbells have clear advantages over bars on most of the lifts people use them for.

What lifts? I can only think of flys and skullcrushers. Everything else can be done with a barbell in some way.
Hell even skull crushers work with a barbell.

"Able to be done" does not mean done as well as or better. DB bench and shoulder press are the biggest examples. The added necessity of stabilizing muscles as well as freedom of motion make the DB versions more intense and effective. DB bench especially, because your ROM isn't limited by the bar hitting your chest. Plus you can work your core more if you do shit like one arm incline DB bench

>6 million
thats what they want u to think user

How you do that bro

How much does delivery cost

Just get 2 dumbells that you can put 50mm plates on.
That whay you can just throw on some of the plates you use for your barbell and not waste money on a whole rack.

>one credit each survey
>need 475 for 5 bucks
are you literally a slave?

Already covered that up here Also, plates can be easily and neatly stacked on the floor, hex's can't

Kek

You didn't cover that. You're buying a rack to store your extra handles, collars and plates. You no longer save space.

And you have to neatly and easily take them apart after each use and restack them every time. I just throw the db back on the rack and move onto my barbell lifts.

>You're buying a rack to store your extra handles, collars and plates. You no longer save space.

How retarded are you? A small set of plates will give you all the variation of the millions of hex dbs in your OP pic, ultimately saving shit loads of space. How do you not understand this?

What a joke. How can you change the weight of something by twisting a dial on the end of the dumbbell.

You retards will believe anything.