twitter.com/negrosubversive/status/883734574861344774

isaac newton is the one that people claim discovered the inverse square law

but it could of just been an african in timbuktu that didn't tell anyone

WE

WUZ

FILOSIFFERS

INTELLECTUALZ

N SHIIIEEETTTTT

But it's true...i mean there could of been an african guy before newton that discovered universal gravitation before him

Yeah and there could be a fucking teapot orbiting the sun and we'd have no way of knowing it
Retard

If your discovery isn't spread and do not contribute to anything, it s shit, it's like writing a book that will never be read

>there could have been an african who discovered the universal law of gravitation
He would need to know enough about mathematics that he would have to be a learned man, who would have left behind records of his discovery and conferred with his peers on the matter, and then they would have written it down. We habe no archeological evidence that happened, and the burden of proof rests with you.

WE WUZ MAFFAMATISHANZ N SHEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!

The problem is that while the basic concept is true, that someone somewhere could have had a strange idea first and simply didn't write it down, there is a universe of difference between a vague idea and a proper model.

Democritus was arguably the first person to have the concept of the atom, which he arrived at purely by thought experiment ["Is there a point where, when cutting an object, further divisions become impossible?"], but that doesn't mean he could prove it empirically or model it mathematically.

Some kang in Africa might have posed the question "What if there is some invisible force that causes the planets, stars, sun, and moon to revolve the around the Earth?" [for I doubt he would know geocentrism is false], but that doesn't mean he could claim credit as the first man to discover "universal gravitation".

Such men, when they are discovered by the history of science, usually get a Democritus-sized paragraph homage in the history of thought, but the benefit of proper discovery is given to the person who actually proved or figured out the concept, not the first person to propose a similar idea.

Quality post right here

I agree. There also could have been an african guy that discovered your mom's vagina before your dad.

this right here

same reason why Hooke doesn't get alot of credit for the inverse square law,

he might of stated it, but Newton actually put the idea to fruition

I invented FTL travel but just haven't told anyone or have any proof.

>the benefit of proper discovery is given to the person who actually proved or figured out the concept, not the first person to propose a similar idea.
unless a cheeky royal fellow steals your work and declares he figured it out in puberty

Could you expand

This is a pretty dumb idea, but the whole "there were people smarter than Einstein who died in sweat shops and cotton fields" makes sense and is really sad.

Inverse square law is pretty intuitive, tho. The maths behind proving it in theory wouldn't have been discovered in pre-Modern Africa, but the practical idea of it could have been understood.

Amazing to me that even the rare negros that appear to be intelligent enough to have abstract thoughts still can't manage to unbind themselves from this constant obsession with white people and desperately trying to discredit any European accomplishment they can. He's obviously too smart to spew complete nonsense like his Hotep brethren but still just can't get over this cultural butthurt that's been so ignrained in his psyche by his elders and peers.