Veeky Forums I really love beer. Do you love beer too?

Veeky Forums I really love beer. Do you love beer too?

How do you accommodate it into your diet and lifestyle? How bad is one beer on a night after lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3593480
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11912073
ijpp.com/IJPP archives/2006_50_3/291-296.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11163119
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6443186
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/202/3/676.short
alcoholjournal.org/article/0741-8329(84)90043-0/abstract
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Supposedly it affects protein synthesis. My stepdad drank rum every single night before bed and he was fucking massive. Mostly dont over do it as the excess calories and drunk munchies will make you a fat ass.

I love beer so much I work for and bartend at a brewery.
That said, I actually don't drink that much compared to my coworkers. I'm literally surrounded by free bar all day, but I only drink if I'm not lifting that day and even then, it's rarely more than 1 beer. I guess, it's all about prioritizing. I only drink if I have nothing productive planned for the rest of the day, including lifting, study, errands, etc.
One beer isn't going to destroy your gains, but I wouldn't recommend having more than a couple beers a week if you're fitness-minded.

I only drink 1 beer, once a week. I love the taste of beer. Some of that Dark German Ale is delicious

If I want to get drunk I drink heavy spirits.

>Dark German ale
Do you mean stuff like Dunkels, Bocks, and Schwarzbier? Those are all lagers m8. Now a Weizendoppelbock (Aventinus comes to mind), that's a mean ale. I wish I could find more of that German and Baltic stuff here in the States.

Beer always fucks with my recovery. I used to deadlift on Friday and then have a couple beers that night and I would feel like shit all weekend.

good massive or bad massive?

>Supposedly it affects protein synthesis
>>literally does after 24 hours
>My stepdad drank rum every single night before bed and he was fucking massive
>>anecdotal evidence!!!! MUST BE TRUEE

What do you mean after 24 hours?

The laws of thermodynamics would suggest that you can't actually gain more mass than what you consume. Human biology suggests that you can't metabolize water into fat (or muscle). Since beer is almost all water. with a very small part being dissolved solids, at most you can gain the mass of dissolved solids in the beer. Lets say that a generous estimate would put beer at 95% water. That means for every pound of beer you consume you at gaining 0.05 pounds of mass. But not 100% of that gets turned into fat because the human body isn't 100% efficient. So lets say worst care 80% of that gets metabolized into fat. That means if your body were to turn all of the beer you drink into fat at the top rate at which it's able (which is unlikely) for every 1 pound of beer you drink you gain 0.04 pounds of fat.

Most people think that drinking alcohol makes you fat, but it's usually the high sugar content of many cocktails and the general lack of a health focused life style that makes heavy drinkers fat. One beer will hardly effect you at all, especially if you maintain a good diet and exercise routine.

Are you okay dude?

I'm more of a liquor person, don't really like the taste of beer. I'll drink some whiskey or bourbon and get buzzed, then drink a little throughout the night to keep it going.

That bloated beer drunk gut makes me feel like garbage.

Veeky Forums how bad is a 750ml bottle of brown liquor every other week or so? Is it killing my weight loss goals?

A lot. For example Jack Daniels is 65 calories an oz. There are 25.63 oz in a fifth totaling ovee 1500 calories.

>oz
pls go

I drink more wine than beer tbph, no more than two glasses a day

Beer is good too; every man has his own preference.

this, my dad is a complete alcoholic but is more shredded than 99% of 52 year olds.

If you count your calories and get enough protons, drink away faggot, you're fine.

Moderate alcohol consumption probably doesn't affect your lifting

Getting shitfaced every week will, also fuck with your hormones.

Been a hard drinking guy before I started lifting. Had either a bottle of wine or 3 beers each and every night. Was at hte brink of an addiction. Nowadays I may have a beer once in a while after some cheat meal.

I fuckin love Einstok. I work in boozy advertising, so 1-2 beers at lunch once or twice a week is mandatory. I had a bad week earlier in the month & drank a couple of beers every day & still lost a bit of weight. I control diet & lift x3. I've got kids so I rarely drink in the evenings anymore. It does make me less productive in the evenings when I finally get some free time.

Alcohol:

The metabolization process of alcohol tends to reduce the amount of coenzyme NAD+, which is an essential part of the electron donoring process necessary for steroidogenesis.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3593480

Alcohol can also increase the release of beta-opioid-endorphins from the brain and stimulate the hormone prolactin, both of which can negatively affect testosterone production.

Oxidative damage increases thorough the body in response to alcohol consumption, this leading to localized reduction of testosterone in the gonads and also indirect reduction via increased cortisol levels.

ijpp.com/IJPP archives/2006_50_3/291-296.pdf

Chronically high intake of alcohol is notorious for its effects in increasing the aromatase enzyme, which converts testosterone into estrogen, causing a “feminized” effect in the male body.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11163119

Heavy alcohol consumption has been linked to lowered testosterone levels in humans.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6443186
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/202/3/676.short
alcoholjournal.org/article/0741-8329(84)90043-0/abstract

Don't take the liquid jew

>If I want to get drunk I drink heavy spirits.

Why is this better than getting drunk on beer?

Less calories for the same amount of alcohol.

nothing makes me fatter than alcohol. drinking a few times a week makes me a fat shit.

less calories

Ah OK. Thx.

Love Beer, but it made me and my gf fat asses. I still drink a beer or two on the weekend, Saturdays only. Had to cut out drinking anything during the week.

If I feel like I want the taste of beer, I might have a nearbeer, but as anyone whos had near beer can tell you, its not remotely the same. Only 50 calories though...