Why do people even pay for expensive ass fitness equipment when you can make your own dumbbell and weights with cement...

why do people even pay for expensive ass fitness equipment when you can make your own dumbbell and weights with cement for almost free?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZz3y6r-5H8
youtu.be/PCb9QKbk92E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Cause u can't drop them you fucking fag

People don't want their ghetto shit breaking and falling on their face

So that I don't get killed by cement to the face

Why would you drop your weights , faggot ?

Lol just laughed at picturing someone stoning themselves with one.

yeah I'd prefer getting killed by iron to the face

>dropping a weight

What are you a powerlifter or a pussy afraid to squeeze his last powers to put the weight down without dropping it, even after his very last rep ?

Cement isn't as heavy as iron

>why do people even pay for expensive ass fitness equipment when you can make your own dumbbell and weights with cement for almost free?

because I work and earn more than enough to buy a set of 20€ db's. also dont have the time for retarded shit like that.

w/e retard lol

>youtube.com/watch?v=DZz3y6r-5H8
Stop being a pussy

>Cement isn't as heavy as iron

Are you retarded and claiming that 1lb of iron DOES NOT EQUAL 1lb of cement?

1lb is 1lb. Fucktard.

His point is iron is denser than cement so a 20lb dumbbell made of cement will be huge and that might be unwieldy

They say dying from trauma to the head (crushed,shot,smacked,etc.) is the most painful experience ever

And my biggest fear is having to live the instant i die over and over again for eternity

So fuck that favela-tier shit

You go on ahead and try it report back when you are doing flyes and smack the weights against each other at the top then they break and cave your face in

I use to rape guys like you in prison.
No it's not.

Are you retarded?

yes Iam

I hope that's what he wanted to say then.

>No it's not.

YES IT IS YOU FKN IDIOT!

Be gentle senpai

how is getting shot in the head painful? you die instantly.

>why do people even pay for expensive ass fitness equipment
Weights and gym equipment aren't expensive, especially not barbells and dumbbells

>when you can make your own dumbbell and weights with cement for almost free?
They cost around the same if you buy second hand and since you need 5x the space for concrete as you do with standard materials you're basically paying the same for less

Home made equipment is for people who don't really want to lift. It's for people who want to lift up to about 50kg and haven't thought about after that point or don't care.

Also far more risk of injury, far more time and effort required, etc

No benefit to using cheap shit at all afaik other than MAYBE marginal price difference

No,you don't

You will feel a really fucking hot and fast piece of dense metal smack your head and will live with that pain for the next minute or two,immobile

You're pretty fucking stupid, aren't you?

>making permanent weights out of concrete
>not placing buckets of water across a broomstick and benching that

The weight is adjustable and you really work your stabilizers from all the water sloshing around

Why do you buy protein shakes if you can suck your own cum. c'mon user you are more clever than this.

To be fair you can get like 5 milliliters from a big load, Holy Grail notwithstanding.
It's a better use of your time to buy whey protons.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Wait, you think 1lb of cement doesn't equal 1lb of iron?

Are you retarded?

>yo nigga how much you bench
>"88 litres"

193 lb bench isn't that bad. Not bragging rights but respectable.

Although I'm DYEL so what the fuck do I know.

>not curling lmao3cokes

No, are you?

Not him and I think home made weights are mostly retarded, but 1L water == 1KG

He was making a simple jest, user, but seeing as you are autistic I understand how you may have missed it

if you're gonna do this at least put double handles on them so they can spin freely as you curl

I was 15 when I hit the 1/2/3/4 Gallon Club.

Because concrete mix is expensive and so is any metal pole strong enough to support all that weight.

Cement is porous. The holes mean that a 20lb dumbbell of cement is actually closer to 18lb.

Here is a list of the people in this thread that are not fit to father children:
1. The guys who are too obnoxious and weak to put their weights on the ground like a normal human being.
2. The people who can't grasp the concept of 1lb = 1lb. There have been people who were paralyzed by bales of hay falling on them in barns. Why? because regardless of how heavy a handful of hay is, it will still hurt you if 50lbs of hay falls on your head.

You can get 30 grams of protein from a fist sized piece of chicken or 30 grams of protein from 10 bowls of broccoli. They both give you the same amount of protein but one is more efficient than the other. A 30lbs dumbbell made of iron is going to be smaller than a 30lbs dumbbell made of cement even though they're both the same weight. Don't be such a fucking retard.

Size does not equal weight you ass hat. If you weigh the cement on a scale, the scale is not going to lie to you. Again, size, density, and weight are three different things.

But 50lbs of hay is going to take up a lot more volume than 50lbs of iron. Go to the gym with 50 fucking lbs of hay and ask someone to curl that monstrosity instead of the neat little iron dumbbell they're holding. You're so fucking stupid.

When did i talk about size? I'm talking about the pores in cement which cause it to weigh less.

Not same user here, but he never made any claims about size. 30 lb's of cement are going to be just as heavy as 30 lbs of steel.

You still don't get it.
If you make a set of cement weights, they will have to be bigger because of the pores as you point out, but it's not going to be such an inconveniant size difference that it even matters.

>"Let's make dumbbells out of Styrofoam!"
>"That won't work dumbass. Styrofoam is lighter than iron."
>"ONE POUND IS ONE POUND OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO DUMB JUST KILL YOURSELF"
Go make a 30lbs dumbbell out of Styrofoam and tell me how fun it is to lift that. Oh wait, you can't. Even thought 30lbs of Styrofoam is equal to 30lbs of iron, the Styrofoam takes up significantly more space than the iron and is impossible to properly because STYROFOAM IS LESS DENSE THAN IRON.

I was using it as an analogy you autist. Cement is still dense enough that you can still make conveniantly sized weights and still build muscle.

No dude

They will never be as heavy. A 20lb dumbbell of cement is around 18lbs. A 50lb dumbbell of cement is around 45 lbs. This is due to the porous nature of cement. Do you really not understand this?

>comparing styrofoam to cement
You are autistic.

3. The ones too poor to buy even fucking dumbbells

Holy shit, your skull is thick as fuck. If it weighs 20 pounds, it weighs 20 pounds. If it weighs 18 pounds, then it weighs 18 pounds. Did you guys flunk out of school in 3rd grade or something?

Kek on all the trolls ITT and zealots who baited.

especially this guy

lol

Agreed. That should be third on my list. Along with
4.too poor to spend money on weights, yet spends the time to make cement weights rather than working a few hours at a regular job so that you can actually feed your starving kids.

Even though I know you're trolling, you make the dumbbell larger to account for cements porous nature. 20 pounds is 20 pounds. It's like that old 20 pounds of bricks and 20 pounds of feathers thing. Asshole.

What the FUCK are you talking about?

ITT: autists getting baited

You're not even the same fucking person.
Who are you fooling.

And where in the shit are you pulling these ridiculous scenarios from.

Oh you're too cheap to buy REAL WEIGHTS? So that means you'll let your children starve!

>whey protons

That's only if you don't die immediately from being shot in the head. There are documented cases where a person is extremely "lucky" and can survive being shot in head but more often than not these were extreme flukes and they shouldn't even be alive right now.

>What's getting shot from behind the ear
>What is literally any caliber other than a .22 or 9mm from at the very end of it's effective range

Density. What is it.

Y'all bitches don't even curl 100 kg of pure Flintstone's car wheels

youtu.be/PCb9QKbk92E

ok. *wipes face* let's start from here:
>cement is not as heavy as iron
iron is heavier than cement.
If you had equal volumes, iron is heavier.
a possible exception is heavyweight cement
>making dumbbells with cement gud
no. cement is not like iron.
iron is very resistant to strain, such as snapping, shear, etc. and short of melting will not give up the properties that make it resistant to breaking apart.
cement is not resistant to all kinds of strain.
some kinds of strain, yes, but usually cement is reinforced with, for example, metal bars.
cement itself, will probably break under the stress of it's own weight.
Please do not use cement for a dumbbell.
It may seem cool at first, but it could potentially fracture and break, and chunks of cement would rain down on your head/foot/face/body.
Over time, the chances of it happening increase.
Instead, use a bag of sand, water, etc. if you are a cheap skate. Or bench a car, a sofa with people sitting on it, etc. or just use your imagination.

grocery bags do the job very well.

Shouldn't have tripped to post this. Now everyone knows you're legit retarded

as do iron barrels filled with toxic waste.

Same here kek

>you really work your stabilizers from all the water sloshing around

Actually chuckled

Ok guys, serious question.
You know those cheap weights that are plastic casings filled with cement ?
When buying them, you pay most for shipping. Is there a place in can buy these sturdy plastic 45lb/20kg casings myself and pour my own plates ?

Did you know you can just push down with your left and pull up with your right to do curls with no weights??

mind = blown

It's a scientifically confirmed fact that a lb of diamond weights around 5lb because the atoms are packed very densely, so why not.

it's scientifically confirmed that a hanful or iron weighs more than a handful of concrete because the atoms are packed very densely, so why not?