strengtheory.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-for-squat-2-0/
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10671315.1978.10615522
jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/05/29/west-of-westside/
youtube.com/watch?v=-DDGy8cTRm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xnd for sheiko is a meme program

3rd for "Deadlift is too taxing to train frequently" is the worst meme

but it is

Is it possible to cut and gain muscle/strength at the same time while natty?

I keep seeing the "I lost 20lbs and improved my total by 100lbs!" meme on IG and fitness websites

Are deadlift from boxes a meme on sheiko? I feel like I should just do 80% 5x3 deadlifts with 3x4 assistance, such as paused or deficits.

Having nothing but deadlift to knees or from boxes on #37 is way too fucking memey for my tastes

enjoy your artificial ceiling bud.

MAX OUT. EVERY DAY. YOU CANT FUCKING STOP MEEEEEEEEE

>do more bench and squat volume than dl
>hardest time recovering from dl
still train it twice a week but damn its a bitch to come back from

Experimenting with not going so low to avoid buttwink due to an old disc injury. Don't really have a feel for it yet, but is this low enough?

youtube.com/watch?v=L0zQ11M-LDo

I don't think it's a meme, but I do think that it doesn't work as well if you don't REALLY focus on having very strict form off the boxes and for the stops at the knee.

Like, you should be pausing a LEGIT 2-Mississippi count at the knee for each rep for the deadlift to knee exercise. If you cheat it, you defeat the whole point of the exercise.

I also think that you should not expect much from deadlift at the skills test, but you can expect a PR after the competition cycle concludes.

IDK, sheiko has helped my deadlift a decent amount

boardshorts and some others were suggesting you hit heavy deads once a week and then go full potato with hamstring, glute and back work.

impossible to say from this angle
anything from yes to borderline to no

Why aren't we watching worlds?

Skip to 2:00

youtu.be/-X1GkG2YgXw

Seems fine. But have you experimented with not squatting like a retard?

Hip drive and head/chest down is a meme perpetuated by a fat old guy who destroyed his body by following his own advice.

Keep your head up in the squat, and when you come out of the hole, don't let your back angle change by "hip drahving". Just push hard into your legs and imagine your hips are on a rail and go straight up or down, with the chest angle remaining constant. It will be much healthier on your back

mike t squats similarly

Will replacing squats on sheiko with box squats still grant me squat gainzzz for when I'm not injured? I can do box squats painlessly but not normal squats

Or follow a regular training protocol where you cycle volume > strength transition > peaking instead of following weekly periodization schemes like a lemon

Right, that's my understanding as well and that's why I'm trying this out. This is a set from last week and you can see that I have significant buttwink, i.e. changing of the spinal curve and it was starting to ache chronically, hence why I'm now addressing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tbxSziHNfaM

youtube.com/watch?v=Uxp58WvcWdw

i know this has been posted, but holy shit Pete is a monster.
caveats
>yes it's a noodle bar
>yes he drinks steroids
>yes he's wearing straps
>no this isn't in competition

still, it's 920.

even made an OP from this video

different training levels, goals, preferences, etc

Mike T at least keeps his back angle constant throughout the squat and he trains high bars.

Low-bar or high bar, you want to use primarily the legs to move the weight. If you have trouble visualizing this in a low-bar squat, then simply do not allow your back angle to change during the movement.

Legs and hips together. Hipdrahve is a meme. Common lads.

See

guys maybe you can help me

did canditoe 6 week TWICE on a bulk with proper diet and so on and...ended both with worst states on all lifts (bench, squat and deads)

move to 6 week russian squat routine and did it TWICE with same results (only 10 pounds more on squat, same dead and 5 pound on bench and 3 kilo more on BW)

question is WHAT THE HELL, why can't I progress on these programs? nevermind with memeko if I didn't get gains on a 6week program why would I try a 3 month plan

came from SS then TM and then advanced TM until it no longer works

I have. However, I have extremely asymmetrical ankle flexion (i.e. my right ankle dorsiflexion is shit) which causes stress on my right knee and leads to tendinitis/pain due to poor tracking.

The low bar squat is mechanically a lot easier on the knees due to the greater hamstring recruitment to balance out the sheer force from the quads, so for now it's my squat of choice.

And looking down in the low bar squat makes mechanical sense as it's the position that puts the upper spine in a neutral position given the more horizontal back angle. I don't care if it looks retarded; it makes sense.

Not those guys, but I've personally done both approaches and both work. Just pick one and stick to it for 12 weeks at a time

>Mike T at least keeps his back angle constant throughout the squat
youtube.com/watch?v=BrGIh84HBzg
lol no
>he trains high bar
no he doesnt wtf

>levels, goals, preferences, etc
Only preference would matter there. Periodization is objectively superior when done in larger blocks than a single week.

rolo is really cringy

>Hipdrahve is a meme
somewhat. 'knees out' is a better cue that accomplishes the same goal.

>objectively
well just do what you know is right, man

agreed.

when i was 12 the doctors thought i had symptoms of epilepsy.

sean is cringe

>random email of someone pretending to be Sean saying gay shit

Seems legit

Stupid fucking alchoholic. I bet he has literally 0 friends in real life and has never touched a girl in a romantic way, especially with that hairline and faggy voice

oh man, is this from some kind of "odd lifts" autismfed?

I'm and have a fairly decent squat (230 kg) so maybe I can advise.

I've also done the Russian Squat Routine and had terrible results as well as injury. That sort of volume is met for a full-time genetically awesome weightlifter on roids.

The #1 thing that has helped me with all my lifts is a reduction in volume. Right now, I squat once a week and do a single set of 5 and that's it. Still linearly increasing 2kg/session. Sometimes I'll do a second light session (80% or something) or do front squats.

I've found this approach is also helping my loads with press/BP, although for those lifts I do 3x5 on the first week, 3x3 on the second week, and repeat. Also only once a week each.

I've found limiting the frequency of the core lifts to just once per week and augmenting with loads of assistance work (close grip bench, rows, chins/pull ups, curls, tricep extensions, etc) has been the most effective programming post SS.

>that projection

He trains high bad nowadays because his hips are #rekt and he has always been a proponent of the SSB, aka high bar.

You have one (1) new message alert!

There is not a significant degree of hamstring recruitment in a proper squat, and if there is, it means you have muscular imbalances that needs to be addressed

strengtheory.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-for-squat-2-0/

Re: neutral spine, perhaps. But when you look at a spot on the ground two feet in front of you, you actually aren't putting the spine into a neutral position, you're putting it into flexion. The cervical spine, at "neutral" actually sits in a relatively large degree of extension and the torso should not incline so much as to lower your head to a significant degree. Besides, better squatters are more upright: tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10671315.1978.10615522

I really wish people would stop taking Rip's advice as gospel. His claims make logical sense, yes, but they're based on erroneous assumptions. If the assumption is erroneous, his entire argument goes out the window.

Regardless of squat style, you should be squatting as upright as possible and with your legs as much as possible.

Requesting pictures of twink alex

where you look doesnt fucking matter and you should choose what works best for you, no rippe isnt gospel but everything he says isnt 100% wrong either

the main thing rippe fucks up is dogmatism

I love you

He trains high bar now because he's fucked up from years of only low-barring. And he always advocated an upright squat that targets the quads more heavily than hips.

Because. How strong your quads are HEAVILY influence what you squat. This isn't a new thing. Guys like Dan Green talk about it too:

jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/05/29/west-of-westside/

#8 in that article. ^

Lol im so fucking depressed

Let me just take this opportunity to thank the guy who posted the duffin vids on bracing and squatting yesterday. They helped me out immensely today

>dogmatism
i mean he isn't the only one either. many youtubers make it seem like one way is the best way.

>you should be squatting as upright as possible and with your legs as much as possible.
idk where along the way the powerlifting community forgot how important quads are to all of this. i think westside and their multi-ply lifters had a lot to do with perpetuating the 'posterior chain' idea with reverse hypers and all that good stuff to the point where everyone assumed you don't need quad work as long as you're hammering your hammies every session

Just your average bong """"powerlifters""""

right i dont think him training high bar due to injuries sustained over a decade is that relevant here
>he always advocated an upright squat
where? people squatting like that user in the guided coaching calls dont get told to try and be more upright
>many youtubers make it seem like one way is the best way.
yes the whole industry is retarded, so much yo uhave to filter to get good info

>that article will NEVER drop again and inspire threads full of conversations in old /plg/

That was me, Sean

You're welcome

There is not a significant degree of hamstring recruitment in a proper squat, and if there is, it means you have muscular imbalances that needs to be addressed
>strengtheory.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-for-squat-2-0/

That very article talks about how the low bar squat recruits more of the hamstrings due to the more horizontal back angle. This obviously makes sense since the position requires that the hamstrings are in a more elongated state, so they can contract more. And since you know I was talking about hamstring involvement in the low bar squat, and not the high bar squat, you're wrong.

So for a high bar squat, sure hammies are deemphasized. And the extreme of that is the front squat which uses almost no hamstrings at all since you're so vertical that your hammies cannot contract anymore. That's why the high bar squat makes your ass so sore: it's the only thing left to open up the hips.

Anyway, I haven't read the entire article and at the moment I'm not interested in it: my reasons for low bar squatting are because it's easier on my knee. Greater hamstring involvement is in support of that.

thanks for your response, in fact first time I did the squat routine it was "good" and added to my max justa little bit, BUT did the routine with deads too and I think that was too much

bench didn't move (why? I though volume will be good for this one)

I'll check your approach but I think is too little volume... you don't test max am I right?

here's another question:
normal way is cycle volume > strength transition > peaking but I've found in MY PERSONAL CASE that I lost a lot of strengh when I'm going into transition to peaking, I can't reach parallel on squats with my previous 90% or have trouble on bench with loads that I used before... why? seriously why the fuck? and thats why I can't get new PR

>the main thing rippe fucks up is dogmatism
he's not dogmatic at all, he's just tired of explaining things. he teaches the style he believes in the most, just like everyone else. he's not saying it's the only way.

>he's not saying it's the only way.
no that is pretty much how he puts it, his way is the only way and other ways are wrong

>I haven't read the entire article and at the moment I'm not interested in it
you shouldn't. nuckols has a tendency to be wrong about everything. it's amazing how he's able to consistently reach retarded conclusions.

Are restdays memes or is there such a thing as CNS-recovery.

W-what for?

Kindle for my fire

Just gonna dos you don't worry about it

its well enough researched, there is such a thing
problem is people mistake being a pussy with cns fatigue a lot of the time

Yes there is

They're sort of a meme, but also sort of necessary. You should not expect to be able to consistently add volume and intensity to your training without rest days. Maybe CNS fatigue is not real (science is up on the air on it) but there are TONS and TONS of very real anecdotes that constantly adding volume and intensity without any deloads will eventually injure you, and in a field as inexact as sports science, you should listen to those anecdotes.

Anyway, that said. General rule is that you cant train heavy compounds every day of the week. But if you break it up, you can train heavy compounds between 3-4x a week, and the extra days can be filled with smaller muscle groups and conditioning/cardio.

>idk where along the way the powerlifting community forgot how important quads are to all of this
literally only americans actually believe this

Cmon 0 get!

The reason americans believe that is because:

Westside said you only need back strength and a posterior chain to squat big weights

Rippetoe said you only need low bars and a strong posterior chain to squat big weights

Rest of the world that got its lifting culture from russia, understands that the squat is a LEG movement and that you should train your leg strength (quads) if you want to move big weights.

Is that like a dox but instead of releasing my info you release a cool operating system based off me?

rolling for filip

are there any negative side effects when squatting atg? Idk when I break parallel so I just squat deep

What is denial of service attack for 600, homosexual Alex

Rerolling for my princess

Yeah I've been thinking though about having compounds at a lower %of1RM as easy days, maybe having 1 hard day each week and a couple medium as well as easy days. Im thinking doing squatting at

>Rest of the world that got its lifting culture from russia, understands that the squat is a LEG movement and that you should train your leg strength (quads) if you want to move big weights

Kek. Hamstrings are part of your leg too you fucking retard. And are the bigger muscle.

youtube.com/watch?v=-DDGy8cTRm0

>hair uncovered
0/10, stone the filthy whore

Any good resource on single ply gear? I duno what the fuck the difference between a super katana and a f6 is

>The bigger muscle

Are you retarded? The hamstrings are MUCH smaller than the quadracepts, even in relatively untrained individuals. They're also primarily a knee flexor, not an extensor, like the quads.

Squatting is knee and hip extension in unison. What are the prime movers in those actions? Quads and glutes, respectively. Hamstrings and erectors stabilize the system.

Lads, please crack open an anatomy book once in a while.

where's trappy?

Ily trappy

literal who

Trappy my princess trappy

>here's another question:
>normal way is cycle volume > strength transition > peaking but I've found in MY PERSONAL CASE that I lost a lot of strengh when I'm going into transition to peaking, I can't reach parallel on squats with my previous 90% or have trouble on bench with loads that I used before... why? seriously why the fuck? and thats why I can't get new PR
How do you set up your training?

sean is gay?

No lmao just someone pretending to be me saying gay shit, What's new

What's your opinion on trappy beta orbiting? It's a lot more frequent and you never seem to ever be present when it occurs and you never mention it?

do you perhaps take your trip off?

LMAO you're a faggot

Nice projection

says the homo who begged for dick pics from an 18 year old boy

Facts arent projections

I'm going to assume you're the one who pretended to be me and did that so not only is that a strong projection it's also a strong obsession lol

Still mad at me for exposing you as Esmeralda's beta orbiter I see

>facts
Pic related is all the facts you have

Please note how there is no pic

>the golden age of Veeky Forums is over

>golden age
>Veeky Forums
hmm...

6 WEEK CYCLE / 3 TIMES PER WEEK
cycle volume > strength transition > peaking

first 3 weeks with 80% on all lifts starting with 6x2 (sets/reps) and adding a rep until last day which is 6x6 (except diddly which I trained with halft of the volume of squat) with easy days of 6x2 as recovery between sessions

-russian squat routine pretty much-

then a peaking with higher intensity at 5x5 then 4x4, 3x3 and 2x2 (with your previous max on that lift), alsso with easy days with 6x2 at your 80% in between days

problem is that I was almost dead on 6x5 6x6 days of squats AND I noticed I was weak for the heavy loads of 4x4 3x3 and 2x2 and even if I complete the sets/reps on these weeks, failed completely on testing new max

I though it was fatigue and rested but no difference (runned this routine 3 times with poor results and the SAME fucking problem towards the end)

The super katana is a much better shirt.

if you have a choice between a (regular) katana and an f6, go for the katana because it's a better design, as in the way the material is cut and sewn. But the material is the same (NXG)

The super katana is the katana but with a thicker, heavier (read better/stiffer) material (NXG+).

There is also a low cut collar super katana which is effectively a double ply shirt in single ply technically. You'll understand when you see it.

Always go for angled sleeves. Straight sleeved is for memers

the bit when it was peaking in popularity a few years ago, it was more fun when it was faster and there was more shitposting, or at least original shitposting. now there's much too much advice giving, which is what Veeky Forums really shouldn't do.

You shouldn't threaten people, especially with illegal activities :^)

I think trappy was a good, friendly poster who provided quality on topic discussion. It sucks that she's gone. That being said, the orbiting is obviously way out of hand and really annoying. I think the best thing to do is just ignore it until it goes away.

So normal RSR? RSR is pretty short and basic, it's good for a limited amount of people. The middle weeks with high volume high intensity will be absolute hell for many who try it and the structure of the program is more based on cool looking numbers than on science or sport knowledge. Maybe try some more traditional powerlifting program like sheiko, TSA, RTS etc that focuses more on submaximal work and skill in the competition movements.