MAKE Veeky Forums GREAT AGAIN - GENERAL THREAD #1

Veeky Forums has been deteriorating over the past few years and we all know it. An unacceptable proportion of posts on this board suggest a lack of fundamental fitness knowledge. Advice rooted in fact has given way to misc-tier broscience. "Eating fat makes you fat", "dietary cholesterol raises cholesterol", etc are commonly uttered in total disregard of the sticky and basic results of scientific research.

The board has also succumbed to r9k/redpill/sluthate-tier tendencies of surrendering to genetics. Yes, genetics play a role and the chad memes are great. But recently board culture has shifted to one of wallowing in self-pity, attributing failure to genetics and believing most goals are impossible. It is ironic that so many users of this board now point to genetics just like the Tumblr SJW fat acceptance movement does.

I long for the days of oldfag Veeky Forums. Inspired by the recent project on Veeky Forums, we must start a movement to make Veeky Forums great again. While it is true that CHAD eats PIZZA and manlets will never learn, it is more important to remember that we're all gonna make it. Zyzz be with us as we return to a state of knowledge and self-responsibility.

Important to discuss are the following:

(*) Ways to increase reading of the sticky - perhaps a refresh or update to generate interest? Creating a page that specifically intends to dispel common myths in a more direct format than the existing one?

(*) Generals - adding/removing/moderating

(*) Janning & modeation - what shit tier content should be removed on sight?

(*) And whatever else comes up in discussion

To arms, brothers!

holy fuck nigger you expect me to read all that shit

all boards on Veeky Forums were better back in the day. its cycles nigger youll learn to get used to it.

the only thing i can say is a hope newfawgs read the sticky and follow rippletits instead of just look at thread

my advice: join a powerlifting gym. youll thank me later

unless your goal is to look like dogshit you need more test in your system than what your body can naturally produce sorry man don't know what to tell ya

If you wanna make fit great then you're gonna need to post higher test than that.

>referencing the sticky as value
>referencing zyzz as an idol
>all those words just to say fit has become a cesspool which is obvious

The picture was the only thing of value in your post, learn to write.

Honestly OP I shitpost here most of the time but it's because most of the posts are shit and repetitive.

As someone said, most of hte people coming here are beyond saving and want to lose weight to be "out of dyel mode" and in reality end up at normal or average tier which is where a lot of us started a few years ago and think they've "made it". The odds are that we need to explain that in order to form a solid aesthetic, strength, and progress base you need to be working out for 2-3 years. In fact, while noob gains can carry someone throughout the first year, real aesthetic gains come from not only hard work but over all life changing experience.

You need to focus on what you want to improve, fix your posture, focus on form more than your programs pre-installed stats, eat right, and be generally more confident to do the things that make other people successful...but in your own way. Do you want to look like a movie star or just slay some fucking 7/10 pussy for a while and lose it all in 10 years?

I think if everyone would start using a trip code name it would benefit the board immensely.

>Ways to increase reading of the sticky
add another dinosaur!

Veeky Forums attracts people that like to day dream about being /fit. Fun fact, 99% of the people posting in fat hate threads are fatties. Just like people try to "buy" fitness by dropping three grand on a treadmill - but can't stop eating long enough to use it... so to do people "masturbate" to Veeky Forums ideals in online fantasies.

lets just link this board to bb.com forums then
get lost, tripfag

>Veeky Forums anonymous fitness board
>expecting quality posts

Every board on this website is just /b/ with a topic. Go find genuine fintress forums if you want quality

who here remembers quad? Probably the best trip this board ever had.

no

You'd be wrong.
If you want an identity then go be a fag in CBT.

Thats not how you spell trucrypt

Top kek fucking buffoon. You're dreaming a Veeky Forums that doesn't exist.
Fuck off with your general bullshit. You're a massive cretin. General kills boards. Look at /sp/ and /int/. One or two are fine but they shouldn't be encouraged
And this is Veeky Forums, not /R/healthandfitness or whatever. With bodybuilding.com they're moderated shithole. Let us have our more or less unmoderated shithole and go back to wherever you crawled from you utter moronic cumlsurping fool

did trucrypt ever make it or did he become an hero?

>all those words just to say fit has become a cesspool which is obvious
Eh, fuck off, he made worthwhile references to specific issues.

Trucrypt, quad, and tinytrip. Those were the days.

>Go find genuine fintress forums if you want quality
Ever browsed the big weightlifting and bodybuilding forums? Those things are full of the most over-roided overconfident airheads imaginable. I get along better with very masculine people, but the regulars on those forums are usually just morons.

Heard he went over to /sp/ and quit lifting apparently. Never made it ;_;

BUILD THE WALL
U
I
L
D

T
H
E

W
A
L
L

>implying the sticky is valuable

Also, like him or not, you cannot deny that Zyzz was representative of a collective board mindset that was significantly different (and far more productive) than today's

It's true that online communities decay as they get larger. I spend a greater deal of time on other chans these days. However, I feel that Veeky Forums as recently as 2013-14 was a significantly better board, while traffic has not significantly increased since then. Hence I feel that the board is redeemable to some extent.

I'm not saying that we should eradicate all shitposting. I thoroughly enjoy the degree of shit that is inherent in all imageboards. But if we can reduce it to appropriate levels (not ancient, but roll back the clock 2 years as I said) it could be significantly better

*implying the sticky isn't valuable

I've been medfagging for Veeky Forums since 2013.

I wouldn't say there is a fundamental lack of knowledge on here. Many things that Veeky Forums likes to parrot have some basis of truth.
Count your calories. Count your protein macros. Don't have a medical condition. Lift with incremental increases in weight according to a rigorous program to stimulate adaptation.

Stop pretending you have any idea about the quality of Veeky Forums. It's been the same way for years and years, and you aren't going to change jack shit by trying to force new rules on people.

People joking about pizza and chad is still preferable to /r9k/ beta feels threads disguised as /mental health general/

Nobody talks about genetics having anything to do with fat except the people baiting for responses by idiots (you)

Old Veeky Forums had like 3 trips worth a damn. You've no right to complain about the state of Veeky Forums's knowledge if you've browsed here for so long and have nothing to bring to the table yourself.

>trying to improve a Scandinavian belt loop weaving forum to not be shit

Kys

Might I ask what your trip is in this case? You yourself are posting on Anonymous

>Only tripfags can bring something to the table
kill yourself you massive mouthbreathing fucktard

I've never tripped. Basically if I'm wrong and don't have a trip, I never have to worry about tarnishing my reputation.
>I'm never wrong tho, it's not like Veeky Forums has complex physiological issues they need to discuss.

directly implied this, you cum-gurgling cock goblin retard

>Old Veeky Forums had like 3 trips worth a damn. You've no right to complain about the state of Veeky Forums's knowledge if you've browsed here for so long and have nothing to bring to the table yourself.

>worrying about tarnishing your reputation on a Manchurian butter-churning chatroom

>Directly implied this
Directly implied nothing, learn to read, dumbarse.

The other thing is that I don't have to provide sources for every little thing. Over the years there have been so many arts students who ask for sources about what is essentially scientific fact since like the 50's.

Imagine someone saying they are an ectomorph and can't gain weight. You say that's bullshit, somatotypes are bullshit and they aren't eating enough, and then they ask for sources and insist they are scientific anomalies that managed to wipe 2000 calories from existence without a physiological response.