Ctrl+f

>ctrl+f
>no shoes thread

Come on guys, what do you wear to the gym?

adidas superstars

Nothing better for squats and dead lifts and calve raises and well.. you're whole gym routine

Only if your gym routine consists of mainly sucking cock.

I have had the same £30 nike running shoes for the 5 years I've been lifting.

Obviously take them off for the big lifts.

That's cool, I'll keep my 18" calves, manlet

Being fat isn't an achievement breh

Yeah I'm super fat, stay salty little man

I've been squatting in fivefingers and merrell trailgloves for a while now. I have very flexible ankles and always assumed that if you can reach ATG depth pseudo-barefoot then you won't need proper squatting shoes, since you already have the leverage.
That was wrong. The weighted squat isn't a natural movement, there's no point approaching it from a minimalist footwear perspective. Optimal biomechanical alignment is basically completely upright, and you won't ever get that upright angle unless your heel is raised and you're able to sit back at like a 90 degree angle.
Without a doubt, I have sabotaged my strength gains by using them for so long. I squat 3 plate for 3, at lower than normal ATG depth, but my quads are underdeveloped. To hold my balance at depth I had to lean forwards more, making it more of a posterior chain exercise.

For deadlifts they are great, and frankly they are comfy, but don't use them for squats.
I'm waiting on my adipowers, and I'm hoping for good things.

>insecure manlet getting his gay flippers BTFO

Don't blame it on the five fingers because you r doing the exercise wrong, there's pro lifters who squat barefoot because you're supposed to drive with your heel

Don't bullshit me.
No lifter who squats ATG and highbar squats barefoot for any significant amount of weight.

Just me or does this look like modernized Goku shoes

Anyway home gym so I lift barefoot

Damn dude you made yourself look stupid lol

>opinion on these?

Are these good for deads?

Forgot pic

I use the same shoes for playing football (indoors), handball and lifting.

Unless you run

Are you the midget from Game of Thrones?

No I'm the guy in your mom's bedroom telling your dad to come back in a half hour, are you his beta son?

>Come on guys, what do you wear to the gym?

pic related

>Reducing depth to compensate for being a puritan.
I'll admit, I drank the barefoot cool-aid, but I have the flexibility to reach proper depth, you lose the biomechanical advantage of a slightly inclined heel though.

Shitty drawn pic related. I realised even with flexible ankles, you can't have your back more vertical, because your centre of balance is further forward due to your knees being able to travel further forwards.
The only way to have the equivalent straightness of back is by deliberately limiting movement of the knee (depth)

did my dad come home last night? he left for the store 6 months ago.

You sure showed me.
Putting that image of yourself on an anonymous Korean kimchi making discussion forum was definitely worth the time it took.

Whew. Now, every time im on the shitter, I'll have flashbacks to how btfo I was this day, and all by cracker manlet.

Oh, I see, Jose, make sure you clean the carpets properly this time..

I don't want my wife complaining again when she comes back from work.

Can you guys rec me something? I was thinking of Chuck's but they aren't optimal.

Also money is an issue so something on the lower side

i've squatted barefoot until now but i'm very very close to getting adipowers.

Vibram USA, the company that makes FiveFingers running shoes, has agreed to settle a lawsuit that alleged the company made false and unsubstantiated claims about the health benefits of its glove-like footwear. According to the court filings, Vibram settled to put the matter to rest and avoid any additional legal expenses. “Vibram expressly denied and continues to deny any wrongdoing alleged in the Actions, and neither admits nor concedes any actual or potential fault, wrongdoing or liability,” read the court brief.

Valerie Bezdek brought the class action suit against Vibram in March 2012. She filed her complaint in Massachusetts, the state where Vibram’s U.S. headquarters are located. Bezdek alleged that Vibram deceived consumers by advertising that the footwear could reduce foot injuries and strengthen foot muscles, without basing those assertions on any scientific merit.

>want to buy proper lifting shoes
>"oh no you can't use those for anything other than squats"
>you gotta bring three pairs of shoes to the gym
fuck that

this is my only concern

can you actually do deads with squat shoes?

I tried to buy the PL2s a while ago and the build seemed fine. The problem is that the first two pairs they sent me were defective.
desu I'm not buying anythig from adidas until they implement some sort of quality control
WLers deadlift in heels all the time. Don't be a pussy

what's a good shoe if I just want an all around shoe to walk in the gym in since bare feet aren't allowed? I don't want a squat shoe or a oly lifting shoe or anything like that, just a regular shoe. All these "indoor shoes" tend to have that mushy foam feel you shouldn't squat with.
>inb4 chuck taylor
no

>actually have a pair of low ankle chuck taylors in the closet
>got them as a gift 8 years ago and never worn them
>don't want to look like an idiot so they'll stay in the closet

Wear socks

I wear adipowers for everything but deadlifts. I deadlift in socks. Works fine.

I've been lifting for 2 years and always squatted barefoot, yesterday bought adipowers and theyre great.

which colour did you get? I had my heart set on the red and white but apparently they're discontinued and now I'm torn kek

Are you me?

I got these. Pretty ugly desu. But its not a fashion show its a gym.

yeah they're the ones I'm leaning towards. the red ones were so aesthetic while the other two really arent. but yeah I'll probably pick some up within the next month

Yeah I'd recommend these or the Nike Romaleos. If you have somewhat wider feet go with the Adipowers.

In my opinion Romaleos are a bit wider. I have pretty wide feet but the adipowers are still good.

>Don't be a pussy
I'm just saying, a lot of people like flat instead of a raised foot.

Are you better off getting a better weightlifting shoe rather than cheaping out to begin with? Say buying a pair of Adipowers rather than Power Lift 2s?

Nice shoes

I also want to know this

>defective shoes
Please explain.

Sabo Powerlifts and long thin socks, always wear an odd pair of socks as well, like the same socks but different colours

Hahahaha, imagine this balding manlet stepping into your gym with his basketball shorts and meme shoes on

>always wear an odd pair of socks as well, like the same socks but different colours

I feel like people at my gym wear non-matching clothes on purpose. Not two different colored socks, but just a bunch of random colors and patterns that obviously look bad together. It's a weird trend.