I signed up at LA fitness in December. When I did I told them I would be leaving for school in September...

I signed up at LA fitness in December. When I did I told them I would be leaving for school in September. The guy who worked there told me I would have no problem canceling my membership.

When I went in today to cancel my membership the dude who I signed up with was working. When I told him I wanted to cancel my membership he said "Ok just let me check your account......Oh your contract does't end until December, sorry." I brought up how he told me I could cancel at anytime when I signed up. He said I was either making stuff up or remembering wrong. We argued for a bit, and I lost my temper and I ended up calling the dude a "cratered faced midget." The dude got pretty mad because he was like 5'3 at most, and I'm 6'5, and a lot of acne scars. The dude told me to leave right now, but I said "No I have a membership. So I'm allowed to be here." He just shook his head and said "fine, just get out of my face."

I ended up killing my workout because I was pissed the fuck off. But anyways, anyone got any advice on canceling my membership. I'm thinking If i get banned from the place they will have to cancel my membership right?

If anyone else thinks this will work, how could I get banned, but not get the cops called on me?

*and he had a lot of acne scars

>crater faced midget
Fucking kek

Take a creepshot in the lockerroom

I'm pretty sure I could get charged for sexual harassment

just don't pay it. he said you could cancel.

but I don't have any proof of him saying that.

Sorry man but if you signed a contract that binds you for "x" months, that is what counts. Because you did read the contract, right?

Sidenote: I cancelled my subscription at a gym in April, and all was good, but last week I recieved a bill for a membership in July, it seems unprofessional that gyms do this kind of shit and doesn't have their paperwork sorted out properly. I called them and they said I didn't have to pay and that it was a mistake, but I wonder how many people would have just paid them. I have been a member at various gyms, and it seems that all of them mess up with bills and paperwork in general, don't know if it's intentional or not.

>kek'd at cratered faced midget

How do you pay? If you manually pay everytime then just stop. If it's linked to an account or card contact the bank or company and block payments to LA

Just call your bank and say its a fraudulent charge and you won't get billed. That's what I did when I had to cancel LA Fatness.

>call anyone
>tell them your deploying again
>play baby sounds in the background off youtube and screaming wife sound or have girlfreind scream in background at you

works every time like charm, no one likes telling le 'FOUGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS MEN' you can't cancel your membership before you go to sandy town

I've never had any success cancelling any kind of gym or health club membership

I had to go to my last gym three times to get them to cancel the monthly membership and I even had an open contract.

It took me almost a year to fully get rid of my pool membership.

Pro tip: When you cancel a gym membership, always get it in writing and then immediately contact your bank and tell them to put a block on the account after the date that the gym membership is going to close.

They will keep charging you for as long as you let them. One gym I was at even kept trying to charge me after the one year contract was up. They even sent me letters about how my non payments would be going to collections.

>go to squatrack
>squat down without any weight
>pull out a newspaper
>pull down pants
>read the newspaper and take a huge shit in the squatrack
>use your contract to clean your ass
>get suspended

come on OP, it's not that hard to get suspended

you didn't read the contract? this is what happens, you'll probably have to pay it

Yeah that is my experience too. I got an e-mail from them confirming the end of my membership in April, so they can't demand money from me

go to your bank and have them file a non-charge agreement. you will tell them your difficulties with the gym and they will make you sign affirming what you said. you will then tell them the amount they will charge (to the cent, so if they charge 23.44 dollars a month, you have to tell them that amount) and they will block charges from that company with that amount.

tell them to not do it retroactively because you used their facility and the money is rightly theirs and that this only applies for future months.

i did this to get out from under a shitty gym as well and it worked well.

also a protip: this will get you out of payments but you have to make sure to not actually show up in case the gym wants to breakout video footage/sign-in logs to prove you didn't pay.

Alright OP same thing happened to me literally two months ago but with GoodLife Fitness. I told the manager when I signed up that I'd be leaving for school and I could only be singed up for the three months. They told me it'd be alright and I'd have no exit or enrollment fee. When I went back in they said I had to pay a 150$ exit fee to cancell my 1yr contract. I left immediately and started reviewing my contracts and by the sound of it we were/are in a very similar situation where the contract does outline that we have to pay.

CONT
So I did some research and found that they kept referencing the Consumer's Act of 2002 so I did some reading and they were essentially doing some sketchy shit as we had made an oral contract stating that my contract for only three months long but the written contract would tie us into paying.

I then brought in enrolment verification from my school and all the necessary documents (contracts and consumer laws). Then with my phone recorder I got some idiot employee to say that I "could" have my fees waived. Then i went to the manager and played back that recording saying it was him three months prior then I showed him the by-laws/consumer laws saying that I would pursue legal action if my account was charged again so my contract was finito.

This situation is so bizarre to me considering my membership is always paid on the spot with multiple payments depending of the lenght of your subscription. If you want to cancel your membership, you just have to not show up at the gym for the next payment.

most gyms in the first world automatically charge a credit card.

I'm from Canada and judging by this thread, this seems more inconvenient than anything else.

You should have gotten it in writing dude.

How new to the world are you? If there's no proof of him saying anything it's useless. It's just some random fucking nerd working a part-time job, he can tell you whatever shit he wants if it's not written down in a contract it's horseshit.

Im assuming you're paying automatically from a bank account.

Cancel that particular account and set up a new type, and your gym will try to charge an account that no longer exists.

Wait, don't most gyms in contracts get your social? Can't they fuck with your credit?

People say la fitness does this stuff all the time, but it took them a minute to cancel my membership when I did. Idk what you signed but you should've been more careful

cancel the credit card it's on. don't return their calls.

ezpz