18, already bought Whey and creatine will start gym for the first time tips?

18, already bought Whey and creatine will start gym for the first time tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZpYH3HegiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read the sticky you fucking retarded fag.

kys

BTW SKINNY AS FUC Like really skinny, will do 3 times a week.

I hope you get creatine cancer you fuck

I find credit cards have less trouble than debit cards for the plate dispensers, especially the ones with chips in them

You don't need creatine you fucking boob

Jus be yourself

Read the sticky

Make sure to take your protein straight after a work out or you'll lose precious gains, add loads of carbs too.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Why user? i research for the standard suplements.

You only need it if you're an advanced lifter and are doing shit like powerlifting

Good goy. Keep on feeding the supplement industry.

In all seriousness just lift.

Pick a program, i recommend greyskull. Ss is fine (disregard the memery) sl is meh, icf is worst, reg parks is overrated but decent, allpro's is acceptable.

Track your macros (.78g protein per lb bw, .35 fats per lb bw, carbs to fill caloric goals), eat an appropriate amount of calories (TDEE-500 for cutting, TDEE+250 for bulk - never bulk above 15%bf)
Avoid hydrogenated oils and trans fats
Eat lots of fiber and micronutrients
Get plenty of sleep, in as dark as possible lighting, and in as restful as possible conditions

Read ss
Read greyskull
Watch the 3dmj pyramid series (both)
Read practical programming
?????
Make gains

Oh... Why everyboredy says that is good and are for iniciants this type of stuff.

>buying whey and creatine before ever picking up a weight

Holy autism lmao I hope this is a troll

Thanks for the advice friend.

that's all well and good but... where is the test-e?
you can't just expect to cycle creatine without test-e? lmfao enjoy your erectile dysfunction

>.78 g protein per lb bw

cite that source for me big guy (protip: that much is useless)

Fucking this op. Atleast make sure you can stick to liftung before you decide to throw your money away on supplements.

Youre exactly like all these fatasses that tell everybody theyre on a diet. They do it to get congratulated on something they havent even started yet, only you decided that you were starting your fitness "journey" by spending money on shit that isnt even necessary to get fit.

Just lift. After that you can spend money on other shit thats fitness related

It is only useful for people who
-have no strength endurance
-are doing hogh rep work
You meet the first criterion, but not the second.

Save your creatine though, it won't degrade (if stored properly) and you will probably need it at the intermediate level.

If you can take 10-20+lb off your 6 rep max, and onoy rep it 6 times.. You need creatine.

If you are going from not lifting to high rep work (do not do this) you need creatine.

If you are going from bothing to low rep strength training (do this), you do not need creatine.

If you have high strength endurance, and are doing high rep work, you almost certainly don't need creatine.

If you eat sufficient protein, primarily from rare red meat, you probably already get close to 5g a day

Why creatine? The best supplement is called discipline, going to the grocery store and picking lots of whole foods and eating them. It's hard but it's the best.

Not him but,
It's actually per lb of lbm not bw, on a caloric deficit. You can get away with like .6 something on a surplus.
Here's source: bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Ok, soo i only use whey?
and if i use Creatine 1 time a week?

I know what you mean and you're right but the .78g/lb is a fairly harmless meme that's very ingrained in the internet fitness culture. Just let it be, you won't convince people to stop eating that much and it's not really harmful.

>creatine

You already said you were a teenager. NNo need to repeat yourself.

Srsly, don't bother. You'll use the whey much more when you're cutting thatn when you're bulking, fyi

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>
A perhaps even more telling study is by Pikosky et al. in 2008. The researchers took a group of endurance trained subjects and had them consume either 0.41 or 0.82 g/lb of protein per day. They also added a thousand calories worth of training on top of their regular exercise. So these guys were literally running on a 1000 calorie deficit while drastically increasing their training volume. Talk about a catabolic stateā€¦ Of course the nitrogen balance in the low protein group plummeted. However, the protein intake of 0.82 g/lb in the other group completely protected the subjects from muscle loss. Nitrogen balance, whole-body protein turnover and protein synthesis remained unchanged.

It is from eric helms, who i very much respect.

And yes it is a protein maximum nit a protein minimum... But there is NO reason not to eat a maximal amount of protein, or even protein overfeed
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZpYH3HegiI

The only issue is here in my mom only cook shit stuff like fried food.

Not OP, but why is SL meh?

Use whey as you would any other protein source. Eat if convenient for your nutritional and economical needs.

Save creatine until after you complete your novice program (again i recommend greyskull, but read starting strength) and transition to a higher volume program.

When you get your 6 months of 3x5's out the way, and start working with 10rms, then take 5g creatine daily

But that Pikosky study is talking about a high caloric deficit. It's meaningless to cite a study done on those strict conditions when OP is by no means going to go on a deficit.
And the first link is saying what we're saying,
>The authors suggested that 0.55g/lb was sufficient for bodybuilders

The actual sl protocol is never switching from 5x5 to 3x5
Tons of unnecessary stalls and deloads and nogains.

Ss is muh better at preventingg this, so many kinda combine sl and ss into a 3x5

I think greyskull tackles the deload much more elegantly, allowing you to set PRs and get growth on a deload, without detrimenting recovery, plus you build a tiny bit more strength endurance than most any other LP

Like i said, it is a protein MAXIMUM.

Check the vid i linked on protein overfeeding

Other studies showed benefit up to higher levels than .55

Pic related (also in that article)

people get more of a boost from the caffine in those pre-workout creatine things than anything creatine does for them

Guy you replied to here. I'm looking for a beginner program, and the main appeal of SL for me is the app--it's just so convenient. I do have the SS book in PDF form if I decide to go that route, though.

>The actual sl protocol is never switching from 5x5 to 3x5
>Fail a lift 3 sessions in a row: deload 10%
>2 deloads: switch to 3x5

It's a great app and you can switch to 3x5 manually whenever you want. You won't be "following the program" but as someone 11 weeks in to SL, I am totally happy with it, except 5x5 squats are getting really brutal. Already deloaded once, so we'll see if I follow protocol or just decide to do 3x5.