How do I defeat this gains goblin?

How do I defeat this gains goblin?

It draws me back for a month two every expansion due to it's overpowering nostalgia. I'm 28 and started WOW the day it came, I was 14 and it consumed years of my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTdgHsifK38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>14
>28
>wow was released in 2004, 12 years ago

sir pls stop lying to make yourself seem like an oldfag

Literally destroy your computer, as I had to destroy my console

Just play in your free time.

There's not even reason to go beyond heroic raids which are puggable thanks to the mythic+ dungeons.

just get banned faggot

This xpac is my favorite one so far.
MoP would be my next choice.

Take computer/console into garage or outside and smash it with a sledge hammer. Worked for me. I still miss my games sometimes but it was worth it in the end.

Why wouldn't you play?

I'm also 28, going on 29, and I've played on an off since 2005.

I'm playing Legion, I've only leveled to 103 so far though, and it's been out all week.

I still put work/lifting/hobbies and even Veeky Forums ahead of it.

You don't need to go full autist on it.

>This xpac is my favorite one so far.
Oh shit I might have to try this
>MoP would be my next choice.
Oh nevermind, user's just retarded. I guess that's what blizz appeals to nowadays.

Not that guy but I quit too.
>you don't need to go full autist on it.
That's just the problem. Some people can't resist going full autists on it or any other game that has some sort of leveling/ranking system.

I just can't stop playing these shit games. I'm a sucker for entertainment. I have to quit cold turkey because I can't be productive in any way as long as I'm fucking around with vidya.

So the only choice is quitting it altogether. The fact that these games' quality always deteriorates as time goes by really helps to quit.

Also, find something to fill the time you spent with gaming. It is really hard if you spent 8+ hours a day but it can be done.

Develop the deep thinking goblin. I have developed mine. But I developed it purely by chance I think. And it took me 3 years of overconsumption of media.

At some point, if you consume so much media. Nothing surprises you anymore. Your mind tells you that its boring, that you know the outcome, that it shall not surprise you anymore.

It takes quite a fair amount of IQ points to reach this point. The lower amount you have, the longer it will take to understand the patterns of the media machines.

I find games now so boring that I find much more excitement in dumb stuff like WALKING OUTSIDE.

the deep thinking goblin sits there, in the back of your head. It sometimes call out on you, gives you a drive, changes your mood.

The deep thinking goblin sometimes comes out when I make a post that is not up to par. It tells me "no, this isnt right". And then the deep thinking goblin comes out with vidya, or tv series and tells me "no, this is boring, do something else"

and then there is nothing that can change that.

The deep thinking goblin even goes further, when you look at a QT girl, and the deep thinking goblin goes like "is she wearing piercings? Are those tattoo's? What the fuck is she eating? Does she look like she is pretty dumb and/or a consumer whore?" And then no matter what, without the deep thinking goblins approval. Nothing works anymore.

The deep thinking goblin forces you to give a cringeworthy smile, to a marketer, work employee or some other person that EVERYONE likes, because the deep thinking goblin tells you that what that person is and does, its shit.

The deep thinking goblin goes out into the city, sees all the shitskins, niggers, fat people, and other assortments of degenerate retards and tells you "when they smile at you, give them the meanest look you can muster, because they are shit."

and still, this deep thinking goblin is like a god.

This. When I had to quit FFXI for good I made sure to get banned. Now whenever that gains goblin starts whispering in my ear I remind myself that I would have to start from the beginning.

>How do I defeat this gains goblin?
sell all accounts or give them away for free. just make sure it's quick
then sell/throw away the game

trips for truth
alternatively, set your password and e-mail to something arbitrary so you can't log in any more

remember, the king of kings did that, too

I'm addicted to fucking dota. Keep reinstalling the shit and cant moderate at all.

Im not even good at it.

Committing sudoku in Lower Jeuno was fun. Shouting that SoE GMs like bukake was a fast trip to Mordian Gaol.

That game was a major time sink for NEETs, fuck that.

[spoiler]FFXIV is fun if you play as a casual[/spoiler]

>tfw was 3k-3.3k middling
>getting Veeky Forums took me to 4.3k

nice

also what is that hero look spooky haha

Serial killer in the makin

I CANT STOP FUCKING PLAYING THIS STUPID SHITTY GAME.

I HAVENT BEEN TO THE GYM SINCE RELEASE AND I KEEP EATING LIKE TRASH WHILE PLAYING.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Same. I just ask myself what's the point of playing Dota. It can be so intoxicating getting better at it but what's the point? What will happen if you get good? Do you even have any interest in going pro? Probably not if you're anything like me. So what's the point? Let's say you get your MMR high. Then what? What's the end game?

my ex dumped me because i wasnt good enough at dota

this is not a joke

Same here guys. I don't play more than one two hours a day now though because of a lot of shit going on and good weather.

But there are weeks every year since 8 years or so that I just play 30 hours a week.

But lets be real, the game is fucking nice and maybe we even get some focus and concentration out of it. I dunno.

What level are you playing on?

somewhere, deep inside you. There is an automated system humming, collecting data, processing it, playing around.

At some point that process around some hobbies may be nearly complete. Then instead of a collective device. That automated system becomes an addition to your consciousness. An expansion even. It stops giving much of a fuck about outside data, and if the outside data corresponds with its internal structure, it becomes an information giving device. A consciousness.

Which will basically just make you bored. Its a natural process that happens with everyone.

The outside shapes this shapeless golem, and once its shaped, the golem becomes alive.

I've been playing since wc3 but i'm only at 2.5k mmr. I play for a week or so and then stop and then get dragged back in.

LMFAO MY EXACT THOUGHTS
fuck these losers who got attracted to the fucking chink panda expansion aka the downfall of wow

Hah.
You're a pretentious, autistic faggot.
Take that "deep thinking" and get a Doctorates. Do something with your supposed intelligence instead of using it as a prop for your fucked up ego.
I don't even fuckin play vidya anymore.
Quit WoW when Blizz cucked the Scourge.

Don't go full neckbeard and just play WoW on your free time, it's what I am doing ,and level up a demon hunter they are awesome.

its the sole reason why I am not exited about vidya anymore. Or even about movies and other media. Call it what you will but it still sits there and judges all forms of media.

Today I literally walked 2 hours because it told me so.

If you're anything like me and can't play the game reasonably, then my advice is go ahead and play the fuck out of it. I couldn't resist as well when Warlords of Draenor just came out, almost failed my semester because of it. Now I fucking hate the game and what it did to me. Essentialy, play it until you hate it.

If you add me I can tell you "to go lift you faggot" from time to time if you're playing too much if you want.

Where is your time machine faggot? I was 13 the day it came out and I'm only 25.

survival of the fittest

RDM/NIN here

FFXIV 2.0 sucks. If they could've somehow managed to salvage the first release I might even still be there, and I'm not even a 'gamer'

but those square MMOs .....

It came out 12 years ago, but you aged 14 years despite that

FUCK XIV that game destroyed my first 2 years at Uni, I did meet 2 of my best buds we even went to fan fest together. But seriously once we noticed the asshole design and the repeating of old content and recycling of bullshit like tomestones the game wasn't going to change until either 4.0 or 5.0.

This.
Can totally relate. Some people have to quit gaming altogether to be successful at anything else.

Also, watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=eTdgHsifK38

So glad I was only an addict in high school from 9-11 grade. My senior year I changed then became a pure fuccboi in my first year of college hitting 1/2/3 by the end of it.

7 years later I don't touch this WoW and only put about 10-50 hours into each video game. I still love me some vidya, but I don't get addicted anymore. Half of my friends don't play anymore because married/kids. The only one that I know that still plays it because he just told me is a manlet who plays vidya 5 hours a day. He complains a lot but he only came to the gym once. He's forever cursed. I feel like he's done, but it's also time for me I need to find a waifu before I go bald or some shit

the thing is, people are inherently nihilistic to some degree, on some things that are not clearly defined.

The kids/teens that you saw who listened to rap music? Well those are now adults who still listen to negro's. Who will teach their kids negro music.

The kids who eat like shit, who are fat and dont exercise? Yep, thats them still being adults.

Most things which a kid does, when he enters adulthood, will still be doing them as he becomes an adult.

Shaming them by telling them about the standards of other people doesnt work. The K selected shame mechanisms have been removed, and replaced by acceptance of failure.

These kids need aggressive, grown up males screaming in their faces at boot camp, telling them not to like niggers and to stop playing faggot games. But since this wont happen. They will never change.

yup, one my friend went full autist with some of his pals, they took 4 days off work...110 in like 1 day

I'm 102, yes they're all single at the age of 25

End of my senior year I wanted to get full sex mode for college, just wanted to get laid so I toned down vidya. I don't know how people can go to college and not want some pussy. That's what made me quit instantly. My first gf in my first semester. I didn't even touch vidya for 3 weeks because I kept sleeping at her apartment, it was essentially my new addiction because I would stay up to like 4 am with her.

Same. I don't even like this game, every game is the same exact shitfest no matter what MMR I'm in, but my friends keep forcing me to play it xd.

Shoo shoo attention whoring tripfaggot

Sell your computer and replace it with a budget laptop that won't let you do more than use Microsoft Word, watch and stream films.

I get nostalgic occasionally, esp over WoW, but now I'm a fully grown adult with a job, studies, gym hobby and gf, I physically cannot find time to game without sacrificing one of these said things (learned from experience).

Some manage gaming with their life fine, that's cool, I personally have never felt better since I stopped.

>literally half of your life is devoted to a shitty mmo

get better taste in vidya

FFXIV is a shit. I played it to endgame but realized quickly it sucked.

Dual boxed a WHM and a PUP.

He would have to not have a videocard at all, WOW is so shit even a PC from the 90s can play it

>These kids need aggressive, grown up males screaming in their faces at boot camp, telling them not to like niggers and to stop playing faggot games. But since this wont happen. They will never change.

Instead we have Veeky Forums

>the downfall of WoW was pandaria

I'm guessing you're 18 years old and never played Warcraft 3