Tfw benchlet

>tfw benchlet

how can i improve my bench press?

bench more

fucking genius

Most people arent benchlets. They just quarter squat and have inflated high numbers for it.

Bench 3 times a week. This isn't an insult but you're low enough to get away with it.

>tfw presslet and pulluplet

What website is this?

How the fuck

I don't quarter squat, in fact I have been complimented a couple times on my squat depth

So should I bench even if I'm primarily doing deadlifts or something? Should I do like lower weight with more volume on those days?

symmetricstrength.com

what is your program rn
fix your form and pause your bench
possibly look into greg nuckols 28 free programs, specifically 3x a week beginner bench program

my bench is pretty shit as well, but the best way to increase your bench is to just bench more. Benching 3x week for the past 6 weeks has increased my bench quite a bit.

basically a push/pull routine

>lower pull
deadlift 1x5+
cleans
farmers walks
traps

>upper pull
pendlay rows 3x5
yates rows
wide grip pulldowns
assisted chinups
face pulls
biceps

>lower push
squats 3x5
front squats

>upper push
ohp 3x5
bench 3x5
dips
ez bar tricep extensions
db delt raises (all 3)
db bench press

sunday- push
monday- pull

wednesday- push
thursday- pull

where should i add in more bench?

I will do some paused bench and check out those programs, thank you :)

>330 DL
>still novice
How fucking fat are you

>symmetricstrength.com

This is probably the most retarded idea for a website I've seen this month.

Is this why there are so many faggots cutting down on their dead and squat to make their bench the same level?

230 lbs. was 260 in feb so suck my chode

look at canditos linear program. ive been shilling the fuck out of it lately but it's a solid beginner program. it would only have bench twice a week though.

and pause all of your bench. not for very long but to stay tight at the bottom

this is my version of the program i used with my experience and written for a friend

>bench the same level?

are you trying to say that people are trying to make their bench literally the same weight as their squat and deadlift? because if so you need to actually look at the website instead of the domain name

guaranteed you're overhead pressing incorrectly

Huh, interesting. I'll give it a try for a couple of weeks and see how it feels. Thanks dude

Yo I forgot the name of this website

read the thread fag

Fugg

No.

People play a fool's game of trying to conform to a bullshit site on the internet's generic idea of 'symmetry'.

Looking at it the wrong way, if you have the proportions which give you a big dead and bad bench, you should be training to your strengths and getting a massive deadlift.

Jonnie Candito (designer of the original template and powerlifter) has a full write up about the workout that would be important to read, along with info you could use to modify the program to better fit yourself

no one thinks like that
if someone wants to have a bigger bench they can come and ask about how to improve their bench

no one is required to become a deadlift/squat/bench freakbeast because you say so

Well, that's a fair point. However I don't really see the point in having a massive deadlift because I'm not trying to compete in powerlifting anytime soon. I just want to get strong in general, and if my bench is lagging behind, I should address it right? It's probably not so much down to my proportions as it is down to some failure of mine in training method or form.

>I just want to get strong in general, and if my bench is lagging behind, I should address it right?

The way to do that is continue training normally.

My point is that it's more than likely your bench ISN'T lagging behind (just because it doesn't conform to shitwebsite#854858.com)

>as it is down to failure of mine in training method or form.

Only true if you're a complete novice e.g. if you can't get the bar on your back in the correct position etc.

bud
if you think your bench should be better
than who i am to tell you that you're wrong
follow your dreams

just do whatever works 4 u XDXDXDXD

i have the same thign happening

>squate 315
>bench 185

I CANNOT get past like 180/185 for reps. i do PPL and bench 2x a week. do i need to bench every other day or what? my diet is fine and all my other lifts go up quick

also i'm 5'7 170 so its extra sad. i can barely bench more than i weigh, im about 16-17% bodyfat

eat more
fix form
pause bench
lower weight and do more bench volume before building back up

im steadily gaining weight
form is breddy gud

i only do 3-5 reps for every set of bench. should i go down to like 170 and try getting more like 7?

weighted dips, incline bench, accessories, work triceps more.

it hurts 2 live

if you bench twice a week have one day with higher reps (5-10)
Do more sets of bench and related accessories
make your form better then

>2016
>strength standards for the dip and chin up

Is this a laff?

Squat 160kg
Deadlift 220kg
OHP 82.5kg
Bench 105kg

Ha ha, love playing tricks on myself

Have you tried bench pressing?

ill have a light day from now on

i usually do

bench
cable flys
machine flys

for triceps i do

skullcrushers with the cable
pull downs (hands over and under the bar)

and im too scared to do dips because ive torn my chest 2 times with them so i dont ever do them anymore

delete this

im 3months in ss and had no way to do dips until last week

i got up to +40 bench dips in a month and a half. i bought a walker on amazon and it translated into being able to do 3 unweighted dips. im now at 5. its wobbly as fuck tho so that might be detracting

I mean where do they derive strength standards for the dip to compare you to.

their faq talks about pulling from lots of different data sources

i just use it to track progress since ithas a logger and looks cool

>watch form videos on the press
>close grip while still being in line with your shoulders
>see people on youtube doing, (random being omar, buff dudes etc) all have wider grips than shoulder width

Really now, is rip trolling?

hands should be grazing sides of your shoulder

all his videos show this

listen to omar, buff dudes, alan thrall; literally anyone besides rip. Rips only good video is his deadlift. His squat video and the press video is fucking stupid.

Probably not. There's a fair difference between pressing for press strength vs the way most people do it for hypertrophy and most people aiming for a big press use a relatively narrow grip.

>Can only do a single pullup but can deadlift over 300
What the fuck is going on here

Pullups are pretty hard if you dont exercise the movement frequently. If you pulluped as frequently as you deadlifted then you would see progression.

That's nothing, pham.
Been lifting for a month. I need to really up my bench. Should I increase reps or do more sets?

Whoops, forgot pic.

How's your ohp so low?