How the fuck do I get into swimming if all I know how to do is breaststroke (and that's with my head above water 100%...

How the fuck do I get into swimming if all I know how to do is breaststroke (and that's with my head above water 100% of the time). And I'm probably doing breaststroke with shitty form too to be honest

Should I just teach myself, or get a trainer or something? I'm confused as fuck right now. I tried looking at some swimming how-to videos but I didn't learn jackshit from them. It's like watching an Olympic gymnast and trying to imitate them for me

All tips and tricks wanted

Swimming lessons.

Breastroke - > Front Crawl -> Backstroke - > Butterly

Learn to keep your head below water. Way, way easier.

ayy

Hey op, get lessons.

I've just starting exercising, right now i'm doing C25K and once i'm able to run 5km i'm going to start swimming and i plan to just get some adult beginner lessons so that i can learn proper form, after i have learnt them i'll just swim on my own.

Definatly get lessons.

How does anyone get to adulthood without learning to swim? You should be more ashamed than all the fa faggets.

OP said he does know how to swim (i.e not drown) just that he doesn't have perfect form. If you can do a half-decent breaststroke then it's not like you will die just from falling into water.

Reading comprehension friend. It's a useful skill.

I just asked my local pool if they offered lessons for adults. They didn't, but the guy on duty during my morning swims gave me some instructions. Very helpful people.

will you stop it with the dubs already

no

K. I'm gonna go gym now. Bye bye.

Good luck m8

I've only recently taught myself to swim (I'm in my 30s), and i can do freestyle. All I can tell you is, you just force yourself under water and from there you just do as you see people do on TV: straighten both legs and start moving them in a scissor-like motion. That should get you moving forward. At this point your arms can either be outstretched forward like superman (it's pretty fun) or you throw one arm forward, swipe the water backwards, then repeat with the other arm, and so on.

Funny enough, I actually CANNOT do a breaststroke with my head above water. I can't float for shit. Even as I breaststroke my head sinks underwater which pisses me the fuck off.