QTDDTOT

Old one reached bump limit.

How do I make sure my shits are efficient? About to start a bulk which means I'm going to be shitting a lot more. Generally its 50/50 whether I have to wipe twice or 1000 times. What should I eat to make sure I have nothing but 2-wipe poos?

Intake a lot of fiber. All the fiber in the world.

psyllium husks. two teaspoons in a cup of water in the morning. you're welcome.

>178 cm (5'10) 78 kg (~172 lbs)
>9 week into the lifting
I'm doing gslp fit edition with recomp.
I have noticable belly fat but cant seen in this pic coz i'm working and dont have any other pics of my body right now.
Question is should i go for generic bulk/cut or stay with recomp?

Forget pic

Somebody have that picture of that cartoon where everybody says he can't do it but he works really hard and he can.

When I do bench press I can't engage my chest at all but when I do cables I really feel it.

Is this normal for beginners?

Also I can barely bench 20kg but if I use a Chest Press machine I can do closer to 30 and same with cables

There are two things that could be involved.

First, you need to make sure your form is correct. This means retracting your scapulae and pushing your chest out, and keeping a slight arch in the lower back. You need to consciously contract the pecs and think about how not only are the arms going upward, but the elbow joints are pushing inward, which is the action of the pectorals.

The other issue could be that the structure of your body puts your pecs at a mechanical disadvantage when benching. If that's the case, then there's nothing you can do about it and you'll have the best results by finding exercises that work better for you. Try different variations of bench press (incline, decline, dumbbells) and see if any of them feel better than a standard bench press.

What can I do to minimize lean mass loss dieting down to 10%bf, other than lifting and eating high protein, and without drugs?

Cool thanks.

If I'm perfectly capable of doing cables, can I not just do cables instead of bench? I thought they work the same muscles.

Also I've always had the suspicion that Veeky Forums thinks that bench/dead/squat>all other exercises. Every routine thread seems to be
>Hur dur do bench squat deads

But are they actually the best exercises for the muscles they target? Sounds like a bit of a meme to me, every fucker on here shills those 3

do i have forward head posture?

wtf does 1 plate mean? aren't plates different weights?

i just started lifting

A "plate" is a 20kg plate usually
Or 25 someone correct me

Also when people talk about 2plate(2pl8) or 4pl8 they mean that many plates on each side

So 2pl8 is the bar+4 plates

I think

Beginner here, today during deadlifting I felt a sudden pain above the groin area at the end of my set when I put down the weight. After lifting I could notice a very small swelling there. It has gone down now I think.
Should I be concerned? Or will it heal if I just rest a lot?
Thanks!

Very common. Your pecs are not going to be the limiting factors, especially for a novice. The chest is still working (you can't bench without using it), you're just not 'feeling' it because other structures (triceps, shoulders etc) are operating closer to their max load. Just keep benching senpai

Keep intensity high, don't run away from carbs, put all your volume in the main (heavy) lifts and not in poverty accessories that won't provide a stimulus to keep mass

Bench squat dead are kings for general strength and mass. Strictly speaking the optimal exercise to activate any muscle group would be an isolated cable. Most of your gains as a novice are going to be motor patterns, allowing you to actually move some weight and gain some muscle down the track.

Yes

'1 plate' is a 20kg on each side of the bar. PL and WL elitists will tell you 1plate is a 25 because that's the comp-grade plate

Real hernia hours, who up smash that mf doctor

yes. you're also arching your upper back which makes it look even worse

how to fix?

consciously pull your head up and back through the day (imagine someone is pulling your head up by a string, and try to give yourself a double chin)

And stop slouching over your compuer

yes probably with rolling shoulders.

We should really start putting an FAQ in these OPs.

For shit like "wat is 1/2/3/4" and whatnot that isn't in the sticky

This is more health than fitness related.
I finally hit the point of adulthood where I struggle to sleep more than six hours.
The problem is, I can't stay up for long enough to keep my schedule stable. I pass out at around12 hours of being awake. Even if I force myself to sleep in longer, I sleep too early. Plus I feel shitty for oversleeping.
Is there anything to fix this that's not caffeine?

HOW TO GOMAD IF LACTOSE INTOLERANT???
HOW TO GOMAD IF LACTOSE INTOLERANT???
HOW TO GOMAD OF LACTOSE INTOLERANT???

Will lactose free milk have the same effect or will I just be wasting mune and stomach space?

How do I place the bar properly on my traps during high bar squat? It digs into my fucking spine every time I squat above 80kg

Why is pure protein so disgusting?
I'm eating a yogurt with zero fat, almost zero carbs and loads of protein, and it's disgusting.
Feels like i'm eating wet sand.

This. If you get enough fiber you won't need to wipe

It's almost like your body is telling you GOMAD is bad for you.

Anybody know safe cutting foods that I can get from a chinese place? Been craving takeout recently but don't wanna fuck up my cut

You have to "make a shelf" with your traps by squeezing them together.... then, you *move only you shoudlers* (think a chicken flapping wings) forward to grip the bar in a narrow grip....

You want to look like a piston, not a condor.

Keep your head straight, but your eyes on the top of the mirror frame / near the top of the wall.

i.e. you gotta switch your hand alignment and make a shelf.

>boom

eat it with fruit/nuts/granola like middle aged moms do

alternatively, mix some pumpkin butter and nutmeg in there. tastes just like pumpkin pie

stay away from the huge portions of rice.... 1/2 it.

you get 1 quart of rice... break that down into 4 add ons with your protein and veggies... and ONLY add the white rice after a hard compound movement lifting day (i.e. not after dumbbell kickbacks with the A&M Aggie Yell Leaders).

>boom

b/c you're eating bicycle rider food and not muscle man food.

my breakfast today... 14 oz of chicken breast, olive oil, low sodium pasta sauce, Mrs Dash spice....

>boom

What are some good plant-based protein sources, either powder or whole food? I've been sticking to eggwhite powder over whey because it's more versitile flavorwise, but I still need something to fill in the gaps.

How do I improve my grip strength for doing dead lifts? My left hand is really weak but I'd like to improve both of them.

>Anybody know safe cutting foods that I can get from a chinese place?
when I go to panda express I get their grilled teriyaki chicken with the sauce on the side (it's just grilled chicken thighs), and mushroom chicken. Instead of getting rice or chowmein, get their steamed veggies.

farmer walks

cheers bud

Forearm/wrist training. Sit on a bench, lean forward and curl a bar with just your fingers, elbows kept slightly bent. Keep your fingers right in the middle - the act of keeping the bar level is just as important as the weight itself. Add weight very slowly so you don't DOMS the shit out of your other lifts.

Alternatively, get one of those handheld grip trainers if you like.

how am i not going to loose too much muscle in a cut, after a spilt bulk or a strenght bulk?

I'm affraid of loosing all my hard earned gains.

What routine is the best in a cut to avoid loosing too much muscle?

top tier exercise.

completely unrelated to Veeky Forums but I have nowhere else to go
I'm 18 and this cute 15 year old just arranged to have me go fuck her when she turns 16 (legal age here) in april is this wrong? she's also one of my best friend's little sisters (he is a KV)

>loosing
once is a typo, three times is you're a retard

eat right, keep lifting, don't go overboard with your deficit

>age difference of 2-3 years
nothing wrong
>she's your best friend's sister
very thin ice here. Think of the consequences and if you're comfortable losing him as a friend, go for it.

End of the day, do you want to regret saying no when you wanted to say yes?

Thaks bro, i'm not native speaker and i've never taken english lessons, so you are helping me improve.

> keep lifting

i bulked with SS after being a former fatty and i'm affraid of going back to dyel mode once i hit 10%. I've been in 10% with no muscles and it is horrible, i want to mantain my gains. Should i continue with SS for the cut?
300 cal deficit is ok?

Sure, stick to SS. On a 300 cal deficit you probably won't lose much. If you start to struggle with your lifts, work out twice a week instead of AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

she just sent booty pics I don't think I can wait till she is legal somebody send help

Hey Veeky Forums, any tips for easing back into your routine after being sick for a week? Should i reduce all my lifts by 10% and work them back up?

where is KV?

and it's up to you. The only way you would get in trouble is if someone on her side presses charges on you (I assume, I don't know your local laws). So think about how it could go wrong. A. for whatever reason you upset her so she claims rape (underage girls are retarded and don't consider the consequences of their actions so her ruining your life is like her deciding what she wants to eat at a fast food place). B. She tells someone or somehow her family finds out and her parents aren't cool with it so they decide to press charges

It's only like six months though. And consider that if she sent you n00ds, you now have CP on your phone.

repeat your last workout

>she just sent booty pics

Perfect, thanks user. Think I could use Panda Express's entries on MFP as placeholders for your run of the mill chinese takeout?

it was snapchat and I didn't save them so I have no CP
KV is kissless virgin
but they were really good not even kidding my dick is so hard even though I was almost convinced I was gay and not bi recently

sure?

Good to know. Thanks, user.

Ok, my dad is 50 and after seeing my gains he wants to start working out again (he's 5'11 at 193lbs hes pretty big for his age, but still has like 10-15 lbs to lose) but the problem is, he is a truck driver, sometimes vans, sometimes flat deck. He goes on trips to either the states or other side of Canada, they usually last about 2-5 days.

He knows how to workout he counts his calories, etc.

What would be the best only dumbbell routine for him?

I really wanna help him as he has helped me out.

Thanks

resistance bands

lighter than weights yet good manipulation of resistance

how would resistance bands be better than 20lbs weights?

Just sounds like another fitness meme sold to overweight middle aged women.

Mark Rippletits says to hold your breath throughout the entire deadlift to maintain support of the back. Yet most videos and people I've seen in the gym exhale at the top of the lift. Thoughts?

>Yet most videos and people I've seen in the gym exhale at the top of the lift. Thoughts?
I bet they also drop the bar

I'm 6'2" 175, and I've been trying to put on weight. Normal resting weight is around 170 probably. How do I get a six pack? I suppose I must consider myself skinny fat because I'm not heavy by any means, but I still can't see my abs. Do I have to lose weight or not? I'm willing to change what I eat (although I actually pretty healthy already), but I don't want to eat fewer calories.

Should I be eating more protein and less carbs? Please help.

changing what you eat won't have much of an effect by itself. Abs showing is almost 100% related to diet, and you have to lower your bf% to see them. So, while you don't have to lose weight, you do have to lose fat, which is usually done by losing weight.

How do I hookup with other guys at the gym?

I need to strengthen abs because of hyperlordosis.

Are daily stomach vacuums plus compounds enough? Or add in actual ab work?

faggot

when i squat the weight seems to rock me back further onto my heels and puts me off balance.

is this normal of just bad form on my part?

add in actual ab work like weighted situps

bad form on your part.

I'm 26 and i've never lifted weights before, I want to workout but I have a minor degree of lumbar disc herniation, my doctor said that i can lift weights but it scares me that could be worse, should i stay away from weights?

"no"

but you sound like a retard so maybe "yes"

I'm 3 weeks into SL and managed to develop tennis elbow, my lifts are currently:
squat 42.5 kg
OHP 30
deadlift 60
Row 40
bench 30

I could only manage 2 reps on OHP, Should I take time off or just deload?

If you run a marathon, should you add fucking like 2600 calories to your diet? I never hear of long distance runners adding over an entire day's worth of food. Is this something that long distance runners do?

have you seen what marathoners look like?

Help me Veeky Forums.

I'm 5'7, 150 pounds, slightly toned, and average as fuck manlet. My face is nothing special, but look decent enough I guess. I need help deciding which girl to ask out. I've known the 7/10 longer, and she has amazing tits. She liked another guy before I started lifting. She's skinnyfat as fuck, 5'2, ~130 pounds - mostly stomach fat. The other is 5/10, chubby and around 5'1, 140-150 pounds. But I know for a fact that she likes me. I want the girl I date to be Veeky Forums, but the 5/10 is obviously going to take much more effort to transform into a qt.

What do I do Veeky Forums?

>slightly toned
triggered already

always go for the higher rank and who has better tiddies. But since you're a manlet, take what you can get.

No training for 9 months due to an injury and now skinnyfat at 6"2 190

Want to be a lean 200 again, any ideas for best program/diet for gaining muscle whilst burning fat

>best program/diet for gaining muscle whilst burning fat
there is none.

Exhaling at the top of the DL is retarded, please don't do it, you could hurt yourself.
I must say I do it from time to time during warmup, but it's on the ligther weights, I do it without thinking about it and it's still retarded.

Should I bulk or cut first then?

always bulk first. Bulking first helps cutting later.

Cellist here. Among other issues that have popped up in the last week, the back of my right knee is swollen and so is this muscle in my neck that seems to connect a place near my right ear to right shoulderblade. The neck pain is not unprecedented, though it's been years. The knee swelling is new though. It's clear something's wrong with my posture.

How do I best sit and support the cello with my knees to help avoid this?

>Lean 200 again

Stfu. If you were ever a lean 200 lbs, you wouldn't be asking stupid questions on /fit.

That's a pro marathon runner. You can run a marathon without trying to compete. Completing a marathon is a feat in itself in my opinion.

Take a week off, keep eating a small surplus. Them deload and build back up over 2 weeks. And fix your form. Don't flare your elbows out on bench and OHP. Keep them tucked close to your body.

>That's a pro marathon runner.
it's as if you get triggered by a post and don't bother to read what it's responding to.

Okay, thanks. The 'holding your breath to protect back' idea makes sense to me; I was just wondering why so many people exhale at the top, considering no one wants to voluntarily visit snap city.

It's more like I responded respectfully to a post that failed to answer the original question in any way shape or form. To complain now is pretty weird don't you think?

>I never hear of long distance runners adding over an entire day's worth of food. Is this something that long distance runners do?
>show him a picture of what they look like
>I responded respectfully to a post that failed to answer the original question in any way shape or form
so instead of answering his question you decided to go on a tangent rant answering no one's question. Got it, great work.

Really didn't want to hear this. Wouldnt 3-4 days suffice? I just came back from a weeks holiday and really want to be in the gym

don't fuck around with injuries, especially joints

Pushups or Dips

So I think I pulled something in my back because right under the shoulder blade has kind of been hurting since yesterday. Can I just sweat it off?

Tangent yes. Rant no. I was just making conversation lol. The only person ranting is you. Why are you mad?

Yeah you don't want to keep aggregating it. Just let it heal man. You won't lose any significant mass or strength in a couple weeks as long as you keep eating.

So I can just gain to 190 while working out then cut to 180 and my abs should show?

I'm just not really sure I understand all this stuff since I've been 6'2" 150 at one point and still couldn't see my abs....

again, it's not about how much you weigh, it's about your bf%.

So I can't tell you at what weight your abs will show, but at sub 12% bf they will show.

im a beginner lifter who injured his back 1 week into lifting with stiff legged deadlifts. should i even bother doing these meme exercises? i was using good form and wasnt using excessive weights i.e. i wasnt trying to max out or anything.

>back injury
>proper form

I'm not sure user, what kind of injury are you talking about ?

>implying that good form makes it literally impossible to be injured

And I decrease bf% by eating at deficit and working out at same time?

I drink way too much water during my workout.
Can't do abs afterwards, and lose all hunger. Can't even drink my shake.
>What do?