Cutting / Counting Calories

where does Veeky Forums get information about the nutritional/caloric content of different foods ?

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just eat meats, protein powder and green veggies and drink only water.

You don't even need to track calories if you eat that way + you'll be healthier for it (mainly because you wont be trying to squeeze in junk like you would when counting macros/calories)

nutrition labels/Google/common sense

>counting calories
JUST EAT FUCKING LESS FAGGOT GODDAMNIT. Cmon guys, fitness aint that hard, you lean out once in your life and then leanbulk on a small surplus aka not becoming a powerfatty for the rest of your life

No fucking idea I just eat fruit, meat, vegetables and protein shakes
No fucking way I'm going over if I'm eating a fistfull of greens/chicken for lunch and dinner

>Wine
>Steak
>Mashed potatoes
>Peas
>600kcal

Sure

thanks, but i don't eat any processed or 'junk' foods. I am looking for a way to calculate the nutritional information of the meals i prepare from scratch for my family.

> nutrition labels
i make everything from scratch. Google is fine, but the information is scattered and its a slow and boring task.
Preferably, what I'm looking for is an app/whatever that i can punch the weight of ingredients into and it'll spit out the nutritional information per unit measurement.

> JUST EAT FUCKING LESS FAGGOT
sorry, but JUST FUCKING EAT LESS is not a well-thought out strategy. I am trying to MAXIMISE the nutritional content of my meals while being accurate about the calorie content. UNDERSTAND MOTHER FUCKER ?

> No fucking way I'm going over if...
yeah, I can see that. But what I'm trying to do is be accurate about it.

Nice salt

looks like she's only had a forkful though, right ?

He's counting by the bite I guess
It's a joke anyway shit doesn't have to make sense

the website of the food maker. then add a few calories because they are lying assholes.

> the food maker

that would be me. i dont have a website. but i am a lying asshole.

>Totally ignoribg the fuck that she's on a date with fucking Dracula

Welcome to Veeky Forums

wolframalpha.com/

> wolframalpha.com/

thanks user, that's what i've been looking for.

No worries, sport, I've been using it to track macros, best thing.

MyFitnessPal is the app you're looking for

> autism inbound
i don't like anything i have to sign up for an account to use. Good suggestion though. Do you use it ?

You can't because nutrition is a fucking wasteland and I wouldn't trust any calorie measurement.

Mainly because the reaction used to measure "calories" doesn't have much holomorphism with the chemical reactions that make up various metabolic processes.

If you're trying to make "healthy" things, just use fat and meat with few to no carbs. It's impossible to overeat fat and meat. Literally.

> If you're trying to make "healthy" things

nope, i'm trying to make healthy things, without the double quotes. This is about proper nutrition, i.e. hitting the optimum proportion of micronutrient levels as well as macros/calories. "just use fat and meat" is not an acceptable diet as far as i am concerned. Literally.

its the count you fuck

I use diet diary once you get the stuff you eat often enterd its pretty good
also it lets you set macro(micros 2 if you want) and total calorie goals with max min targets wich is nice for creating a range you want to stay in

> diet diary

thanks user, but my problem with these kinds of apps is that their databases are all from registered nutrition information for processed/branded packages, rather than the actual plain ingredients themselves. Otherwise, this would suit my needs.

Maybe a bit late, but calorieking is an OK website for raw food. sing this, plus the labels, plus google, I've always been able to find at least a rough estimate of what I cook (and I eat some weird stuff like offal or uncommon veggies).
Use raw values rather than cooked, since depending on how you cook stuff the water inside varies immensely.
Correlate the info you get from various website, and you should have a good estimate.

For raw produce and (unprocessed) meats you can't beat calorieking. Unfortunately, it's missing a few things like raw pork shoulder and raw beef shank.

There are other sources for those, but it'd be nice to be able know how much calories they have per gram and not per 100g.

This worked pretty well for me for a while and I lost more than 10 lbs doing it.

Thing is my digestive system doesn't know when to quit. I suspect filthy peasant genes at play.

Either way, I'd either over eat or end up eating below my BMR.