ITT: Fitness memes you fell for

Weightlifting.

>Being a natty

>eating a lot

Literally no one did this in high school. People didn't buy pills/protein power/preworkout unless you were one of the rich kids. My first year I gained 36lbs. After that I just eat like a normie and dont shit twice a day and still making gains

Shit gains, I'm sure.

>NoFap

Still the best and worst meme all in one.

Stayed on SS type program built around 5x5 for too long. Almost a year. Should've done it 4-7 months

>bodyweight training is useless in terms of building muscles

>curls aren't necessary, chins are enough!

I fell for this for like a year when I was a noob because of Veeky Forums.

Can you enlighten further please? I'm about a one month done with strong lifts and seeing some good progress

>eating a lot
>doing a split
>nofap
>preworkout
>Lifting will get you girls(turns out they get more intimidated)
>don't bother girls at the gym(fit girls are sluts)
>don't do bicep curls
>calfs are genetics

Started off using this bullworker, those walmart gym bands, and 10 lb. weights as a skinnyfat 15 year old. You can laugh but it's what got me to make consistently working out part of my routine.

These days I can bench 390 and making it to the gym isn't even a question, it's part of my habit. People worry too much about finding the optimal routine or way to work out starting off on here and forget that it's mostly about getting used to it and feeling your way to what works.

would also like to know more. Closing in on 7 months into a 5x5 routine myself

I'm guessing he just span his wheels not making strength gains, which is his own fault for not following the program.

The idea is to use it for as long as it allows progress, then move on to something else.
If you're making gains, then keep at it.

So does that make him a fag or just a rookie mistake?

>squatting 280
>calves pencildicks

I fell for the legs meme. People only talk about calves. Been focusing on calves for the past 8 months. I squat more than the average person but girls keep shitting on my calves. I'm not a fucking dyel that only benches and curls

>messing around with your gymbro isn't gay

memes I didn't benefit from
>foam roller
>yohimbine
>resistance band
>side planks

memes I did benefit from
>nofap
>carbs after workout

memes I'll complain about in a month
>ZMA

>he fell for the supplements/protein powder meme
>he needs preworkout energy because he was somehow tired and weak

Sleep is more important and free, doesn't cost $150 a month.

>the heavy barbell lifts meme
Dumbells are better for literally everything but deadlift

>90% of the gym doesn't even stretch

What is wrong with you retards

Well a big fag really, if you don't actually read up on the function of the routine you're doing, its nobody elses fault that you waste time making no progress.

Literally the entire reason for any routine is to provide a framework on which to make quantifiable progress. If it stops giving you progress then it needs changing.

>best and worse meme all in one
what do you mean senpai

150 a month on preworkout
you should be spending at least 300$ four scoops a day
thats your problem

Standing calf raises
Walking a lot
I used to do 6+ hours of walking 5 days a week and sometimes 8-14
I still managed to overeat and got fat

Box jumps/spot training, senpai. Best think you can do for calves short of ballet, and you'll be spry as fuark

I was planning on working the 5x5 programme until I reached a strength I was happy with and then moving onto a routine with a higher rep range for hypertrophy. Is this a bad idea?

>being a curl bro doesn't get you laid.

I think your lying, and autistic.

Girls do not give a fuck about calves dude, no one gives a fuck about them that doesnt weightlift. Man seriously you have a problem if you save those literally autistic memes like the frog.

Go get some help you socially inept fuck

Walk on your tip toes as much as you can

You'll look like a faggot but at least your calves will look nice

f-f-four scoops?!

Its not bad in any terms that would imply you're going to lose anything.

You're just losing potential optimal strength progress, but if you don't care about that when you reach the strength you're happy with, then go for it.

bulking and cutting, the biggest meme of all

four scoops is a meme. 8 scoops is the way to go.

Well I'm not lying and I know you're a beta and you get no girls you just don't know. Most of them always talk about my tight shirts and big chest/shoulders/back telling me to buy new clothes...then they shit on my calves. How many girls have you been with...1 or 0?

The only autism is when I explain that my quads are huge and most of the college fuccbois don't squat because I get triggered by it.

>not training abs
>strength base (this is the worst)
>not doing curls
>not doing isolations
>only doing compounds because they are 'enough'
>numbers matter
>bulking
>not using gloves
>deadlifting

lifting doesnt get you girls, being aesthetic does. I bet you are one of those SS faggots

>not using gloves is the best meme

Girls don't like sandpaper hands and gloves give you grip instantly. The other thing is you won't get blisters which hinders gains

>best
Because your loads get bigger and jerking feels much better after a few days of not touching your dick.
>worst
Because it doesn't do anything, the gains thing is an utter meme, it increases the chance of prostate cancer and it fucks with your mind.

If a girl was genuinely interested they wouldnt shit on any part of you, espically if you have a "big" back chest shoulders. Lifting sure doesnt cure autism tho
>posts le frog rage meme xD

Just eat 500g of curd after working out senpai, easy 100g of protons there

>Can you 1/2/3/4?
>yes?
>Move on to an ULxPPL or PPLx

>1/2/3/4
Kind of an arbitrary system isn't it? Wouldn't % of bodyweight be a better measure?

Sure, I'm stronger than any non-roider in my gym (and a fair bit of the juicing bbers, too). But I look like an average gym bro who lifts 3x a week.

>it increases the chance of prostate cancer

I'm pretty sure that only happens if you go like many months without blowing a load. A week or so without fapping wouldn't do it

1/2/3/4 is in bw

lol damn nigga

Sarting Strenght

Being alive

And now you realise that in this day and age it's worth more to look like you bench 180kg than to actually do it.

>390 bench press

Fatty detected

Stretching between sets Will lack your strenght, warm up, don't stretch

Calf raises like a motherfucker.

Back when I was a freshman in highschool i was a chubby cunt but got compliments on my calves constantly cause when I wrestled in middle school my buddy dared me to do 500 calf raises in a day. I did 1000. I literally stand watching TV and do 1000 calf raises once a month and it makes your legs get crazy toned for like, a long while. The first few times you're gonna have extreme difficulty walking on stairs but outside of that it's so worth it

>Girls don't like sandpaper hands
>implying girls dont enjoy manly hands

anyways, I have calluses yet my hands/skin are still soft like a baby butt

High heels are your friend

>tfw starting to get into lower bf%
>calves and ass now from huge to average as fuck
>right calve is bigger than the left probably due to boxing

Farmer's walks, high intensity and high volume. Calves and forearms respond to both.

>gomad

>yohimbine

had some good times on that meme my man. i dunno about others but it makes ma dingus all tingly and makes being in savage-mode a lot more accessible

>not doing 16 scoops

it's like you don't even want to leave humanity behind.

Beginner strength routines generally stop being effective after 7-9 months as your noob gains start to run out. Also do SS, not that stronglifts bullshit

Why didn't the foam roller work?

I use it after every workout and I never get uncomfy tight muscles or doms now.

I think no-fap is more to help with ED and lack of motivation to find a grill.

Not so much the gains aspect of it

rip explains why it doesn't work:
"some shear force has to be applied during a massage to break adhesions and stretch fascias, and that the direct compression provided by a foam roller/PVC and your bodyweight has no shear component. "

The teeth on a foam roller provide a shear component though.
Sorry rip, I don't know what to say but it works for me.

>not getting benefit from foam rollers

All it takes is not being a retard. If you just looked at the bi-weekly routine of exercises and nothing else, then you're a retard. You're not doing the program. Why you'd be willing to spend multiple months doing a program and not spend more than 10 seconds reading about it is beyond me.

Let me point out one basic concept: SS and its variations are LINEAR strength gain programs. You're supposed to use them as a newbie in order to make LINEAR gains. They include methodologies related to stalling, but they're very basic because you're only meant to resort to them very very few times.

If you're on a linear program and are no longer progressing linearly, then you need a new god damn program. Something with periodization and more realistic progress schemes for your current (probably intermediate at the minimum) level.

if you think that people don't care about how big your legs are then you're a mouth breather who doesn't lift either. people don't have to workout to think that chicken legs look retarded

nofap is great for guys without the confidence to ask someone out

>he fell for the 16 scoop meme
>he only gets half of his daily require 32 scoops

Jesus wept

>he doesnt play the ol' scooptendo 64
not gonna make it

Homegym

I use resitstance bands for back and I'm seeing results.

Probably fucking miniscule compared to proper equipment though

whey protein

ever been to a beach or a picnic, or ever worn shorts around a girl?

eating loads of ben and jerry's to get big

p-pls tell me you're lying, i don't want to give up my banana split ;-;

My grandfather is like 60+ and has the thickest fucking calves ive ever seen in my life. Literally the only workout he did for the last 6 years has been cycling. Before that he ran like a motherfucker, but at 50 something his kneecaps have finally shit the bed. But i didnt notice his calves until like a year into his cycling obsession.

>Also do SS, not that stronglifts bullshit
whats the difference?

Not really. Even small men should be able to do this.

Nothing that matters.

>gloves give you grip instantly

dyel spotted

Its pretty damm close to useless

When i got back into it i fell for the Supp meme. Stopped taking them and never noticed a difference. I paid the price, but i learned.

What does 1/2/3/4 means?

Overhead press 1 plate
Bench Press 2 pl8
Squat 3pl8
Deadlift 4pl8

Learn southpaw faggot

Lifting would cure my autism

Are ab vacuums a meme? If I have wide hips, will they help me look more aesthetic?

Funny thing is I have benched 180kg and I looked like absolute dogshit when I did it. 20% bf easily. At last I was a big guy with clothes on.