How unhealthy is it to live on only fruit for extended periods of time? I'm a big fat baby with no self control...

How unhealthy is it to live on only fruit for extended periods of time? I'm a big fat baby with no self control, and I wanna lose weight. I seem to be able to manage going below maintenance when I only eat fruit for some reason. How unhealthy is it? I know they're bad macros for weightlifting, but that's not really a concern, if anything I'd like to lose some muscle

Other urls found in this thread:

aicr.org/enews/2016/01-january/enews-sugar-and-cancer.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
wheatbellyblog.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd be concerned about deficiencies and inadequate protein. Add a can of beans.

It's expensive, dumb and will probably fuck up your colon.

you'll die of pancreas issues exactly like steve jobs you fucking moron

The cost is really not too bad.
He straight up had pancreatic cancer, come on
yeah I considered that. there's no protein at all? as I said, I would kinda like to lose some muscle, but of course I know I need some to function. what about nuts and legumes?

>there's no protein at all?

Depending on your calorie intake, you'd probably get around 20 grams, which is less than half what your minimum protein needs are. If you add some veggies and beans, you'd do a lot better.

>The cost is really not too bad.
If you want an even slightly normal caloric intake it is.

Nietzsche also ate a diet largely consisting of fruit and he had fits of vomiting that would last weeks.

nietzche was also treated with mercury right? or am I misremembering.
sounds like maybe he ate too much acidic fruit. 20 bananas is only 8 dollars where I live, which is way more than I can eat in a day. And did you forget the idea was to cut down on calories?

>loads of sugar and no protien
>is this a good diet guise??

of course not you dipshit

That wasn't the question though. I was asking HOW unhealthy it was, implying an awareness of it being somewhat unhealthy at the very least

The sugar isn't what's unhealthy.

what is then? the fiber?

The lack of most nutrients. A diet high in fruits is good, just not if you're eating nothing else.

>I'd like to lose some muscle

What in the actual FUCK did you just say?

It's not cute

You can get most of your calories from fruit if you want, but have a chicken breast and a scoop of whey in whole milk each day for some actual protein and some fat content.

Cutting on 20 grams of protein a day is like the best way you can fuck your body composition and feel like shit. Like, you will eventually tank your albumin and clotting factors and shit and die from kwashiorkor.

Just eat some protein you retard.

I can mix some yogurt in smoothies and eat some meat occassionally, is that alright?

Yeah, but I might call the cops if you do. Better watch your back, faggot.

YES, CONSUME PROTEIN NIGGER

Use greek yogurt. Regular """yogurt""" is sugar laden bullshit for fat faggots.

Yes I use greek yoghurt generally

Instant death

>I'd like to lose some muscle
Get out

No

>deficiencies
this. sure, it's really filling. but holy shit does it cause deficiencies. also the high glucose/fructose content (especially in melons and the like) worsens deficiencies even more, since carbohydrate metabolism depletes you of minerals and vitamins.
also, do NOT go by the nutrient contents listed by apps like cronometer. It doesn't state, what amount you are actually able to absorb, which mostly depends on your genetics.

The biggest worry is that you might become an obnoxious fruitarian

>Cutting on 20 grams of protein a day is like the best way you can fuck your body composition and feel like shit.

Confirmed. Did this for months and months whilst doing a lot of endurance training. Body is fucked :(

Though there is protein in fruit, you're looking at 4-8% by calorie, which is not ideal, but doable for a while. I'd add green veggies on to this if I were you.

Also, you're going to get almost no fat, unless you're adding avocados/durians/coconut on to this in notable amounts. Again, you can do without for a while, and you don't need as much fat as the average Veeky Forumsizen gets, but your body will need more than bananas and pears will get you. Make sure you're getting some fats in there, or you will notice effects on body function after a while (skin quality, loss of period, tiredness, etc.)

Otherwise it's okay for a while.

A much better option is to design a diet you can do forever, and then develop the discipline to stick to it.

>sugar is bad
lmao

>a scoop of whey
do y ou want to give him diabetes

Pomegranate is the best fruit

Sugar feeds cancer and other bugs so yeah it's bad

>cancer and other bugs
The shellfish?

Everything feeds cancer

To much sugar imo

aicr.org/enews/2016/01-january/enews-sugar-and-cancer.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

> every cell in our bodies, including cancer cells, uses sugar (glucose) from our bloodstream for fuel.
>We get that blood sugar from foods we eat containing carbohydrates, including healthful vegetables, fruits, whole grains and low-fat dairy sources. Some glucose is even produced within our bodies from protein. But there’s no clear evidence that the sugar in your diet preferentially feeds tumors over other cells.

wheatbellyblog.com
People don't even know what's healthy anymore it's just sad

>wheatbellyblog.com

mom pls

Woah, pretty blatant shilling

>wheatbellyblog.com

>a blog is more reputable than a .org

ok

I don't think that blog is even disagreeing, I think user is just an incredibly unskillled marketer

Freely the banana girl did it, so it must be safe

I don't know the answer to your question but I do know that you're bowel movements will be horrendous.

op here, nah, it's actually pretty normal.