Creatine & Hair Loss

Is there a link between the two or is this meme science? From what I read it's vaguely connected and might speed up hair loss of it's already in your genetics.

Been using creatine for a couple months and noticed my hair's getting thin in some parts. I'm going to stop using it and see if my hair will improve. Baldness ruins in my family but not in their 20s. My brother has no hair loss problems and he's older than me, he doesn't work out or use creatine. So hopefully my hair goes back to normal...

Thoughts Veeky Forums? Should I kill myself now?

Other urls found in this thread:

belgraviacentre.com/blog/is-creatine-causing-my-hair-loss-and-will-it-grow-back/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just lift and don't worry about it

You're definitely perceiveing something thats not happen because you want to. Your hair is fine and creatine wont make it thin or fall out.

research it on scholar.google.com

it increases dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the head, affecting the scalp

DHT causes baldness

argan oil shampoo + mens rogain

creatine makes my hair fall faster.
This is not an opinion but rather a fact, I've been lifting for 8 years I know what I'm talking about

If you're prone to baldness, don,t use it imo. too bad since it's one of the very rare supplements that actually works a little

How many gr of creatine do you take per day?

25g, people who say 3-5 are dyels

Did it come back after you stopped

It's only a matter of time for me anyway so fuck it

yes my it's inevitable

That's confirmation bias friendo, there's no link. Google scholar is your friend.

If you are going bald it will makes the hair fall faster

ive looked into this

belgraviacentre.com/blog/is-creatine-causing-my-hair-loss-and-will-it-grow-back/

it might actually increase if it runs in your family

it may well be coincidental but I feel like it did make my hair recede faster. I think it was hairline maturation rather than actual balding because it's been stable for a while but it matured rapidly while on creatine and then I stopped and it seemed like the maturation slowed down.

I didn't really find much benefit of creatine anyway so I gave it up

I've been using it for a few years, 25 y/r old. I've still got a head full of hair. My understanding of the DHT conversation to accelerate baldness is pretty much genetic - if men in your family go bald early, it might accelerate it.

To be honest, if you're already losing your hair through natural means you might as well just accept your fate and take the creatine as you're destinied to lose it anyway.

Only side effect I dislike is I get some gut bloating.

Mate I'm 21 I haven't had anyone point out my hairline is looking weird until after I was taking creatine

Fuck my gay genetics just when things were going good this happens

What happens, if you use 5mg creatine and use The Big Three ( 1mg fina, 5% minox and ketanoz) at the same time?

there was only 1 study that suggested so, everything else is anecdotal

t's coincidental, most guys start taking in in their late 20s early 30s when hair loss often starts to happen anyway

is it really worth it man? looking at your hair in the mirror 24/7 and taking pills and shit everyday. ive already accepted it when i was in senior year that my hair will slowly disappear, ive learned to not give a fuck. just focus on getting Veeky Forums

this to
started for me at 18 when i noticed it was getting thin

kys

I wish I had some hair loss. I need to go to the barber every month and shave daily

thats like saying you wish you were poor because the bank couldnt hold all your money anymore

Having too much money doesn't hinder you though

if creatine causes hairloss, and meat has creatine in it... that means eating meat makes you go bald. VEGANS WIN YET AGAIN

Never been in Chiraq with a fat wallet, I take it.

Hair is for faggots anyway. Buy yourself a razor and ungay your head.

>t. Balding-at-25 manlet

trips confirm

Anecdotal evidence, but I started using creatine in late 2014, started noticing hair loss in mid 2015, just some hairline recession that only noticeable if you lifted the hair up and examined the hairline. Quit the creatine, but the hair loss has progressed rapidly, especially in just the past 6 months, even though I haven't taken creatine in over a year. It's extremely thin now and receded quite a bit too.

Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend creatine because of this.

Based on your post it sounds like this was going to happen because of your genetics regardless. Should it not have slowed down after you stopped.

>tfw wanna go on fina before my hairline gets to the point where its unsalvageable but terrified of it breaking my dick

From what I've read it's unlikely that it will happen or you can just be a man get rid if it all