FATTIES BTFO BY NHS

theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/03/hospitals-to-cut-costs-by-denying-surgery-to-smokers-and-the-obese?CMP=fb_gu

Thank you based UK nanny state
>FATTIES BTFO

The SJW obese rage on social media will fuel today's workout like never before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xPmtBg4wPH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Makes sense desu. My employer self funds our insurance plan here in the state and offers a discount for the tobacco free. I don't see why I don't also get a discount for not being obese or overweight

Fat people, druggies, and other self inflicted health issues should bar you from the NHS completely 2bh

whats wrong with helping people who smoke or who are fat

meh my gf is a nurse (inb4 reeee) and care is kind of the point of a healthcare system but from what i have heard if people don't even want to start improving themselves they should be barred from elective surgery like they are suggesting.

It's just the fatty tears are absolutely delicious, if this was just for smokers nobody would blink an eyelid.

>it's like racism
Fucking how???

it's only for elective surgery.
They don't give liver transplants for alcoholics because they'll just ruin it again so why should they give knee and hip replacements to obese patients that will just ruing the new ones as well.

Great. Now if only they managed to stop all the nurses and HCAs from being hamplanets themselves maybe they'd set a good example.

lel fatties

>be one of three guys in nurse class
>all of the women are getting chubbier as weeks go by
>other guys haven't really changed in weight
>tfw grils want ti pick us as often as possible for needle practice since our veins are easier to see

how can i avoid my nurse girlfriend from getting fat?
srs question?

Britain has public health care so the public pay for someones preventable long term idiocy

Why should I give up hours of my life working to pay taxes for some fat pigs knee surgery or diabeties related ailments?

These people literally believe that being fat cannot be changed, and that people are genetically like that, like skin colour, etc.

Hnghh these fatty tears are indeed delicious

Good luck with that.

My ex fiance was 130lbs 5'7" before she started nursing school. After we called it quits, she ballooned to over 300lbs. Glad I got off that train, she doesn't look the the same person anymore. Seems like it happens to a majority of nurses.

meal prep

a lot of shift workers balloon up because 1) they're surrounded by boring shit with minimal physical work, 2) there's an abundance of shitty food around and 3) most people cannot be fucked making dinner at 7 am after coming home from a night shift so they get shitty take away on the way home

That's entirely down to her and why she got into nursing. From my time working in the NHS there are two types.

Women or gay men who went into healthcare because "they want to help" and it's a typical feminine job with respect. They say they work hard, but look for shortcuts to everything or blame others when it goes wrong. Will have typical feminine interests and if they have a desk will clutter it with related niknaks.
These are fatties.

People who have a very specific as to why They want to be a nurse over anything else. They are very work focussed and perfectionists, but also want to get out of that door once the shift is over (but not before doing the job 100% first). Will usually have an unusual hobby outside of work they won' t bring into work beyond conversation.
These are rail thin but often look like they never sleep, despite being constantly energetic.

Having looked on other forums I can't believe how much negativity this has received. Like people are calling it evil and disgusting. Saw someone compare it cancer patients not being allowed chemo lol.
Now I'm left feeling confused. Am I a horrible person? Like it's not hard to stay at a normal weight. It's not expensive, you can't tell me "ohh but what about the (financially) poor people, this hurts them the most as they can't afford proper nutrition". If you're fat it's because you're greedy and have no willpower. Sorry if that makes me Hitler or someshit.

>The decision by an NHS body to restrict obese patients’ access to elective surgery until they lose weight is comparable with racial or religious discrimination, a surgeon has said.

Very first line in the article.

Are some people allergic to personal responsibility?

>based
>inefficient bureaucratic mess that forces responsible hard-working people to pay for lazy fatarse junkies to sustain their shitty lifestyles
Fuck off commie

no.

most countries do not allow alcoholics new livers, same goes for IV drug users. these people want obesity to be attributed to more than laziness and become a food addiction, or sugar addiction or whatever to negate blame. cool, that's fine. in doing that, the addiction will have consequences medically.

frankly i wouldnt be fucking complaining. alcoholics get told to eat a dick and die when they need new livers. this is just elective surgery.

Make sure she doesn't stress eat.
Pretty sure my classmates are just bothered by the pressure to not fail at the high workload of nurse classes

I've always thought the NHS shouldn't have to subsidise peoples bad choices.
> Get cancer randomly, fair play could happen to anyone. Here's some gibs.
> Stuff your fucking face everyday, baloon up like a mother fucker. No gibs, use temperance or your own fucking money.

That I am forced to give my money to people who make bad choices. No different from welfare, really.

the worst are the comments like
>hurr durr i'm 5'4 with big boobs and my BMI is 31, i am healthier than all my friends

Look up what that actually means
>82-84kg
>at 5'4

How delusional are these people to think that they couldn't lose a couple of pounds to fit into the range for an elective operation if they needed to.

yeah she's like the definition of high test but on the knife edge of chubby, it's a shame cos she has a 8/10 face and a 9/10 personality and is generally wayyy out of my league. I would probably stay with her and try and help until it got completely out of hand
she does bring her own food but i think she has a completely fucked metabolism from having an eating disorder in the past. But of course i can't say anything because she is a nurse and i am not..
she is more second, she sees it more as a job like any other and a tool to do a lot of things with her life.

Foot and leg rubs if she already works

>the guardian

what did you expect

> deny service to people with bmi of 30 or more
> bmi

Wow that's retarded. So if you're rocking hard abs with great bone density from decades of watching your diet, exercise, and lifestyle, these brit cucks are gonna lump you in with fat fucks and smokers.

Getting your stomach stapled is elective surgery
What if the procedure they want is to stop them from being fat

You won't require any of the kind of operations that fat people do though (hopefully!). You're not going to be denied any kind of treatment if you have a BMI over 30.

Reddit is unsurprisingly raging about this. They are saying that people already pay sugar taxes, tax on cigarettes, and all of that contributes toward the nhs.

What they don't understand is an individual will never pay for any elective surgery they need through their own goods tax. In a privatise system they would have to pay more anyway; why should people like me and my girlfriend, who work hard at our jobs, and are both physically active and fit, pay for our fat chain smoking neighbors health and have it detract from any serious procedures we may need in the future? (Heart problems run in my family; left ventricular hypertrophy)

if anyone is retarded its you, at 12% and our maximum genetic potential you could easily be overweight but impossible to be obese, unless you are very very tall. Also you fucking idiot it's for elective surgery you pleb, they aren't gonna deny you all healthcare.

i don't see how that could possibly help with weight loss...

then they should be at least be able to lose 10% of their bodyweight first.

If she stress eats relieve them of common nurse stress: 12 hour on feet all day leg and foot pain

> mother is a cardiologist, brother is in Medical school
> brother intensely hates fatties, says that hamplanets are ridiculously more difficult to treat no matter what and they're all uncooperative
> mother instead is *only* disgusted by fatties
> a cold, icy disgust
> she has many times told obese people they're going to die, both alone and in front of their children and spouses
> she's told me that last month she had a fatso and his wife for a consultation, and kept saying to her that there was no way his dick was usable, their sex life must have been dead
> the wife only looked at her husband and later thanked my mother for saying that (lol)
> some of my cardio-mom's worst life experiences were on the surgery room with fatties
> says she has many times lost obese patients because they were too fat for cardiac massage
> once she tried massaging someone with her entire body weight, throwing herself over him, the whale still died
> she looks at fatties on the street with sorrowful disgust
> is 50 years old but looks like she's on her late 30s, refuses to let herself go
> she was the one who motivated me to get Veeky Forums
> we laugh at fatties together
> mfw she gets triggered by fatties
based cardio-mom, guise

you gonna fuck her then?

> fucking a woman

underrated post

>Medics deny you help to save a couple of bucks.
>Top kek
Based, you people really don't get what the new world is going to be, do you?
This is not being made to 'motivate' anyone, its made to maximize profits.

>This is a post on a board that has an eternal gear thread.

May I fuck your mom, user?

How are they implementing this? Is it anyone who has a cheeky fag or are we talking 30-50 a day self destructive chain smokers? Are they defining obese by BMI alone or BF% because I'm sure most of this board is in that category. I'm 6lbs away from obese and need surgery on my shoulder and lady parts but I'm active, strong and really do not look obese. My doctor always looks confused af when I get weighed before they give me my BC pills. Most people I see that actually look fat like it's affecting their health are probably in the morbidly obese bracket

tell us your height and weight, or post a pic to prove it. Besides 6lb is quite a bit really, or if it isn't to you then you should be able to lose it easily for any kind of surgery.

They get fat because:
> Shift workers eat like shit, don't have time to cook, snack a lot
> Stress eating (especially now you can't smoke on hospital grounds)
> Naturally put on weight. Most student nurses are late teens/early twenties. They haven't yet had the massive jump in weight most women get around the age of 24
> They're whores who go on the pill which fucks with their hormones.

The r/unitedkingdom NEETs are fucking furious.

Mostly they've fixated on how BMI will say a body builder or rugby player is overweight.

Which ignores how such people make up less than 10% of the population and an assessment of obesity would be more than a BMI.

Im.male student nurse... Meal prep...shit gets hard at 11 hours to 13 on long shifts and you eat whatever the fuck ias about on your 15 minutes....and its always boxes of chocolates cos patients cant say thankyou without calories....

Im not gay or a woman... I must be this perfectionist you speak of....

>There are no repercussions for bad decision making and people will foot the cost of your bad decision making while being blamed for not helping you make better decisions

If it's a reasonable level of fatness or smoking then about time, some people just have a death wish.

Holy shit. BTFO

Do you provide free care to the motorbiker who fell off? Or the rugby player who broke his leg? Or the suicidal who overdosed? Or the stunt man who snapped his spine? Where is this line of lifestyle choices you draw?

its different though, smoking/being obese isn't parallel to playing rugby.

And even then how many people are stunt men? or play rugby?

suicidal who overdosed should just be left to do what he wants, unless he is insane.

stuntman would be insured
rugby player would almost certainly be insured
the motorbike rider may not have been at fault

the only example you have provided which even closely resembles this is the overdose and even then, you're confusing life saving surgery with elective surgery, the latter being what is being denied to fatties.

elective surgery that results from obesity is chronic wear and tear. it's not acute, it's not perhaps a small error on a motorbike that sees you fall off after years of smart riding. it's being an ignorant shitter in an age where there's no excuse for ignorance.

I think they are talking excessive and obvious glaring obesity and smoking. As in your lungs are so black I could run a finger on them and spell my name or you're so fat we can't fit you onto a gurney levels.

Not "oh you smoke a few a day?"

>tfw my edgy as fuck skinny skeleton friend from middle school wanted to cosplay Alex for Halloween
>tfw he died from low blood sugar related to his type 1 diabetes

Fuck I didn't want these feels right now...

Holy fuck are you guys me?

>M. nurse student.
>Had this huge crush on this one girl in first year
>Fades, now three years later she's gained a noticeable amount of weight

Dodged a fucking bullet bros

I'm and I'v'e had a hard time gaining weight while working as a nurse. I've gained 44lbs in two years but I've had to force myself to the point of almost puking in order to do it. And I'm still considered a skeleton by most on this board. I'm 176lbs @ 6ft.

Shift work fucks with my meal timing and sleep. I often don't have the time to even eat 2k calories when I actually need 4k. I have to make due with gainer shakes COME ON and four double cheeseburgers for the quickest calories. And even at that I'm not gaining much,

Aye, unless she keeps slim through school or you know she's really healthy lifestyle oriented, whether gym/diet/both, prepare for an eventually chubby nurse gril.
But if you're a chubby chaser and you want a gril that'll bring good amounts of money to the table, marry any nurse

Those 12 hour walks are good cardio

Nah. I need athletic girls desu. Not a lot of them despite spending the last three years with 150+ girls.

Couple of hot women in their late thirties and fourties, though. Surprisingly they are the most fun.

Look more for physical trainers, yoga coaches, crossfit(I know) chicks, or outdoorsy types that go hiking
Average gril will not care about athleticism as long as she can fit in her pants.

As a british person trying to understand this I think we call a steak round a rump instead

youtube.com/watch?v=xPmtBg4wPH0

f-full homo?

nhs needs the money to pay for jamals dental care