Acne General

>How to avoid acne
>Is it diet, genetics, routine, hygiene, etc
>effects of supplements on acne(does creatine affect acne, etc)

>Is it diet, genetics, routine, hygiene etc.

Your diet, genetics and hygiene all play a big role there. For me, over the top protein intake gives me backne like mad. No idea what you mean with routine though.

I also can't tell you shit about supps because I have good genetics in terms of acne.

I basically just reply in order to say:

>NO KITTY THOSE ARE MY GAINS

NO KITTY THOSE ARE MY GAINS!

NO KITTY THOSE ARE MY GAINS

Diet, genetics, and hygiene.

1. Diet: avoid red meats, eat the veggies, avoid dairy, eat the fruits, and go for moderate carbs. Load up on chicken and eggs though.
2. Genetics: Wild card here.
3. Hygiene: Wash your face often and don't touch your face with your hands. In fact, wash your hands too. If you have bad acne, use toner (lemon juice and apple cider vinegar work well) to clear out the crap on your face after washing and put some non-irritating lotion on. Clean up after you work out, sweating is #1 cause of acne other than working in a dusty/muddy/crappy environment or exfoliating the crap on your skin.

No kitty those are my gains!

>avoid red meats

hello blue pill

>lemon juice
ISHYGDDT

For real get a cleanser with something like glycolic acid or some kind of bacteria fighting shit, tea tree oil works too/benzyl peroxide and use it every day, twice or three times depending on how bad ur shit is. Then got a spot treatment with either Benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid or both if ur shits bad and use it once/twice/three times a day. Then put on a moisturizer throughout the day and change ur pillowcase / sleep with a towel. I went to a dermatologist and he prescribed some shit but I didn't want to be on antibiotics so I do this instead

no kitty those are my gains

Stopped drinking milk because I was on vacation and my skin cleared up. Started drinking milk when I got back and it got worse. Stopped drinking milk and now it is clearing up again. So far this has been the only thing that has helped me. All products have made my skin worse.

A couple things that helped me:

1. Drying my hair with a towel after I shower. This stops my hair from getting greasy during the day and in turn prevents the oily skin and clogged pores that lead to acne.

2. I use a cleanser twice a day.

That has worked pretty well, but my gen med doctor prescribed me a topical antibacterial cream that I think is supposed to kill the bacteria that are exacerbating my clogged pores. We'll see how that works.

I use to have a real shit face.

Then I used that thayers non-alchol toner and cerve motorizing lotion, and after two weeks. It cleared up like crazy.

I'd recommend that toner 100 pct. Make sure you buy cotton swabs as well.

No kitty those are my gains

What is the best product for skin cleaning?
I've heard good things about tea tree oil, salicylic acid, etc
What are the meme fake cleansers and which actually work

this is all broscience and absolutely fucking horrible advice, I'm cringing like fuck at the lemon and vinegar shit holy fuck as I keep reading I'm more incredulous at your retardedness

alright, let me help you out
first, diet doesn't seem to matter very much. dairy consumption has been linked to acne in a few studies, and it seems to be worse the lower the fat percentage in the milk people consume (skim is worst, semi skim, then whole is least associated). with that said, it's not the sort of thing we can do clinical trials for, so there's no clear causative relationship across the board (that is, for all kinds of people). if you suspect certain foods are contributing to your breakouts, try cutting them out for six weeks, take pictures, and see if you were right. I suspect it's highly individual, but that sugar might play a role accross the board.

skincare:
wash your face once a day with a gentle facewash that suits your skin type (oily, dry, combination, or normal). cerave is a great brand. washing your face more than once a day will be counterproductive; dryness can make your skin more susceptible to irritation, and thus to acne.
there are two main types of pimples: pustules (white heads) and papules (cysts/bumps). [side note: a lot of what people think of as blackheads are actually just sebaceous follicles--google it-- and by extracting their contents, people inflame them and make them worse.] retinoids tend to work well with pustules, and bezoyl peroxide works really well with papules. spot treatment is bullshit--active ingredients in acne creams (as opposed to drying agents), like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, tretinoin, etc, only work to prevent new pimples from forming--they don't work as spot treatment. so, your routine should look like this:
AM
wash face
moisturize, if necessary
retinoid all over affected areas
sunscreen (BP and retinoids make your skin super sensetive to sunlight)
PM
BP all over affected areas

(1/2, cont)

the reason you split the BP and the retinoid up is that they can react and the retinoid oxidize if they combine wet, thus becoming less effective.

Benzoyl peroxide can be very irritating, so it's best to start out with a low concentration, since you'll be putting it all over your face; 2.5% is good.

there are three major retinoids: adapalene, tazarotene, and tretinoin. adapalene is generally the gentlest and is very effective and doesn't require a prescription at 2% in the US.
with that said, you may want to try all three and see which one works best for you. to compare effectively, stage a tournament on your face. For about a month, use one retinoin on the right half of your face and the other on the left half. Compare results, then stick with the victor at the end of the two months.

for sunscreen, make sure to get something with high UVA protection. idk if you've seen the pic of the french bus driver, but sunscreen is legit.

best of luck to you.

(2/2)

what french bus driver

truck, my bad

NO KITTY THOSE ARE MY GAINS >:(

what am i looking at was he using sunscreen only on half his face all his life

no kitty those are my gains

How do I get rid of backne? I don't understand. I don't have much acne except on my back. Do I just anhero?

Also

he was in a truck, one side of his face was exposed to the sun

Diet and hygiene will get you pretty far by themselves. That said genetics could still fuck you over in the end.

NO KITTY THOSE ARE MY GAINS!!!!

Anyone have experience with acne on legs? I've tried benzoylperoxide and urea creams so far, no results.

If you have bad acne going to a dermatologist is your best bet taking advice from Veeky Forums not so much.