iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bvb_V_FF7VA
youtube.com/watch?v=e_Pr33jZrO0
halotop.com/flavors/
customworkoutplanner.com/workout-wizard.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still fairly new to lifting. How should I space my workouts apart?

Say I did chest day today. How long should I wait before I do chest day again?

At the moment I do;
>chest day
>arms day
>legs day
>core/etc/rest day
>repeat
Is this optimal? Or should I do it a different way?

If you had to choose between incline dumbbell press and dips what would you do

What about your back? You should just have a day between each part, I would say

Dips.

Chest dips

That's what I'm thinking, too

Stop doing bodypart splits as a beginner. SS/SL or other full-body linear progression programs will get you stronger, faster.

Dips or close grip bench are going to be the best bet, depending.

is eating bran flakes or corn flakes as a snack Veeky Forums approved?

Is there a chart or infographic that specifies the ideal weight/bf% for people depending on their height?

I do back with chest. More like upper body day.

I'm not brand new but I'm also not not a beginner. I've been lifting nearly 4 months now.

Can someone tell me if I'm fucking up

I try to run for 30-60 mins MW&F
After running I lift
Is running before lifting counterintuitive?

Yeh, run after workout or on off days, if you're in great shape, do HIIT

>I'm not brand new but I'm also not not a beginner. I've been lifting nearly 4 months now.

Length of time lifting isn't what defines a novice - ability to get linear gains is.

Ideal for what?

IIFYM

Is there a 2015 album?

>asking again, because I asked in a misleading way previously.

Usually I work out on Mon, Wed and Fri. (AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx).

It's always been like this.

Now, I can't work out next Wed. How do I schedule my workouts now (in that week and the next one) to have optimal rest?

iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

How fucked am i ?
beside being 6'3" DYEL

Some Scraping on the TOP of my knees and weakness in inner groin.
also how the hell do I prevent flexing my biceps and what position should my shoulders be in?

lastly is 95lb-->175lb good for the first three weeks of lifting?

Fattie here, starting the gym soon.

My mobility is shit and I can barely use proper form for squats etc. What are the best stretches to loosen off completely before doing those movements.

Hips too low, knees too far forward over bar, not using your lats.

Then do it the next day. Any three nonconsecutive days/week. It's not rocket science.

Stop looking at yourself in the mirror. Head neutral. On way down break hips first, then knees after bar passes them. Focus on keeping arms locked/lats engaged. Shoulders neutral. Good progress.

Hmm, awesome thanks....how do I use my lats? that's the bit i cant seem to grasp.

I've heard "bend the bar" before, but I cant quite seem to grasp the concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc

Thanks!

Grip the bar, pack your shoulders down and try to rotate your arms so that your elbows are pointing back.

You can't actually do this (you'd have to bend the bar to pull it off, hence the cue), but the attempt will flex your lats.

Thank you user

So I have extremely tight hip flexors. It's gotten to a point where it bothers me even when I walk. I've tried foam rolling, stretching, active stretching.. eating activated almonds doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Help me brehs.

hmm, I'll Definitely put these in to practice come Monday.
Thanks mates

>Length of time lifting isn't what defines a novice - ability to get linear gains is.
Soooooooooooo how long should I wait before working out the same muscles again?

Why do you faggots have break days?
I enjoy exercising too much to not do it for a day and it would kill me to even try going 2 days without lifting something.
Why take breaks instead of just spacing out your exercises in a way that let's muscles rest while you work on other muscles?

What are the best exercises for building the chest muscles? I'm currently doing cable flies, and bench press, even though bench press isn't that good for building the muscles.

72 hours

AxBxC
or
ABxCDxx
or
ABCxABCx

etc

How do I find a woman who isn't a miserable mess?

Butterfly/Pec-Dec
Chest Dips
Incline Dumbbell Press
Press ups

Why do I always feel like shit when I wake up after a workout? My muscles are sore throughout the day but when I wake up I feel the worst.

Does anyone have the infographic from Veeky Forums about a meal that iirc has:

chicken, beans, rice, sriracha and some other crap in it.

I forgot the recipe. P-pls respond, user.

imgur.com/a/5nbmA is a link to all the recipes.

Not sure which one is the one you're on about though

My gym closes on Sundays.

Is push/pull/legs a meme?

You stop being a miserable mess who only attracts women that are a miserable mess.

Thanks, user.

Because it's required for constant linear progression.
Not to say you cant do daily sub maximal Chins and proper pushups on a pretty bare GSLP, but most programs are designed to get the numbers higher and higher, and that requires resting in order to be able to make the 5-10+lbs jumps.

If your goal is athleticism, that's your primary goal. Not strength focused training.
Daily training isn't ideal for strength focused athletes.
Unless you're an elite level Olympic lifter with superior genes and gear.

Can you have overdeveloped hamstrings? I'm thinking about dropping squats from my routine and just more sets deadlifts but I'm not sure if it's actually a good idea.

3 words: Upper/Lower split

I've got a food addiction that I need to kick. To break my previous addiction (smoking) I had to cut it cold turkey. Weening myself off of the cylindrical jew never worked, and it wasn't until I just threw away all my cigs and refused to get a patch or anything that I was actually able to break that addiction.

I've gotten to the same point with food now. I know food is required to eat, but I can't get passed the nagging sense of desire for food, even when I'm not hungry. I've decided to do a fast in order to hopefully break that desire aspect.

How should I go about fasting? I know drink plenty of water, but is there anything else I should be doing in order to ensure my health is maintained throughout this fast? How long is it safe to fast for?

food is required to live*

Can someone recommend me an online store for hq gym equipment?
I'm mainly looking for:

barbell/dumbbell/weights, weight rack
squatrack, bench etc.
versatile cable station

Same problem dude.

I have a solution that's working well for me.
Go on a mono diet. You can't abstain for long enough to break addictive tendencies.

Buy soylent or make your own. There's lots of recipes. I buy mine from joylent, tastes pretty good.

But just have that for as long as it takes. Two weeks, three weeks, whatever. Do it until you're used to it. At the start you'll crave like a motherfucker so don't have any other food in the house if you can. But eventually you'll adjust and won't mind it.

From there add one day a week when you eat regular meals without over eating or anything. Then two days a week, until you're eating healthily every day.

Food addiction is a motherfucker, so constantly be on your guard. If you fuck up, try again the next day.

Which still usually can't be done every day. The stuff that's secondary to movements on both days starts to take a real beating if you're trying to do it seven days a week.

I actually have four boxes of soylent in my closet right now. I tried my best to stick to it, but I very quickly caved and started only using it when I "couldn't make my own meals", which was code for "never".

I'll consider giving it another shot. Any way to deal with the cravings?

Is it ok to bench more than once a week/consecutive workouts?

Like say I was doing SL but AAB instead of ABA

You can. It won't work quite as well for SL as doing ABA but its not going to break you or anything.

Look for german doner kebab recipe, like in picture
Make your own sauce based on low-fat quark
Try out different types of meat, go veggie outside of lunch

basically tasty, stomach filling zero calories

Best way to stick to it is to limit access to food. Don't go to the shops, don't buy food.
Caffeine and nicotine help. Drinking tons of water helps.
Sometimes just getting rid of the urge to masticate does it. Like just get a massive bag of lettuce or spinach or whatever and work through it.

But honestly sometimes you have to just sit and crave shit till it goes away. But if you're not actually hungry, the desire to eat will pass whether you act on it or not.

The first week on soylent is the worst. Just fight it for a while and you'll get over it.

is it bad to ohp and dl in running shoes?

I know I shouldn't use my squat shoes for DLs but what about ohp?

Alright. I'll give soylent another shot and if that doesn't work I'll try fasting. What would be a good filler to add to soylent in order to meet my TDEE needs? 2k kcal a day is like 1k under my TDEE. I was thinking peanut butter or just adding bananas or something

I need some low calorie snacks anyway for whenever I get back into eating correctly

Try shoeless.

Is instagram the best social network/website/app for fitness inspiration and motivation and shit? Having some trouble finding people worth following that aren't trying to sell me something but not having much luck on other sites either.

how come so many faggots leave the gym without stretching. How many of you dumb fuccbois even stretch post workout? You are missing gains

>You are missing gains
Do tell

Post a routine for someone who focuses on compounds?

I normally DL shoeless but the gym owners throw a hissy when they see shoeless people

your muscles get stretched on the ecentric portion of a lift retard

What stretches should be done? Does foam rolling work better than stretching?

How do i overcome my obsession with shoving food in my face to ease the pain of my depression?

Start autistically tracking the foods you shove in your face.
Turn your depression into OCD.

>wahh muh knee hurts in squats but I cant touch muh toes
>wahhh muh shoulder hurts during dips but I cant stretch muh arms back
>wahhh I cant bench right or do rows because I dont know how to touch my scapulas together
>I think I went snap city in muh deadlifts but I cant do an arch

stretching muscles increases the length of the muscle. Google a picture of muscle.

who focuses on compounds...nigga he fell for the ss meme

that's not flexbility. That's getting to the point of pulling a muscle if it's tight. Lots of people get calf strains because they don't stretch calves. Eccentric portions are normal movements, not really a stretch you retard. The only thing that I can think of that would actually stretch in eccentric is hanging during a pullup.

Even with socks? In that case, whatever has the firmest sole.

>the length of the muscle
>gains

How do I get myself into that mindset?

Stretching is better because it pulls your muscle. Foaming is alright, but I think it's a meme. Just do some massaging and you're fine. My doc does it half the time, but stretching is always mandatory for patients

Write everything down right before you eat it. You can't eat it unless you write it down and track everything.

Rogue racks are built like tank armor. The SML-1 with spotter arms is USD 600 last I checked.

Look on Amazon for the OB86PB and OB6PBCK bars; they're not top-tier, but decent and relatively inexpensive.

Plates, get them off Craigslist.

Because stretching has no value.

Is going jogging every day bad for your gainz? A friend who recently started going to the gym claims this, but I've noticed I've been getting better and gaining stamina since I began two months ago.

Why do people waste money on foam rollers when tennis balls work just as well

Where can I learn how to dance? mates want to go clubbing all time but I dont, I mean I like to dance when I'm home alone like michael jackson and stuff liek that kek but that's it, so I just go to the club and find a spot to lean on until we decide to leave

any youtube videos/channels?

2 things

>Is salad a good source of protein?

also

>Lifted for 8 months with improper nutrition
>went from 6'4 135 to 6'4 175
>Broke wrist
>went back to 165
>Be lifting and eating right for two months
>Hit 180 recently
>Should I SS or brosplit?

Has anyone tried that halotop ice cream shit?
Is it any good? Kinda wanna try it for funsies. If it's any good, I'll consider it. If not, I'll just stick with muh b&j

So what's the deal with Tabata sprints? I find it hard to believe 4 minutes of it replaces 30 minutes of steady state cardio for weight loss.

Youe friend is retarded, light cardio is great for recovery because it gets the blood flowing to your muscles, plus it increases work capacity. Which means you can workout more often and with more intensity. The only downside is that you to compensate for the calories lost but thats nothing a couple spoons of peanut buttet cant fix.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bvb_V_FF7VA

you don't have to know how to dance to dance in clubs.
literally all there is to it is moving your head with the beat and then moving you're body however the fuck you want.
no one is looking at you.
no one cares about you.

Do reload animations

Can i get a DL form check?
youtube.com/watch?v=e_Pr33jZrO0

It's not exactly Ben & Jerry's but it's surprisingly good, especially if you let it get soft. Can't argue with those macros. Tried first five flavors on: halotop.com/flavors/ and expected to like mint chip as that is one of my favorite normal ice cream flavors, but there are barely any chips in there. All decent, but I liked Lemon Cake the best. Hear good things about birthday cake though.

Looking good. Just break at the knees after the bar passes them on the way down.

Finally made the decision to get active and fit because I feel like fucking garbage and am pretty overweight (285 pounds, 5'11'').

I went in to get a physical evaluation from a personal trainer who I start training with in a week.
He gave me the assignment of doing 40 squats a day and start practicing pushups.

Is it normal to really struggle moving or going up/down stairs the next day after doing squats? Will I ever get used to this to where I can do squats and actually be able to move?

Also, how many pushups would you recommend a beginner do per day? I really struggle with them. I can half-assedly do about 5 before my arms feel like giving out.

>Is it normal to really struggle moving or going up/down stairs the next day after doing squats?
Yep.
>Will I ever get used to this to where I can do squats and actually be able to move?
I don't know because I'm a lazy shit who just does cardio instead of leg day. I fucking hate leg day.

how the fuck do you activate your back muscles with one arm dumbbell rows? im doing sets of 8 reps and i cant really feel the burn in my mid back like im supposed too -- i feel it more in my shoulders and lats. im following the form advice: slow and controlled eccentric pulling motion, keeping the dumbbell close to my midline and squeezing my mid-back muscles.

customworkoutplanner.com/workout-wizard.php

What the fuck happened with Scooby's workout generator? i remember the quiz being way more in depth and had many more questions.

I remember it asking if you got a workout buddy or if you got dumbbells and shit at home.

for weighted chinups/dips, i'm going to put some weights in a backpack. should i put the backpack on my back or my front for these exercises?

Anyone have a decent SS modified for strongman?

Why not just use a DB or two?

So I can't squat like a slav, Veeky Forums
The best I can go is like my ass and tights parallel to the floor, or I will lose balance and form.
Now, is there any flexibility exercises I can do to compliment my squats, and should I even squat at this point?
I mean, an incomplete squat sounds like something bad waiting to happen.

I'll have to do that now

what is are literally no bullshit the best way to lose fat and keep muscle, provided youre reasonably bulked.

Give me all the secrets, all the things that work yes or yes

cut at no more than 500 deficit and eat high protein

are neck exercises a meme?

Steroids