Just broke a weight while deadlifting

Just broke a weight while deadlifting

wat do Veeky Forums?

Apologize

Hide it before you get charged.

tell the owner.

You should drop the bar from above your waist next time. After you deadlift it make sure to lift it up at least to your chest before dropping it.

learn proper form you asscrack. it's called deadlifting, as in lift from a dead stop, not dropthebarbecauseimaweakshitlifting

learn to pick the weight up and put it down, not rocket science.

>35 lbs

I left a note and slid it under the office door, will I get kicked out for something as small as this?

how'd you break a 35? do you use them for increased ROM or are you just weak as shit?

45+45+35+bar, not sure why the 35 even broke I barely dropped the bar

refer to

desu if you barrely dropped it that weight is poorly made, it honestly looks more like it fell apart on its own

damn it's a good thing you were doing deadlifts then or you could have rekt urself

I hope so man. This gym is the only one close to my current place

If I get kicked out I'm fucked

plea autism

eat it

You should offer to replace it. Chances are the owner will decline your offer because owning a gym you'll expect some shit like this to happen and plan for it financially, however he will think you are a top lad and are genuinely sorry for the damage.

How much would it cost? I feel kinda bad since its a smaller gym

just looking at how it's made the gym would've more liable to damage to you if that shit had falled apart while you were doing idk cleans, don't say you broke it, it fell apart

This tbqh

Being friends with a gym owner can't have a downside

Look at how fragile that shitty plate even looks, why would they have ever even bought those?

Anyway you're either getting bumper plates or you just got diddlies banned for life at your gym. 99% probability the latter but theres always hope

This.

Those don't look like they're made for commercial use. I wouldn't offer to pay for it or apologize. It's not like you were abusing the equipment, it's just poorly designed.

Usually weights are about $1/lb. So if it was a 35 about $35. Highly unlikely you actually end up paying for it, you just want to make a good gesture. I had this same exact thing happen to me and I ended up giving my gym owner 35 cash and he gave me a free month (which was actually $45). Most gym owners are chill and will appreciate you being cool about it more than anything.

Those weights look like ass why the fuck do they have handles? And plastic handles!!

they look like shit. a pair of 10 kg legit oly plates here cost like $180 iirc. that's for good shit oly plates. i'd say a plate like that would set you back less than $100 even if he jews you.

just own it and offer to pay. i know that's what i'd do.

I would be careful benching or doing other shit with those.

this

claim that it could of hurt you somehow. Plates shouldn't snap into shards like that. If your gym doens't have rules againsts deadlifting then you have done nothing wrong and its their fault

not your fault op, these plates are designed to break

>Be an asshole
>Don't pay for shit
>Kicked from the gym
Or
>Take responsibility
>Get on good terms with the owner
>Keep lifting at the same place

Those plates are shit and the owner knows it.

Might as well use these plates

OP here

Probably going to own up and offer to pay, but I'm still going to tell them the weights are shit.

i'd hold off on telling them they're shit unless a) they really try to rip you off for the cost of a new plate and/or b) they get shitty at you about breaking the plate

Don't worry those aren't real weights.

Why the fuck do you not have shoes on at the gym?

With a shitty weight like that, probably 20-30 bucks.

Those plates aren't for dead-lifting in the first place, you clod.

Let management know, and don't do it again. You'll be fine.

Tell those faggots to buy better plates.

did you get deadlift insurance before you left the desk today?

They usually ask if you reserved a bar

Inb4 your gym closes down for a week to fumigate for plate mites

Step one: hide the broken plate where someone won't see it
Step two: run to the store to buy some super glue
Step three: retrieve the plate from hiding, glue it back together, put it back on the weight tree

Of course, this won't actually fix the broken plate and it will just fall apart the next time it takes any sort of stress, but it will make the poor sap who happens to use it next think that he was the one who broke it. Congratulations OP, you have successfully passed the buck.

Switch to overhead deadlifts. Way safer and the weights don't hit the ground

OP

YOU THINK COMPLETELY WRONG

A WEIGHT WHO BREAKS IS A DANGER TO YOU AND THE GYM SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO YOU FOR PUTTING YOU IN DANGER.

FFS OTHER PEOPLE WOULD SUE THE SHIT OUT OF THE GYM NOW.

DONT GO THE SIMPLE LANDSCAPE ROUTE. GO FINAL ULTIMATE BLITZKRIEG.

Sue the shit out of that gym. That could have literally killed you. Or tread to do it, and get free membership ferleife.

Peridot get off of Veeky Forums you gemlet

Lmao

Don't be a cuck. You already paid for a membership, why the fuck would you pay extra because the gym owner is too much of a cheapass to buy proper fucking plates that don't explode?

Was breaking the plates part of your plan?

>he doesn't visit the plate merchant for premium plates or buy equipment insurance

why are you wearing socks you mong.

Stack it so it looks whole and lean it on the weight rack, then wait for someone to put their weights back. If they walk away then yell at them for leaving their weight next to the rack and give 'em 'the eye'.

Then when they pick it up and see that its broke gasp really loud and say "WHO DID THAT?!", while slowly backing away toward the exit.

>framing your siblings when you're 7

no

>offer to pay
unless it's your friend's home gym the what the fuck?
a gym's a business. gym equipment are a business expense. having to replace them from time to time is expected and budgeted for. just say sorry because you're a nice guy but there's no fucking way you should feel the need to pay for that. everyone paying their monthly gym fee pays for the fixing and replacing of equipment. that's why you pay the god damn fee in the first place. you don't go to the gym just to get out from the rain you go there because it's a facility where gym equipment is purchased and maintained for use by the members.

are you the faggot at anytime who broke my weights

what you gonna do about it?

tell mom

Tell the owner/manager you nearly broke your foot because of the ahitty plate, tell him you were doing clean and press and it just fell apart. Just to be safe, because you don't know how he will react to his equipment being damaged and he may hold you responsible and kick you out. Which would be not unlikely if it happened in my (cheap andcommercial) gym, where deadlifts are frowned upon. If your gym is a powerlifting or weightlifting one though, just straight up tell him "the weight broke". No need to try and cover your ass but definitely no need to apologise either.

It's an anytime fitness

Answer the god damn question about not wearing shoes. If you aren't kicked out for the weight you should be for that.

Running shoes have compression soles which aren't totally solid, plus it's less distance to pull the weight

Try it, you feel alot more stable

I've broken a $5000 machine before from what was properly improper use. I told the owner that his machine broke on me and almost hurt me. He was all apologetic about it and had it fixed that week, told me his glad im okay haha!

Cure your autism by wearing chucks.

>chucks
>less autistic than bare feet
nice try schlomo

>wearing shoes like a respectable employed adult
>lifting with your dirty homeless feet on a filthy public floor
You may only choose one

Real deadlift doesn't have a downward motion. You're supposed to drop it when you get to the top

>a respectable adult
>wearing pic related
user I know this might come as a shock to your 15 year old world view but you can only pick one

oy vey you need to go to the mall goyim and pay $60 on these ugly shoes you don't want or otherwise people will think you're AUTISTIC because only AUTISTIC people have feet unlike the other 7 billion pairs of feet there exist on planet earth you don't want that do you now go spend money like the good consumer you are

>that guy that drops his 135lbs 1rm

Yes he would clearly look less stupid if he were barefoot. You showed me.

You can pick up a pair for $20 on the clearance rack. Ask your parents for the money since you don't know how to shop on your own.

why would I pay any amount of money to make my lifts worse?
oh yeah because you're a teenager panicing over what others might think if they saw you OH MY GOD without shoes!!? in the gym???? that's SO not cool!

those plates look so fucking shite no wonder it broke

chucks were iconic long before you and this faggot were born

>Tell the owner

if
>You have to pay for them
then
>Lol, nope. I pay my membership and the weights are shit.
>Leave that gym and never return again

if
>No worries mate
>Brofist

There

Stop dropping the weight you fucking, faggot. If you can't put it down properly, then you shouldn't pick it up.

Damn what kind of shit plates are they?

You should be fine user. It fell apart on you. I'm sure the owner will be cool with you.

>dropping the bar

Good point. I'm sure you make your lifts worse on your own. This doesn't change the fact that being barefoot in a dirty public are is cringe and gross

Also

>implying shoes with a flat sole make your lifts worse

stop dropping the bar you fucking faggots. if you're too weak to manage to put it down like a normal fucking person then you should lift lighter weights like the bitch boy you are. it always pisses me off when little manlets desperately cry for attention by giving that extra effort into being loud. I'm not saying you need to be at that planet fitness level, but jesus christ keep it the fuck down

Always works.

now THAT'S making it
congrats bro I still remember the first time I broke a plate

yes it does, try doing that in a comp and see how many red lights you get faggot

It was a big plate

You do that at my gym and i drop you

I actually had a 90 lb dumbbell start to break when I did pull overs the other day. It didn't actually come apart but the handle started coming separated from the head. I told the owner, he obviously understood it was not my fault and now we have a new 90. Just own it and it will be fine dude.

>dropping
>not using bumpers

Ishygddt

...Alex?

[spoiler]for you[/spoiler]

no in fact they should be happy you don't sue them over faulty equipment. i can pretty much taste that lawsuit.

>views chucks as fuccboi gear.
>not as no-frills athletic shoe millions of people around the world wore for the past fifty years to pe and recreational sports.
get out millennial fag.

Controlled fall dude. Guide it down, slightly holding it to take some of the weight out.

>actually paying for it

hahahahahaha, jesus what a socially awkward faggot