Strongman general thread

General strongman discussion

2016 world strongest man discussion and predictions (is it too early?)

Predictions on MUH BOI Hafthor

Thoughts on big Z not competing, who you think the new top three will be

Personal strongman discussion.

can we call it /stronk/ strongman general

We already have a thread dedicated to these people. It's call a fat hate thread.

My predictions for top three are as follows

Brian Shaw. Hes been far to consistent.

Hafthor. Provided hes in good shape at the time, acting is cutting into his training time it seems.

Eddie Hall. Hes slow af, but his power is insane. He trained for deadlift specifically and shattered the WR so I think if he prepares he can make top three, maybe second if Hafthor isn't in great condition.

That being said, I badly want Hafthor to win. Huge fanboy of his ever since he fucking exploded onto the scene.

That being said I wouldn't be too insanely surprised if Eddie didn't make it in place of some dark horse no name.

I've also been meaning to ask if anything things the sport may be growing because of the attention Hafthor as Gregor in game of thrones may have drawn to it? Interested to hear opinions.

Today I learned no one gives a shit about strongman. RIP thread.

Come hang out in the /plg/ lad. We talk about it sometimes.

>predictions
uhhhh is this real? you realize the xmas showing is taped months ahead of time, this already happened thor got 2nd and that fat fuck brian shaw won again

Hathor has done basically nothing to bring people in to the sport.

The single biggest influx to Strongman in the last decade has been through Crossfit defectors coming in and the way that's forced promoters and feds to start considering the weight classes more.

dude like 6 of the top 8 this year in botswana are under 30, he's still 27, i guarantee you he has brought new people into it

And I guarantee you that, in all my time training and competing in Strongman, I've never heard a single person say Hathor had anything to do with them getting into the sport.

tfw no strongman bf

i dont compete but i didnt give a fuck about it until he came in. someone that young and lean in legit chances to win the last 3 years, he's definitely positive for the sport.

is this guy fat, or not?

What's a typical drug cocktail look like for these guys?

builtfat i guess

Brian shaw already confirmed winner of wsm2016 u doofuses

Bullshit. I've tried sporadically over the years and get flak for it every time. Us strongman trainees need our own thread.

In positive news, PR on zerchers and yoke for yours truly.

Correct, but it doesn't air until December so don't ruin the results for him friend.

>is it too early
About 3 weeks too late you utter lizard

Eddie is pretty fat as strongmen go. Ridiculously strong, but nowhere near athletic enough to win WSM. He needs to lose a few stone or I seriously worry about his health