/MPG/ MEAL PREP GENERAL

Labour Day edition

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/176132/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-sandwiches/
damndelicious.net/2016/03/30/10-minute-healthy-cauliflower-rice/
ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/10/vegetable-noodles-are-going-to-change-everything_n_5112928.html
allrecipes.com/recipe/228293/curry-stand-chicken-tikka-masala-sauce/
alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/04/light-and-fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gonna do some (12) tomorrow

Best way to reheat chicken breast?

I just eat my meals cold tbph

How do I into meal prep

Where is the meal prep sticky

protips?

Where you get dem nice containers, /b/ro?

> Figure out what you want to eat
> Buy it
> Cook it
> Put in containers.

win.

just do it

I dont know what I want to eat

What is a good noob starter meal that anyone can prep

What do I buy

How 2 cook

What containers to contain with

stop fucking hording the gains let me get some fucking gains

>cold rice

isn't that shit all crunchy
groce

depends where

I just put it inside a container and sprinkle a little water on it then nuke it for 45 seconds, making sure it's covered.

>rice
>crunchy
learn how to cook rice dude it's a pretty simple thing
chicken, vegetables and rice is good
steam the veggies to keep them tasty
you don't need to read tutorials just do what this guy said.

How do people keep cooked chicken breast in the fridge more? How about beef mince? Usually I keep it for 3 days, (72 hours from cooking) but not sure that's a good idea.

Ugh, "how long for" is what I meant to type obviously.

Broccoli, Rice, Diced Chicken, Asparagus, Quinoa...

Throw some sea salt and garlic seasoning on it and you're good to go

what kind of rice do you use, when ever I try to eat it out of the fridge its clumped into a brick and hard as fuck

in my experience cooked foods stay good up to a week in an airtight container and a cold fridge but what I do is I make 12 meals, 6 into fridge 6 into freezer and when my fridge stock falls below 2 I take two from the freezer to thaw in the fridge. that way they are rarely in the fridge for more than 3 days and I have 2 prepped meals a day for the week

basmati. it gets a little clumpy sure but not hard or crunchy. in my mouth the texture is the same

>white rice

Where exactly did you get confused with this?
>Hurr durr how do I put things into containers?

What seasoning do you guys use?

Last week's effort
4x tuna steaks with beans and asparagus
4x Cajun chicken with rice, broccoli and roast veg
4x morrow an chicken with rice, broccoli and roast veg
3x Kangaroo fillet with mushroom and peppers

Or something like that

olive oil with fresh rosemary and thyme for all. all you need is 1g of oil per breast and the difference it makes is huge.
then pick one to keep up variety:
salt & pepper
shichimi
the thing in pic

this is just what I use it's better to buy individual spices if you have the opportunity

>seasoning

That was meant to be morrocan. Bastard phone auto correct.

Also been making these oven baked muffin pan eggs for breakfast.
And cold brew coffee, turns out that stuff is not a meme.

tell me about your eggs

>turns out that stuff is not a meme.
I have to try it. is it any good without a ton of sugar and cream like the recipes tell you to use?

This is the way to do it, never any chance of not having a meal in there and eating something off plan.

Fry off a little onion and kale maybe some bacon. Not much, just something to make the eggs a bit less boring.
Make a six egg omelette, add in some chilli paste if you want, or herbs and spices.
Spoon a bit of the kale mix into each of a six muffin pan. Use silicon to prevent sticking.
Pour the egg mix in evenly.
Bake at 180c for about 15-18 mins or until solid.

I make six at a time and have 2 a day for breakfast, just microwave em for a minute. Probs good on a tortilla or something.

I get up at 3 so this being ready helped me get away from carb heavy breakfasts.

Pretty easy mate, I grind 50g of fresh beans add em to the filter of pic related and leave for 8 hours.
$2.20 Australian for a litre of coffee.
I don't normally take sugar in my coffee so I don't add any to this. I do normally need milk though and I drink this black so it's much smoother. And strong as.

it only gets crunchy if you let it sit in the open and dry out.

>that broccoli size
> that bland rubber chicken
> those whole cauliflowers
>dumping of plain white rice in the middle
kys, learn2cook, season.

you guys are the inspiration to me!

I have done it in the past, but I'm too lazy to make it a habit.. I need to step my game up.

it'll give it a shot

>bland shit looking food

>eating this shit everyday

Lmao jesus christ learn to cook and season or get creative. I eat chipotle flavored chicken, whole grain pasta salad and a marinated broccoli carrot potato salad on the side. I would kill myself if I had to diet like you idiots

Are you a girl or homosexual?

Any non shit foods that doesnt involve chicken rice or broccoli? What about stews, pastas and other meats?

>he insulted my awful looking good he must be gay for me

Look buddy dont get mad that I find your meal planning to be absolutely poo tasting rubber shit. You posted pics

>bland
learn to season faggot :)
steamed vegetables taste amazing just with some salt. not everyone's an amerifat who's destroyed their taste buds with artificial flavouring :)

*awful looking food

I didn't post any food, i don't meal prep because i'm not a faggot.

But
>Ugh do you guise really eat this?! omg

How soft are you faggot. Go eat some organic parsley.

Looks good. Any recipes/tips?
Also, kangaroo fillets? Where can I try some? American BTW.

>I dont meal prep because Im not a faggot so Im posting in this thread about meal planning and responding angrily because I totally am not one of those faggots who posted pics here of their shit tier food that they felt was good enough to post as advice

Lmao get mad

Great response

Be careful you don't choke on your culinary chipotle flavoured chicken

I never understood this broccolli, chicken and rice meme like do you not eat fat at all?

Their cooking is retard tier. I would post some Veeky Forums healthy recipes but some of these autists would claim Im being gay for cooking tasty healthy food and not their bland nasty boring rubber chicken and rice lmao

>This salty

I think its just what they think is healthy food.
In reality rice is pretty nutritionally empty, broccoli is good but its normally a mediocre amount. And then chicken is good but diversify your diet cmon guys

How many containters do you guys prep for 1 day? Also if you guys prep for the whole week by the 7th day does the last meal taste like shit for being old food?

post them anyway

Prep for a week.
Last ~3 meals you freeze.
When you approach, take them out and put them in the fridge.

>artificial flavoring
>home made food
Retard detected.

>not knowing how to cook
Anglo detected.

>all dat white rice
>topped with chicken
not sure if you fuckers are spics, gooks, or poo-in-loo fecal indians, but that cuisine would never be acceptable in a white country.
>inb4 USA's not white, goy, muh melting pot meme

Well let's see your meal preps then, big guy

Here are a couple goodies:
>Slow cooker (crockpot) Buffalo Chicken
allrecipes.com/recipe/176132/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-sandwiches/
I don't eat the bread, I just make the chicken this way because it tastes amazing
>Cauliflower rice
damndelicious.net/2016/03/30/10-minute-healthy-cauliflower-rice/
This can easily be made into a healthy Chinese fried rice, just google the recipe if you're interested.
>Almond crust pizza (Fat head pizza)
ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

saved that rice recipe, thanks senpai

100% Pain and other hot sauces without sugar or fat
Flaked chili
Flaked bell pepper
Chipotle
Pepper, Thyme, Rosemary
lemon
coriander
sometimes tears

there's 35 grams of rice and a whole chickenbreast (~200g) in each of those

few more good ones
>Zoodles (make noodles from zucchini or sweet potato instead of spaghetti)
huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/10/vegetable-noodles-are-going-to-change-everything_n_5112928.html
If you like spaghetti or fettucini, these are an awesome way to satisfy a craving for Italian food without loading up on carbs.

>mashed cauliflower that tastes better than mashed potato
Get a bag of chopped cauli at Aldi or at Trader Joes, otherwise just shred the head of one medium cauliflower on a cheese grater or food processor.
Melt 1 tbsp(s) of animal fat or bacon grease, and 1 tbsp butter in a pan on medium heat.
Add the chopped up cauliflower and let it sit for about 5 mins and get the bottom crispy.
Deglaze with just a bit of beef broth, or just water if you don't have broth.
Remove cauli from pan into bowl
Add 1 oz Brie cheese, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 oz cream cheese. Mix it all up well.
Chop up 2 slices of cooked bacon and mix in.
Add 1/4 tsp garlic powder, sprinkle of salt and pepper for seasoning.
Enjoy

>Curry Stand Chicken Tikka Masala Sauce
for all you chicken eaters, try this Indian curry sauce, it's easy to make, healthy, and tastes delicious
allrecipes.com/recipe/228293/curry-stand-chicken-tikka-masala-sauce/

>The Best Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes
alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/04/light-and-fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html
Coconut flour costs more than regular flour but these pancakes are worth it.

Here's a little tutorial on how to store cooked rice so that it doesn't go to shit later or dry out:

>get small food storage containers, single serving sizes for your rice portion. I liked to use these half cup glass cups with silicone lids
>fill them while the rice is still hot and steaming
>seal up lids, let them get to room temp before putting in the freezer. You can speed up this step by placing your containers on an icepack or shallow ice bath
>when you're ready to eat, pop it in the microwave with the lid pulled open slightly to allow some steam to leave
>frozen container of rice can also be used in lieu of an icepack to keep the rest of your lunch cool during transport to your workplace

-How to I make up my meals
-What are some solid meals you guys often use
-is this dinner/breakfast or do you eat three of these fuckers a day

There are now more minority kids born in the US than white kids

>white country

>The first immigration policy of the U.S., The Naturalization Act of 1790, passed by Thomas Jefferson himself, stated clearly that only "Free White People" were eligible for citizenship.
Whites are currently the most discriminated group in America

On a bulk boys and girls.
Making a big pot of spaghetti Bolognese.

Chicken, spinach, mushroom lasagna with mozarella, gouda and parmezan.
Good for 3500kcal or 3 big ass meals.

I've been thinking about doing this but won't the food lose nutrients being stored that long? I got a bad case of the dumbs don't know if thats a retarded question but seriously

You sound unbelievably incapable

>implying fat american ass harvests herbs
>implying you don't get your seasoning from wallmart

Fucking amerifats I swear

wow some of these sad excuses of meals would make me want to kill myself. learn how to properly prepare food you tards

Cooking daily so I won't have to eat every day of the week the same cold meal master race, reporting in.

Can anybody tell me how to make rice+chicken tasty? How do I into spice/seasoning?

Yeah, I read that. Prolonged freezing will break down nutrients and fresh will always be better. But I guess if you make portions for one week it's not that big of a deal.

It's also really useful with lunchboxes instead of going to a resturant (way more expensive and way more calories)

care to share ingredients? looks good

True mate, I should do that more again, instead of going out and thinking of food only when I get hungry and half the time ending up with some cheap food that no doubt is filled with crap.

>400 g pasta (weighted when uncooked)
>800 g minced chicken
>1 can kidney beans
>1/2 can white beans
>a vague amount of mushrooms and frozen vegie mix
>sweet and sour sauce
>bbq sauce
>garlic powder (and other spices you like)

I divided it into 7 servings, each giving about 510 calories, 11g fat, 34g proteins

I understand that it's not easy to come up with some /fit meals when you have no clue about cooking, but Jesus Christ I'd be surprised if you could dress yourself without help in the morning.

Just watch some videos on cooking, lurk more and use the magical wonder machine that is google.

Or look at this: imgur.com/a/5nbmA

After I started dedicating myself to getting fit and making my own meals my spenditures on food has gone down about 80% (I used to eat out a strong majority of my meals) and I've lost 8.5 kg in 2.5 months. Feels good with strenght gains, weightloss gains and wallet gains.

if you cook a whole chicken in the oven, you can add half cooked rice with it for the last like 15 minutes so the rice isn't bland. it's pretty bomb

but i generally just make a chicken curry to eat with rice rather than seasoned breasts

cheers, will give it a go

That has to include all Hispanics in order to hold true, regardless of whether or not they are white. The white majority is simply transitioning from a Germanic background to a Spaniard background (like myself). I have blonde hair and blue eyes and yet I'm considered Hispanic on the census.

What do you mean? How do you not know how to season food? Have you ever put salt or pepper on something? Find some combination of flavours you like and either put that shit on as you're cooking or once you've finished cooking and that's it. Don't even worry about marinades, you can't handle that shit

You may as well be asking "How do I drink from a glass?" Or "How do I masturbate?"

Food, especially meat isn't going to last longer than 3 days after prepping. Prepping for more than 3 days is idiotic.

that's just sad. did you mom not love you enough to teach you some basic cooking?

Meal prepping is fucking retarded. You will do it to "save time" but it will cost you roughly the same time every week? You will have to dedicate a few hours every 3 days rather than just up to one every day.

Only thing I prep is chilli, everything else is easily done on the day. Need something with onions? Cut a batch up for the week, fry them fresh, pre cut your meat, throw in some tomatoe puree and chopped tomatoes, bam, meal done in minutes.

As an ex chef (up to head, 11 years experience, fine dining and gastropub) meal prep is the most retarded and dull way to eat. It will cost you your lifting too when you get bored of the eating the same thing every day and either start having frequent cheat meals or give up completely.

Same. Me and my gf used to order food in, but even if you order the healthier choices, it's still pretty bad. Just limiting ordering/eating out to once a week must have saved us in the hundreds easily.

Are frozen vegetables ok to eat? I would buy them fresh but I'm too lazy to cook them and they usually spoil.

sounds nice, will try it out

You forget what website we're on.

do you just refrigerate the shit or do you put it in the freezer?

I refrigerate it, but it's only safe to eat within 3-5 days. if you're planning on storing it for longer, put it in an airtight, sealed bag unless you want freezer burn.

I wouldn't recommend prepping food if you're not going to eat it all within 4 days though.

TO ALL YOU ANTI-MEAL PREP FOLKS

Meal prep is literally the only way how my weak willed ass can keep a healthy diet.

If I buy 25€ worth of food every Monday - I have no excuse to keep buying junk food and snacking away. I would simply go broke after a few months.

Knock it all you want but it does help people get on track.

No idea mate sorry. I guess it's a lot like us trying to get bison. Even if you could get it over there it's gotta be hella expensive.

Bit of unusual request here:

I'm basically looking for a protein filled disgusting brown goo.

I want to make a food that is not appealing to the eye, that is filled with nutrients, low carb, med fat and high protons, and that you could basically eat for several days straight without needing any other food

Bonus points if it tastes like crap

sounds good. was also wondering, how do you prepare it? do you just toss everything in a pot?
1. boil the pasta
2. put chicken in clean pot
3. veggies
4. sauce
5. beans
6. pasta
or how goes?

>I'm a great cook
>I can't cook chicken without making it bland

I eat plenty of fat in my nightly meal. I just find that despite the 'meme' this tuff is pretty tasty, can be cooked in large batches and even tastes decent after freezing and reheating.

A lot of what I cook is based on what I can get cheaper at the shops. This week it was chicken kangaroo and tuna steaks. Next week it may be mince, pork belly and salmon.

But please, feel free to actually contribute to the discussion by posting some of your food?

oh, I forgot onion. first you chop an onion and fry it until it's golden in a pan. I use coconut oil, but put whatever you want. then put in chicken and the spices and let it cook until it's not pink anymore. then add the beans, mushrooms veggies and the sauce and let it simmer so all the flavors get mixed. boil the pasta separately. remember to put a tablespoon of oil in the water so the pasta doesn't get all sticky. then in a big bowl, mix them together and portion it. let it cool before putting the lid on and storing it

White, brown n red, mixed...ad dash of water when reheating...

> poo in loo fecal Indians
> Unacceptable in a white country
> TRY THIS INDIAN CURRY SAUCE!

Oh America....