Anyone know what the best and cheapest lifting shoe is?

Anyone know what the best and cheapest lifting shoe is?

Needs to be affordable because I'm a student

Other urls found in this thread:

weightliftingshoeguide.com/shoes/adidas-power-perfect-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

here's what I use.
solid heel, thin and flexible front.
got for around $70 (US) three years ago.

>makes me taller. :-)

Adidas Powerlift 2s are like 60 to 70 dollars on Amazon and will last you years.

>solid heel
>Can see holes in the heel from the picture
Avoid garbage like this.

Are Chuck Taylors any good ?

wei rui warriors

great budget shoe. Lasted me years and I squatted 400+ in them w/o issue

Do you find their weight to be a downside? I've had powerlift 2.0 for like 2 years but I'm trying to get rid of them due to the compressible heel/slightly lower heel.

>Do you find their weight to be a downside?
Not him, but no. I'm not running or doing box jumps in the damn things.

yes

sandals

Nah bruh, flip flops

Listen to this guy. Get a pair of Powerlift 2s - excellent Babby's First Lifting Shoe, low price, good quality, and if you lift long enough to wear them out you'll be at a point where you know what you need next.

rebok

I'm rocking weightliftingshoeguide.com/shoes/adidas-power-perfect-2/ these babies 'cause a friend advised me to get these and I love em. Not quite as affordable as powerlifts though

Power perfect 2 >>>>> powerlift 2

You really don't need that aggressive of an heel raise as a beginner, but if you can find them for the same price as Powerlift 2s then it really isn't going to make or break training. People recommend Powerlift 2s because they're cheap and well made, not because they are the best. Most beginners have no business buying a 120+ pair of shoes.

powerlift 2 or 3?

I started lifting in Adidas Superstars.
I switched to Ristos and wore them out.
I switched to Sabo (Power Lifts) and used them for some time.
I'm now back to the Superstars.

Don't fall for the meme. If you can comfortably hit depth in flats, you don't need lifting shoes.

if you have the money, many of the shoes recommended by other anons are great solid choices

but if youre looking for some cheap shoes that arent "designed" for weight lifting, just get any shoe with a flat sole

chucks are good because they have flat soles
they're gym shoes, it doesnt really matter that much unless youre really pulling some heavy weight

buy a pair of shitty old navy shoes (or insert some other cheap brand) that has a flat sole

Either is fine. Whatever is cheaper and doesn't come in a retarded color.

Which is the best colours, I vote killer bee colour scheme

actually lifting shoes help activate the quad more

I actually like the yellow and black. Couldn't get it in my size off amazon. Ended up settling for classic Adidas black and white. The purple ones are fucking horrid.

Ok great, you're a student

Addidas Powerlift 2.0's. unless you wanna fuck around with chinese shit like Do-Wins

red and black are sharp af

What if you're not a jew. Is it worthwhile buying adipowers?

These will not offer you any stability. Better go barefoot than use this. Put a camera behind you will squatting focused on your feet and you'll see what I mean.

Powerlifts have less stability than the PPII and their sole compresses at higher weights. If they were 20 bucks then ok but they're not. Why not invest 30-50 bucks more for a shoe that will last you more than just "a few years"??
>if you lift long enough to wear them out you'll be at a point where you know what you need next.
There are like 3 good lifting shoes on the western market and all are equally popular. You just pick one of them and you're set for the rest of your life.
>You really don't need that aggressive of an heel raise as a beginner
You don't really *need* any heel raise as a beginner.
>Most beginners have no business buying a 120+ pair of shoes.
Unless you're literally broke there's no reason not to get a proper pair. And if you're that broke that you can't afford to invest in 120 dollar pair of shoes that will improve your lifting six gazillion times for the next decade if not more than you have no business buying any lifting shoe.

There is literally no reason to ever get the Powerlifts. They're an inferior shoe, significantly worse for a marginally lower price. I'd rather get a cheap pair of DoWins.

Try them on and find out. Spoilers: Yes they are worth it.